• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Pokemon "Mamanbō" Revealed on Oha Suta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
Did I say anything about bidoof? No, I didn't. I already know bidoof is the already existing Generation IV annoyance. I'm more of speaking on the terms of Zubat and Golbat and Tentacool/tentacruel.

Bidoof was a new generation of annoyances, but it got more hate than any of the other generic pokemon for no reason. There isn't anything saying that the other generic pokemon will be less despised among the fans just because it's a new experience.

Hey Bidoof and evo were useful! Don't offend it by calling it crap :(...

I wasn't talking about it's usefulness, I was talking about how it was hated among everyone despite it being a new generation of annoyances.

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
To be honest, Bidoof also had it's fair share of fans, too. Bibarel isn't half bad if someone actually gave it a chance, but sadly, it's such an underrated Pokemon that no one actually bothers. I'm not disagreeing with you with the fact that the new gen's bidoof/annoyance isn't going to get it's fair share of haters, I'm not saying that, I'm saying that I'd rather see something new rather than see the same annoyance over and over again.

Who knows? Maybe it'll grow on the most of us.

yes every generation theres a new annoyance whether its rattata or bidoof (my money is on minezumi to be this generations btw) but its the recurring annoyances like zubat, geodude etc that annoy the most amount of people..

and he bidoof and bibarel make the best hm slaves ever!!

Years
Mamanbōlooks like a Luvdisc evolution. Hopefully it will be powerful because its looks annoyed and wants to beat up on the opposition.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
Years
Bidoof was a new generation of annoyances, but it got more hate than any of the other generic pokemon for no reason. There isn't anything saying that the other generic pokemon will be less despised among the fans just because it's a new experience.

I wasn't talking about it's usefulness, I was talking about how it was hated among everyone despite it being a new generation of annoyances.

I dont know anyone that hates Bidoof. Most people I know love him for being the best HM slave ever.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I don't really like it, but it is an obvious evolution for luvdisc.

fishyfins

Reality Sculptor
Years
Yeah, first thought i had was that its a luvdisc evolution. kinda cool to have one. i hope its english name is Adorocean ^^

TwinkleClefable

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star~
Years
It's English name will probably start with 'L' like Luvaladisc. =D

I don't use Luvdisc much, but it's deff a cute pokemon, i don't know how this new evoloution randomly got wings though. :/ Maybe they are fins?

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
Years
It's English name will probably start with 'L' like Luvaladisc. =D

I don't use Luvdisc much, but it's deff a cute pokemon, i don't know how this new evoloution randomly got wings though. :/ Maybe they are fins?

mola2.jpg

Mamanbo means mother sunfish. The above picture is a sunfish.

Bay

Years
I fixed your post for you...no charge loliwin (Name sounds so dirty o.o)
Er, not a good idea to do that. It's his opinion if he likes that Pokemon or not, you should respect that, not change it. :/ Besides, many other people said they like the Pokemon and also thought Luvdisc needed an evolution too, so yeah.

Last edited:

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 28, 2011
Er, not a good idea to do that. It's her opinion if she likes that Pokemon or not, you should respect that, not change it. :/ Besides, many other people said they like the Pokemon and also thought Luvdisc needed an evolution too, so yeah.

Here you go I though this might help you...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
i hope its english name is Adorocean ^^

This one and the other fan-made name mentioned within this thread at some point are names I'd be fine with, though Luvdisc is shaped like a disc sort of, so sadly I think the second part would have more to do with its appearance. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back