• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon SunGold & Pokémon MoonSilver

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
does not work. since you already have the zippyshare account can you just pm the file to me?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
Thank you I have the file now thanks to Aori.
loaded it up on my phone and it does work. i have not started playing yet so cannot test if the type chart is 6th gen. pokemon type chart is not so easy to learn, when there is over 15 pokemon types and you have already spend much time in Emerald and Platinum learning the types and learning that one extra type from 6th gen, suddenly throwing it out for a new chart would be exhausting. some just want a relaxing good time with a pokemon game, with increased level opponents and edits on pokemon that makes sense, not the whole type chart relearning it from the beginning again.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 25, 2016
Hey,
I created a patch of Moonsilver with the 6th gen typchart. the rom boots but if this have an error or not idk. you guys need to test it yourself.

can you put the ice type changes in this patch and keep everything else the same as 6 gen

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 26, 2017
I would like to have a vanilla version of the game, one where it just adds the fairy type and has improved level of wild pokemon and gym leaders.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 27, 2016
I've been playing SunGold and have enjoyed it so far. A few things I've noticed though:
- The move deleter in Cianwood doesn't work for some reason. She tells me she's the move deleter but doesn't even ask if I'd like to delete moves
- The levels of wild pokemon make grinding virtually impossible without xp codes. I'm at lake of rage and the highest pokemon I've encountered is a level 20.
Other than that its a pretty good hack! I like being able to play through 4th gen with fairy types though I wish the type chart wasn't changed.

d4rk

Oh my Arceus!
Years
I've been playing SunGold and have enjoyed it so far. A few things I've noticed though:
- The move deleter in Cianwood doesn't work for some reason. She tells me she's the move deleter but doesn't even ask if I'd like to delete moves
- The levels of wild pokemon make grinding virtually impossible without xp codes. I'm at lake of rage and the highest pokemon I've encountered is a level 20.

Oh no!
Maybe I'll wait this to be fixed before playing it, I hate grinding on low level pokemon and I hate to keep Strenght, Cut, and other HMs in my team. Anyways if these moves have been boosted I still can pass, but grinding is meh.

Or I'll use the Exp. points cheating codes as well

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 27, 2016
Oh no!
Maybe I'll wait this to be fixed before playing it, I hate grinding on low level pokemon and I hate to keep Strenght, Cut, and other HMs in my team. Anyways if these moves have been boosted I still can pass, but grinding is meh.

Or I'll use the Exp. points cheating codes as well

I mean you could always just pokegen the moves off and use XP codes. Or you could try MoonSilver since he kept Drayano's script.

d4rk

Oh my Arceus!
Years
Nah I'm giving SunGold a try because I never player HeartGold before and MoonSilver (StormSilver), from what I understand, has an alternate storyline/map design; so it is a good chance to discover HeartGold.
I remember having use XP cheat in Pokemon Glazed when I eventually got bored

Anyways I've spotted some oddities :
- the old man in cherrygrove city. it gives you running shoes but the script states "old rod" before receiving the item; moreover player's mom was supposed to give the running shoes (in the script) but does not
- Magikarp with power-up punch. with which hands?
- Lyra walks with a Marrill but shows a (starter) as lead Pokemon in the "catching pokemon" demo
- Trainer displayed on map has a different skin than trainer displayed on battle. This is a minor oddity but was surprising at first :)

But this is interesting so far. I was happy to cross the way of a Makuhita, I will add it to my team. And later on I'm ditching my Totodile to try some underrated Pokemon =)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2016
Hi, I recently started playing this Hack as an egglocke. Some of the type matchups are confusing but I am making progress...but whats annoying me right now is I have a Magmar and a Seadra I want to evolve. With Dray's hack I just use the item they use for trade evolution and BAM I got my Magmortar and Kingdra but no so for this hack. Please can you tell me how I can get them to evolve?

d4rk

Oh my Arceus!
Years
For the following Pokémon: Clamperl, Dusclops, Electabuzz, Magmar, Onix, Poliwhirl, Porygon, Porygon2, Rhydon, Scyther, Seadra, Slowpoke. Instead of trading them with the necessary item, simply "Use" it from the menu instead like an evolutionary stone.

I found this in the documentation provided with the patch. If the feature does not work then I will have a problem with my Onix as well (if I find one).

Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2016
I tried that and the 'use' icon doesn't appear as an option; just Give, Trash and Move. I even tried rare candies to see if they evolve at a high level but nothing works.

d4rk

Oh my Arceus!
Years
Then, my good lord, we appear to be screwed at this point. Let's wait for walnut3072's answer ^^

Or else, Pokegen is the easy way

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2016
I did Pokegen turning them both into a Magmortar and Kingdra but for some weird reason when I restart the game. My game save doesnt load up and its starts up as a new game. I give up! I will just have to wait for a reply from walnut3072.

walnut3072

Quan
Years
As I've said in the first post, SunGold doesn't carry the changes (such as evolution methods, events) from Drayano's hack. Only MoonSilver has all those changes.
That means, in SunGold, some pkm have to be traded to evolve, like in the official games.
Sorry for not saying this more clearly in the first post.

d4rk

Oh my Arceus!
Years
It is okay walnut.

I should have read it correctly as well ^^

My team now consists of Masquerain, Geodude, Spearow, Gulpin, Poochyena (lv.22). Next type should be a Fighting-type or a Fairy-type, if I find something suitable. I hope I will find a Snubbull somewhere cause it is so hyped. I just finished 2nd gym. I took the challenge of using UU pokemon that have types I don't use really often (my standard team being Fire, Electric, Water, Grass, Ground, Psy most often). So far I am happy with your Ambrosia move, it is handy with its priority :) not so much to say for the rest of my team, I can't wait to have the other evolved forms ^^

I will hack my Graveler so it can evolve without trade cause I don't know how to proceed (or maybe someone wanna try a trade with me, what do you think Levy_Jxtreme? I play on R4).

I will give MoonSilver a try with more aggressive Pokemon like Charizard or Metagross, but first I want to finish SunGold ;)

Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2016
My bad didn't see that part in the post -_-'. @d4rk I play on PC so I am not sure if trade is possible. I just have to continue with just magma and maybe replace seadra, because I really wanted kingdra.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 8, 2016
What do you use to open the file after you patch it, i used two ds emulators but one says it doesnt read the files and the over one plays music but doesn't show the game

Years
Just a heads up, keep encountering magikarps that have poweruppunch, don't see that on the list of changes so might want to look into it. (moonsilver)

Back