LilyGardy

Lilligant Trainer

Female
Celadon Gym
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
4,174 posts
4.2 Years
I am guessing this Rockruff is unbreedable like Ash Greninja was.

Lycanroc Dusk Form looks to be better competitively than the other two Lycanroc forms. It won't be broken though so why limit it to event only. We already have a lot of event only Pokemon.
Currently writing - The Rose of Team Magma

Hikamaru

Age 26
Female
Australia
Seen January 24th, 2019
Posted September 4th, 2018
50,245 posts
8.5 Years
I am guessing this Rockruff is unbreedable like Ash Greninja was.

Lycanroc Dusk Form looks to be better competitively than the other two Lycanroc forms. It won't be broken though so why limit it to event only. We already have a lot of event only Pokemon.
The question will be if the event Rockruff is programmed with Tough Claws or not, since that's unique to Dusk Form Lycanroc while the other forms have either Keen Eye or Sand Rush/Vital Spirit.
Gone forever for personal reasons.
Visit my Tumblr page if you wish to contact me.

http://daikenkki.tumblr.com/

Hikamaru

Age 26
Female
Australia
Seen January 24th, 2019
50,245 posts
8.5 Years
Why would they have a trailer for just an event pokemon?
The launch events have been shown in trailers before, as shown with Torchic in X/Y and Munchlax in S/M. Can't recall exactly if OR/AS had a trailer mentioning the shiny Beldum, but I think that would be true as well.

Ida13

Gone For a While

Female
Seen December 6th, 2017
Posted December 5th, 2017
726 posts
2.2 Years
I agree with you guys. It's like popularity of Ash-Greninja in the XY/XYZ series (despite not being available in the games until S/M) was so huge that it wanted the anime writers to have Ash market yet another special Pokemon that is unobtainable by normal means.

And I'm also with the second comment in that this event Rockruff may be unable to breed, like the special Pichu/Pikachu forms such as Spiky-Eared Pichu or Cosplay Pikachu.
I do not want this to be one that can't be transferred like the two pokemon mentioned. If there is a morning form, it probably would be what the event Rockruff evolves into in Ultra Moon, and the Dusk form in Ultra Sun. This would mean to get both forms, you probably have to get both versions, and that would be a good thing for Gamefreak. They might do this, actually. And if its like Ashgreninja, Lycanroc would get a lot of attention in the series, and that's cool.
Male
NZ
Seen December 29th, 2017
Posted December 29th, 2017
1,393 posts
2.3 Years
I do not want this to be one that can't be transferred like the two pokemon mentioned. If there is a morning form, it probably would be what the event Rockruff evolves into in Ultra Moon, and the Dusk form in Ultra Sun. This would mean to get both forms, you probably have to get both versions, and that would be a good thing for Gamefreak. They might do this, actually. And if its like Ashgreninja, Lycanroc would get a lot of attention in the series, and that's cool.
I don't think there is another form of Lycanroc. I think Dusk form is the only one we are getting.

Ida13

Gone For a While

Female
Seen December 6th, 2017
Posted December 5th, 2017
726 posts
2.2 Years
I don't think there is another form of Lycanroc. I think Dusk form is the only one we are getting.
It might be the only one, and it is probably a good thing, because it would have better stats if there is only one new form for them to work on.

Somewhere_

i don't know where

Age 19
Male
somewhere (duh)
Seen June 5th, 2019
Posted March 17th, 2019
4,496 posts
4.3 Years
The launch events have been shown in trailers before, as shown with Torchic in X/Y and Munchlax in S/M. Can't recall exactly if OR/AS had a trailer mentioning the shiny Beldum, but I think that would be true as well.
The purpose of trailers are to increase the demand for a game and to hype up consistent consumers, so I suppose trailers on event pokemon could do that. I really enjoy receiving gift pokemon, but in my opinion, Lycanroc isnt special enough to be an event only pokemon. I would like to be able to catch it in my own game or evolve it from a Rockruff. And that isnt hard on Nintendo's part: just have rock ruff that evolve into the various forms spawn at different times of day.

The Torchic in X/Y is special because Torchic hadnt been available to play since Ruby and Sapphire and wasnt available in the game. Not to mention, its a popular starter and strong competitively with the megastone. And shiny pokemon are incredibly rare, so the shiny Beldum makes sense (especially it being a popular pokemon from Gen 3 and one of Stephen's pokemon). A normal Beldum would not make sense. As for Munchlax, it is also difficult to get because often there is only 1 Snorlax to catch in a Pokemon game and it is a strong pokemon, so its harder to capture. + it needs to breed with a ditto (sometimes hard to acquire) with a special incense, which you have to find yourself. So I think Munchlax is special enough.

Unfortunately, while I like the new Lycanroc form, the trailer is disappointing and I'm disappointed it is only an event pokemon.

Hikamaru

Age 26
Female
Australia
Seen January 24th, 2019
50,245 posts
8.5 Years
I rather see trailers of the actual game. Lycanroc trailer was alright but it gave us nothing else on USUM.
We're like midway through the month so I guess maybe September will be when the serious trailers start to be delivered.

Hikamaru

Age 26
Female
Australia
Seen January 24th, 2019
50,245 posts
8.5 Years
I hope they will change the evolution method, but it's been years that we re hopping ..
The question will be if Midday and Midnight Form Lycanroc's evolution mechanics are still locked to a certain version, or if it'll be changed to become a simple day/night evolution instead.

Male
NZ
Seen December 29th, 2017
Posted December 29th, 2017
1,393 posts
2.3 Years
The question will be if Midday and Midnight Form Lycanroc's evolution mechanics are still locked to a certain version, or if it'll be changed to become a simple day/night evolution instead.
Probably locked in certain versions. We can always catch the other form in the wild.

Hikamaru

Age 26
Female
Australia
Seen January 24th, 2019
50,245 posts
8.5 Years
Probably locked in certain versions. We can always catch the other form in the wild.
I can understand your point. Though considering it was promoted as a major gimmick in S/M, it probably won't be as gimmicky this time around.

Advertiser Content