• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Cliffside Hut

Status
Not open for further replies.

moments.

quixotic
Years

Salutations

Welcome to a shop where you get to be the mules which feed me motivation to keep on making graphics and whatnot. Note the title of this thread though, "The Cliffside Hut", last time I had a shop, I ended up hating my pieces because I was trying to force myself to do well with a lot of stocks that really do not suit my styles at all, or were lacking in the quality field. That's why the hut is on the cliff, I am going to be, some would say too harsh when accepting requests, or, I am going to be twisting and morphing your requests to fit my style. Just a heads up, I have full intention of experimenting with my graphics from now, so if you don't like what I make you, please tell me, and please don't be turned off from requesting. Tell me what you don't like and I will redo it for you in a different style.

I will be doing both icons and tags because I want to expand in all areas, but note that there are different forms required for each.

Terms and Conditions

★ Obey the following rules or your request will be rejected straight off the bat.
★ Please post high quality stocks only. This is the particular area I will be harshest in.
★ I tend to work better with real life stocks, so while you can give me anime/cartoon images to work with, you will likely get a better result if you do not.
★ Use the appropriate form found below for either tags or icons. I will reject your request if you don't follow the form.
★ If I make you a piece, please do use it... And only at PokeCommunity please. If you want to use it elsewhere, just double check with me first.
★ Don't be afraid to tell me you don't like what I've made you. I realize I make stuff that isn't always typical PC expected stuff, so if you aren't happy with a request, I'll try and make you happy, but I can't know if you don't tell me.
★ There isn't going to be a number of slots, but if it gets a little bogged down with requests, please be patient and don't keep asking when I'm going to be done. I should post and let you know if I'm running behind, but don't start harping on because you didn't get it straight away.
★ You must provide credit with any tag or icon used, and please only use what you request, don't use art made for other people.​

Examples

david.png
lick.png

bob.png

gargoyle.png
emmasign.png
mattlewis.png
solemnlyswear.png
hogwarts.png

Form

TAG
Stock:
Size:
Text (if any):
Other:

ICON
Stock:
Text (if any):
How Many:
(You can request up to four icons at a time, just provide multiple links in the stock section.)

Also just note, you can leave things like sizing up to me which I can probably use to suit the stock better.

LUCKY DIPS!

Because of my obvious weakness at performing at my usual level on requests, I am letting you have the option of a lucky dip. If you want a tag but don't have a particular stock in mind, just put a post saying "LUCKY DIP" and if you so please, include some words for me to use as stimulus if you have any particulars you would like, (like you want a girl focal, or the colour blue) otherwise you can leave it all to me and I'll just make something and you can have it. The more freedom I have, generally the better I do!

Also, if you choose this option, please don't bypass the 25 character limit / 4 words. Give me some stimulus, or leave a comment on the examples or anything else related. Yeah, don't just post "LUCKY DIP" and leave it at that.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
Not requesting right now, but I just want to drop by and say that your examples are awesome to say the least. I'll drop by another day to request ;)

Last edited:

moments.

quixotic
Years
TAG
Stock: here
Size: Your choice
Text (if any): n/a
Other: Make it pretty :D?

Man getting back into doing requests was harder than expected... :P
If you think the colours look funky, let me know and I can have another fiddle. I did like 30 layers of colour adjustments alone 'cause it just wouldn't look like I was imagining... I decided to settle on that, but if you think they look funky, I am more than happy to go back and do some tweaks and try get it looking a bit nicer. But yes, here we go!

twilightbladenotxt.png

twilightblade.png

Not requesting right now, but I just want to drop by and say that your examples are awesome to say the least. I'll drop by another day to request ;)
Well thank you kind sir! :D

Also, because of my obvious weakness at performing at my usual level on requests, I am opening a super special request form. If you want a tag but don't have a particular stock in mind, you can just ask for a tag without posting a specific link to a stock, and if you want, you can give some specifics (like you want a girl focal, or the colour blue or nothing at all) and I can whip you up something that will likely be a better standard just because the more freedom I have, the better I do.

So yeah, if you want one of those super special, lucky dip pieces, just put a post saying "LUCKY DIP" and if you so please, include some words for me to use as stimulus if you have any particulars you would like, otherwise you can leave it all to me and I'll just make something and you can have it. :D

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I wanna try out this lucky dip thing it seems fun.

Teal, green, irl stock, serif

I wonder if you could churn out something with that, or are inspired by that. I'm interested to see your work. Thanks in advance anyway.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
The lucky dip has intrigued me. That and I want to put a tag in my sig, if you don't mind making me one (you'll get credit). I hope I wrote everything out properly...

TAG
Stock: LUCKY DIP!
Size: Whatever makes you more comfortable.
Text (if any): I don't have any in mind. But if you think you can fit something inspirational in it it would be appreciated.
Other:
I tend to like anime based things. I know you said you excel at real life ones, but I only like specific things from real life - picky, I know - and I don't to be too much of a pain. So just anime or cartoon will be fine (female preferred).

--

That's it. I hope that makes sense and is in order. And because it is fun to say: LUCKY DIP

moments.

quixotic
Years
I wanna try out this lucky dip thing it seems fun.

Teal, green, irl stock, serif

I wonder if you could churn out something with that, or are inspired by that. I'm interested to see your work. Thanks in advance anyway.
Believe it or not, simply finding a cool stock with a bit of teal in it in my stock collection set me off on a pretty exciting idea. Hopefully I can pull off the idea in my head. :D So you're accepted.

The lucky dip has intrigued me. That and I want to put a tag in my sig, if you don't mind making me one (you'll get credit). I hope I wrote everything out properly...

TAG
Stock: LUCKY DIP!
Size: Whatever makes you more comfortable.
Text (if any): I don't have any in mind. But if you think you can fit something inspirational in it it would be appreciated.
Other:
I tend to like anime based things. I know you said you excel at real life ones, but I only like specific things from real life - picky, I know - and I don't to be too much of a pain. So just anime or cartoon will be fine (female preferred).

That's it. I hope that makes sense and is in order. And because it is fun to say: LUCKY DIP
Anime I can work with, because the number of different shows / sources for anime / cartoon stocks is so great, unless you want to specify a show or something, I've got some random assorted stocks I can use if you are happy with just whatever I've got from all different places.
You're accepted too!

If nobody posts in the time it takes me to finish, I will just edit this post and send you a VM when they are done. Thanks guys!

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
'Lucky dip."

- Harry Potter.
- Magical
- Preferably no darkness or black but rather the whimsical, exciting aspect of the franchise.

Thanks, I've seen some of your graphics and they are pretty amazing, especially the Harry Potter icons so I thought I might try it out. Plus of course I'm such a brave bass-turd. ;)

Could I get a tag with a icon of 150 x 150 from the tag itself? Or is that asking to much? :)
Stock: ""
Size: Anything you like, just not toooooo big, if you get the gist.
Text (if any): Nope... probably anything you think is approporate tbh; I don't really mind.
Other: That is all.

moments.

quixotic
Years
'Lucky dip."

- Harry Potter.
- Magical
- Preferably no darkness or black but rather the whimsical, exciting aspect of the franchise.

Thanks, I've seen some of your graphics and they are pretty amazing, especially the Harry Potter icons so I thought I might try it out. Plus of course I'm such a brave bass-turd. ;)

Could I get a tag with a icon of 150 x 150 from the tag itself? Or is that asking to much? :)
Stock: ""
Size: Anything you like, just not toooooo big, if you get the gist.
Text (if any): Nope... probably anything you think is approporate tbh; I don't really mind.
Other: That is all.
'Tis not asking too much, it might not be cropped directly from the tag cause I'm not sure what dimensions I'll work with and I should be able to make the icon better if I go from scratch, but I will make the icon match the tag if you know what I mean. ;)

@Alternative, your request is done! i told you all I work better with more freedom.

alternative.png

The other requests I shall try and do tomorrow day, otherwise I'll have them by tomorrow night!

Thanks guys!

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Man getting back into doing requests was harder than expected... :P
If you think the colours look funky, let me know and I can have another fiddle. I did like 30 layers of colour adjustments alone 'cause it just wouldn't look like I was imagining... I decided to settle on that, but if you think they look funky, I am more than happy to go back and do some tweaks and try get it looking a bit nicer. But yes, here we go!

twilightbladenotxt.png

twilightblade.png

This is very lovely! Don't beat yourself up so much. I love how you executed the background. The colors work, so hoorah for doing 30 layers to get to this end result! ^^
Although the text itself is nice, I didn't quite have that word in mind. :P

moments.

quixotic
Years
@Impo: I'm actually fairly happy with yours considering I tend to avoid Anime stocks, but yeah, hope you like it!
impo.png

imponoborder.png

(With or without a border for you to decide).

@Curious:
Your request was surprisingly difficult. Of all the Harry Potter images on the internet, 90% are all the dark and gloomy ones, 6% are of the actors not in the film, and 3% are too low quality / too small to work with.
Hope this one is ok!

curiousicon-1.png

traditional.png

@Artemis: I can do that one for you, but because your text is your name / title and doesn't actually give me anything to work with, I can fashion you something that I think sort of fits, but if you want to make your request a little more specific (cartoon/real life stock, a particular colour, a theme [dark, happy]) then I'll give you the chance to do so, so you get something you will like more rather than me trying to guess at things you like.

Remember to give credit everyone!
Thanks for requesting guys! Keep bringing on these lucky dips! :D

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
@Artemis: I can do that one for you, but because your text is your name / title and doesn't actually give me anything to work with, I can fashion you something that I think sort of fits, but if you want to make your request a little more specific (cartoon/real life stock, a particular colour, a theme [dark, happy]) then I'll give you the chance to do so, so you get something you will like more rather than me trying to guess at things you like.

Remember to give credit everyone!
Thanks for requesting guys! Keep bringing on these lucky dips! :D
If I may help out with this, Artemis is also considered a greek deity, or the greek god of the wilderness. You could probably me inspired by anything wild and in greek mythology if that helps.

But I should thank you for the piece you made me. It's very nice, and just as a general comment, your latest pieces have been really great.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
That is bloody brilliant! Thankyou so much, you're definately my number 1 artist, love the colours, love the scene love the avatar; in simpler turns I love it all.

I shall be putting aside my current theme! ;D

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Thanks so much, I love my tag!
It will grace my sig for a while, thanks again!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
Lucky Dip! :D

-Stock- (Any stock of T.O.P from BIGBANG)
-Words- Fit in whatever you think works, (And can you make a textless version?)
-Other- Can I have a 150x150 icon of it as well? Thanks!
-Size- 450 x 185 (or 175)
I hope this will be enough :D

Last edited:

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
...I feel bad about posting for another request, and I really do appreciate the effort you made with my other request, but could I pretty please ask for another one?

TAG
Stock: Demi Lovato
Size: One you find easiest for you
Text (if any):
Go on and try to tear me down, I will be rising from the ground
Other: Inspirational, or some sort of emotion, if that makes sense (if it doesn't please ignore it)
Could I also get an icon from this?

I feel bad about asking for so much, and I really do appreciate it. Please take your time, thank you again.

moments.

quixotic
Years
Just so people don't get nasty, Impo has sent me a VM asking me about requesting again, and I did oblige only because I don't have too much on / am not swamped at the moment, but generally in the future try to leave at least a week in between requests. If you really want to request before the week is up, feel free to ask me via VM or PM, don't just assume I will and leave a post here, cause chances are I won't do it!

But yes, Impo, I'm thinking that might be way too much text for a tag, unless it is quite small and not very obvious. It will be like mini font, if you'd prefer something that stands out more, you can edit your post and choose something shorter. Like, at max 3-5 words is ideal.

@Artemis: Here we go! Hope that's all good!
ARTEMIS-1.png

In Photoshop it looks fine, but on the browser, the face looks weird... It might just be my monitor, but if you think it looks weird as well, let me know and I'll have a play around.

Other two, I'll start looking for stocks now!

Last edited:

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Just so people don't get nasty, Impo has sent me a VM asking me about requesting again, and I did oblige only because I don't have too much on / am not swamped at the moment, but generally in the future try to leave at least a week in between requests. If you really want to request before the week is up, feel free to ask me via VM or PM, don't just assume I will and leave a post here, cause chances are I won't do it!

But yes, Impo, I'm thinking that might be way too much text for a tag, unless it is quite small and not very obvious. It will be like mini font, if you'd prefer something that stands out more, you can edit your post and choose something shorter. Like, at max 3-5 words is ideal.

...people will get nasty D: ?
Oh, then you can leave out the text if need be.
Again, thanks for doing this!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Hm, deciding is a difficult thing. butbut
I've been admiring your graphics since forever.

ICON
Stock: LUCKY DIP! think sunrise, silhouette and powerful. Manageable?
Text (if any): nah, if you think it fits, put something in somewhere.
How Many: 4. One for avatar and the rest for signature :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back