Sun & Moon Why do people hate Torracat?

Started by ValorSugarcakes May 12th, 2019 6:34 PM
  • 10 replies

Percy

Male
Asia
Seen 14 Hours Ago
Posted 14 Hours Ago
what, people hate torracat?? i understand if they hate incineroar... but torracat?

has anyone noticed that fluffy cheek fur <3

erik destler

boop

Age 27
Male
louisiana
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 8 Hours Ago
6,850 posts
14.3 Years
I've only heard hatred directed toward Incineroar. I'm personally not a fan of Incineroar, tbh, because it just seems like such a huge departure from cute lil' Litten.

Paired with Laslow and Cherrim

Palamon

Has sent out Pikachu!

Age 22
Male
Milaturia.
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 11 Hours Ago
4,945 posts
10.6 Years
What's wrong with Torrocat? @_@ I've never heard anyone hate on Torrocat? I've heard Popplio & Brionne hate, but never Torrocat...
Theme: Natsume Sakasaki
Pair: Green

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...

Age 21
Male
UK, happy now?
Seen 18 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
816 posts
2.4 Years
Yeah, a lot of the hate nowadays is directed towards Incineroar. At first, it was initially on the Popplio line (with people fangasming over Rowlet) and then the final evolutions got revealed and reception towards the line was a lot more neutral. Decidueye was also well-received, leaving the wrestler cat in an awkward middle-ground position. I presume it's largely because of the design (another bipedal fire starter) and the fact that it evokes shades of a Fire/Fighting starter, despite the fact it's Fire/Dark and it makes perfect sense for it, being a heel wrestler and all.

Shame it is bashed, because Incineroar is the best Pokemon right now in VGC.

Signature banner made by tokyodrift.

3DS FC: 5301-2379-3187 | Switch FC: 5938-0388-8577
IGNs: X: Bowser | AS: Bowser | Moon: Link | Ultra Moon: HeroLinik | Let's Go Eevee: HeroLinik
My Friend Safari is Water and it contains Octillery, Frogadier and Wartortle.

Watch me do stuff on the YouTubes

VisionofMilotic

Lover of Dragons

Female
Sootopolis City
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
2,874 posts
3.3 Years
Torracat? Nah, he's still a handsome boy! He's not the cuddly Litten, but Torracat still looks really cool. Torracat's a solidly-designed pokemon with personality shining through in that little smirk

Incineroar may be good competitively, but both of his pre-evolutions have bested him on design.

Name: Narcissus
Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

I got Haxorus on "What Dragon-Type Pokemon are you?" https://quotev.com/quiz/5077163

Astronaut

space adventure

Non-binary
Seen 23 Hours Ago
Posted 23 Hours Ago
32,962 posts
11.8 Years
Torracat was adorable and awesome in my Sun playthrough! I really love its design also, being super cat like even compared to many other cat pokémon. Maybe it's the fact that it was so very animated in the Alola games.

But yeah, like many others here, I actually haven't heard of anyone who has hated Torracat.

juliorain

Male
USA
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
1,633 posts
3.1 Years
Torracat is ugly. I don't support dark types either way, and I just want it to stay a Litten

OOC: I personally think it's fine and I actually chose Incineroar my first run through of Sun.
Advertiser Content