• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: OWM: OverWorld Manager

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 21, 2023
Could you tell your procedures?
Sure, I just go to actions, import frames sheet, and select my sheet. It looks perfectly fine once I put it in OVM, and every frame is correct, but as soon as I open Advance Map, they're all invisible.

Years
  • Seen today
Sure, I just go to actions, import frames sheet, and select my sheet. It looks perfectly fine once I put it in OVM, and every frame is correct, but as soon as I open Advance Map, they're all invisible.

How they show up in advancemap doesn't have to be the same as they show up in-game.

You probably haven't installed JPAN's engine, which means you haven't expanded the amount of overworld sprites you could insert. You need to do that first, before you can add new overworld in FR after 151.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 21, 2023
How they show up in advancemap doesn't have to be the same as they show up in-game.

You probably haven't installed JPAN's engine, which means you haven't expanded the amount of overworld sprites you could insert. You need to do that first, before you can add new overworld in FR after 151.

I'm using Leon's Ultimate Rom Base, which has JPAN's engine and expanded overworlds. When I say that they're showing up invisible in Advance Map, I mean every single overworld in the game is showing up invisible.
Edit: I think it's the rom base itself that's the problem, and not the program. It worked fine on a clean rom.

Last edited:

Criminon

Forever Spriting
Years
I desperately want this tool to work 100%, however I feel like every time I use it, I get errors.

Trying to insert a 64x64 sprite. (A Truck) I've done it before, but now for no reason its not accepting the same image.

By accepting I mean that it puts it into the editor, I can see it in there, Amap does not. Game does not. Appears sometimes as nothing or the very very top of my head.

Actually fixed a problem. Had a 16x16 single frame and used a 32 x 32 and it fixed the issue, despite the image fitting.

I honestly absolutely love this tool. It's helped me so much and it really pushes making awesome sprites legitimate. I just really want it to not have bugs D: If there's any help you can give me or explain why this is happening I would really appreciate it.

What are the max amount of sprites that you can add? Is there a reason it bugs like that? How can this be prevented?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 2, 2019
Faced a problem. OWM Not looking for a free space, but simply replacing what makes a crash game or crash move the pokemon. (Fire red Rom)

Years
This program used to work really well for me and now it can't even add overworld slots.
Yeah, maybe I'm missing something but I feel like I've tried everything, and I just can't for the life of me import a sprite (which the old NSE will let me do) from just a png/bmp, no sheet or anything. I always get some error about the image size (though NSE classic works fine).. Are there any older versions or something that will let me do this?

Last edited:

GreasyGarlic

Banned
Years
Yeah, maybe I'm missing something but I feel like I've tried everything, and I just can't for the life of me import a sprite (which the old NSE will let me do) from just a png/bmp, no sheet or anything. I always get some error about the image size (though NSE classic works fine).. Are there any older versions or something that will let me do this?
I figured out what the problem was. In my case I had some random hex values at the end of my palette table. Once I removed them the program worked fine.

Years
Every time I try to import a sprite sheet it keeps crashing.. It was working perfectly before, has anyone else had this issue? I'm kinda stuck now because this started happening since the last time I edited sprites which was about a month ago... I just noticed it now, Any advice?

Years
Hey guys so I managed to fix that bug that made OWM instantly close when I tried to import my sprites. I thought it might be a good idea to post it here.

So, after an insane amount of trial and error (and copy pasting a backup's hexcode over top my current version until the editor started working again, I was able to single out the issue that was causing the problem.

So my rom that was causing the editor to crash had this string of hex at the offset:
0x2F5FE8
Spoiler:

My backed up rom (which was like 15 backups ago was the last version of my rom to properly work with that program. Since it was my first time adding another sprite in since that time I hadn't noticed and I was kinda freaking out lol.

Anyway, I played a little game of spot the difference and noticed that the code from my backup was identical in every way (other than added events, map changes, level scaling, etc), except in this location. For some reason my back up looked like this at the same offset.
Spoiler:

Long story short, I copied and pasted the string of hex from my old rom to my new rom and was able to keep all of my data intact while simultaneously allowing the program to run correctly. The only difference was that one of the pallets for one of the characters I created was distorted so I fixed it.

My question to the creator and anyone else who might know why it happened is

WHAT THE HELL DID I DO????? LOL thanks guys, this program's awesome by the way!

Years
So, I ran into another issue, when I insert a sprite that exceeds the original limit of 151 or 152 or whatever, when I try to insert the sprite into my game with advanced map it keeps showing up as the little boy sprite. Any sprite over the limit does this. On advanced map it shows the sprite that was added, but in game it shows the wrong image.

Years
  • Seen today
So, I ran into another issue, when I insert a sprite that exceeds the original limit of 151 or 152 or whatever, when I try to insert the sprite into my game with advanced map it keeps showing up as the little boy sprite. Any sprite over the limit does this. On advanced map it shows the sprite that was added, but in game it shows the wrong image.

Have you imported JPAN's hacked engine?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 21, 2023
I am also having issues with this program. It used to work great, but now it crashes whenever I insert a sprite sheet, crashes whenever I open and analyze a rom, and some roms just flat out won't open.

Years
No, I do not use JPAN's engine however, I fixed the issue. I simply had to change the byte at 0x5F2E0 to EF. Now it works fine

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 23, 2020
Crashed even if loading ROM in owm suddenly.
It was usable before.
By the way, it is the same ROM.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 2, 2019
It became unbearable to work with this program. Constantly pours out. Looking for nothing. And from time to time it shows that it is a virus. Sometimes it disappears all by itself. Worse and worse. Previously, she worked normally without refusal. But now turned into a pile of burning garbage. Author if you are here. If you did not give it up. Fix it at last!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen today
It became unbearable to work with this program. Constantly pours out. Looking for nothing. And from time to time it shows that it is a virus. Sometimes it disappears all by itself. Worse and worse. Previously, she worked normally without refusal. But now turned into a pile of burning garbage. Author if you are here. If you did not give it up. Fix it at last!

First, demanding stuff like this works demotivating. Someone makes this for free and you can use it to your liking. If you don't like it, don't use it. Or even better, make something yourself before you start harrassing someone.

Second, the program works fine for me. I have no idea how you can call this 'a pile of burning garbage', since it makes implementing new overworld sprites much less time consuming than alternatives!

Concerning your story, you probably just have to set this program as a 'safe' program in your virusscan/firewall/anti-malware program.

Back