• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Guitarists

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years

Ultimate Guitarists
Welcome to Ultimate Guitarist, Pokecommunity's very own guitar players club. This club is for anyone who enjoys playing the guitar. While being a part of the club you are encourage to discuss anything guitar related with other members such as techniques and recommendations or reviews on guitars you have played or are interested in.

Rules:
1. Follow all forum and Club rules.
2. No flaming/trolling.
3. Try to keep active!
4. Please respect other members view.
5. Don't put down members and encourage and help out members if they ask for it.
6. Enjoy!

Sign-Up Form
Username:
Reason for joining:
What is your preferred genre to play in:

Members List
CarefulWetPaint
AlexOzzyCake
Controversial?
Jake♫
Archer
Pmarckoue
Penatrait
zephyr6257
NP
LittleSky
SeekerOfDarkness
LightningAlex

User Bars
Spoiler:

Club Topics
Ultimate Guitarist Topic:
What is your most embarrassing moment relating to guitar playing? (Example would be perhaps messing up a live performance or a string snapping at a live performance etc.)

When it comes to acoustic, how do you feel when the guitarist is most talented?

Challenge Tab of the Month:

Spoiler:

Tab of the Month Hall Of Fame!

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Yayayay!

Username: AlexOzzyCake
Reason for joining: I love guitar, it's my life etc etc \o/
What is your preferred genre to play in: Rock!

How do you learn a new song?
Tab! Like 90% of the time I use tab because its just quicker and easier, but sometimes if I want a challenge or can't find a tab I'll learn it by ear. I never use sheet music though, I just find it annoying xD

As for the tab challenge thing, I suggest 2, 4, 6, 8 Motorway by Tom Robinson's Band. It's an easy song to play, but a very hard song to master. It'll be very interesting to see how different people play it :3

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Yayayay!

Username: AlexOzzyCake
Reason for joining: I love guitar, it's my life etc etc \o/
What is your preferred genre to play in: Rock!

How do you learn a new song?
Tab! Like 90% of the time I use tab because its just quicker and easier, but sometimes if I want a challenge or can't find a tab I'll learn it by ear. I never use sheet music though, I just find it annoying xD

As for the tab challenge thing, I suggest 2, 4, 6, 8 Motorway by Tom Robinson's Band. It's an easy song to play, but a very hard song to master. It'll be very interesting to see how different people play it :3

Welcome Alexandra, I shall put you in your proper place as a rock and roll legend!
Playing the guitar is awfully addicting isnt it!

I also prefer to learn my songs by tab as I'm not talented enough and to lazy to be able to learn by ear and when I look as sheet music my brain just says.. WTF?!?!

What is this Motorway Song and why do you like it so much?

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 11, 2020
Username:Controversial?
Reason for joining: I'm more of a singer tbh, but I play guitar as well (:
What is your preferred genre to play in: Rock. DUH. (Punk, mainly)

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Username:Controversial?
Reason for joining: I'm more of a singer tbh, but I play guitar as well (:
What is your preferred genre to play in: Rock. DUH. (Punk, mainly)

Welcome to Ultimate Guitarists! (Do you understand the name :P)

Being a singer is okay as long as you still play the guitar xD.

I have a question for you though, how is Rock duh? My preferred genre is metal!

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Username: Jake♫
Reason for joining: Because I love guitar, derp.
What is your preferred genre to play in: I play mostly acoustic stuff, but I dabble over into electric with some rock and a little blues every now and then.

As for the topic, if I want to learn a new song it's usually by the way of tabs. I really need to train my ear =3

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Username: Jake♫
Reason for joining: Because I love guitar, derp.
What is your preferred genre to play in: I play mostly acoustic stuff, but I dabble over into electric with some rock and a little blues every now and then.

As for the topic, if I want to learn a new song it's usually by the way of tabs. I really need to train my ear =3

Welcome Mr MusicNote! :):)
Derp guitar is very lovable isn't it?? (Maybe you should pair with a guitar)
Ugh I cant put a genre next to you as Acoustic stuff! Can you please be a bit more specific my friend.
Don't worry tabs is the way to go :P. Do you use guitarpro tabs or just text tabs?

Also any suggestion for tab of the month?

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I saved up and bought the Ibanez over the summer, the Les Paul I got for Christmas (yay for cheap deals on eBay apparently!)

Years
Username: Archer
Reason for joining: I've been playing for about 5 years now, and would love to have other people on here to chat about guitar with. :D
What is your preferred genre to play in: I play a bit of everything, but if I had to narrow it down, it would be Rock and Acoustic/Folk.

I propose another question...

What guitar(s) do you have at the moment? What about amps/pickups/strings?

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Username: Archer
Reason for joining: I've been playing for about 5 years now, and would love to have other people on here to chat about guitar with. :D
What is your preferred genre to play in: I play a bit of everything, but if I had to narrow it down, it would be Rock and Acoustic/Folk.

I propose another question...

Welcome!! Another rock player! (Why does no one play metalz)
Do you have a suggestion for tab of the month?

Also I do plan to make that a topic in the future just at this time would rather only have one topic, I'll be changing the topic's every few week but I high encourage discussion on the current topic! :)

I saved up and bought the Ibanez over the summer, the Les Paul I got for Christmas (yay for cheap deals on eBay apparently!)

You're so lucky, my 4 guitars are very cheap ones, probably only worth 1200$ for all of them together :S!
How jealous of you i am for that Les Paul, gawd so sexy!

-Edit-

Tab of the month added! :) You are all therefore challenged.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023

Amps: A Marshall MG100FX for live shows, which I absolutely adore <3 And a smaller practice amp that I used to have when I first started but I don't remember what that is :3
Guitars: I have 3 acoustics, all of which were gifts so I have no idea on models, but my favourite is a glossy black one with steel strings; it sounds like an acoustic dream <3 And electric wise I have the classic starter that everyone has, a couple others, and my favourite shining beauty an Ibanez SA260FM in Lavender <3

Tab of the month added! :) You are all therefore challenged.

Hahaha this tab is the best. So far I've only played the intro but it sounds spot on so far! Can't wait to try out the rest x]

Years
Challenge accepted. Although I do have a few assignments this week, so I might not have anything up until the weekend.

Oh, in terms of recording videos, what do other people use? My laptop's webcam is rubbish and I doubt my digicam is much better. For sound, I'm ordering EDIT: I've ordered an XLR-USB adapter and hooking up a Shure PG58. :D

Last edited:

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years

Hahaha this tab is the best. So far I've only played the intro but it sounds spot on so far! Can't wait to try out the rest x]

I just played through it all and it sounded pretty spot on to me :)
Its quite easy to learn just a lil tricky to get the timing perfect so i think that makes for a perfect first challenge tab don't you?

Challenge accepted. Although I do have a few assignments this week, so I might not have anything up until the weekend.

Oh, in terms of recording videos, what do other people use? My laptop's webcam is rubbish and I doubt my digicam is much better. For sound, I'm ordering EDIT: I've ordered an XLR-USB adapter and hooking up a Shure PG58. :D

As for recording, oh god. I'm not 100% sure if I'll record this but if I do I'll probably use a webcam/ handheld videocamera thingo if i do video and my little recording thingo thats name escapes me. (Its a boss recorder I believe, its handheld and small >.>)

I will NOT be posting my attempt first though! Its up to everyone else and I'll put mine up last haha!

Oh and my amps.

I have a Roland Cube 15x practice amp and a 100 watt Fender Frontman212R for when i play with other people/ drummers xD.

Back