• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Research: NDS-Style Pre-Battle Mugshots

Derlo

Tired....
Years
'Animated bar...tileset...'

You're talking about the tileset used for the VS. backgrounds, right? I was looking for that thing!

This is very useful, and will goes a ways in helping refine this. Thanks again!

I found it:
083fac34 = Raw
080d2950 = Pointer to Raw

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
Years
I have a question to you @Derlo
How I do to make a animation like HGSS? I only need one bar, no two, display only the rival mugshot and the "vs" text and put the bar in the middle of the screen.

Derlo

Tired....
Years
First of all, add the two routines. [Jambo51's Pre-Battle hack Mugshot & NDS-Style Pre-Battle Mugshots]

Then use the offsets I posted previously to align the height of the two sprites and their size.

Finally just edit Tileset / TileMap ('ve posted the offsets) bars (2 are in one image) for the model that you like, edit the palettes and you're done.
uijeQv.jpg

I could do this, is not how I want ... but an advance:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GSZsogr94E

Years
Geez you make it sound easy haha,
I got it so far but I was curious, is there a way to animate the opponents sprite?

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
Years
First of all, add the two routines. [Jambo51's Pre-Battle hack Mugshot & NDS-Style Pre-Battle Mugshots]

Then use the offsets I posted previously to align the height of the two sprites and their size.

Finally just edit Tileset / TileMap ('ve posted the offsets) bars (2 are in one image) for the model that you like, edit the palettes and you're done.
uijeQv.jpg

I could do this, is not how I want ... but an advance:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GSZsogr94E

Yes, yes, I have already inserted the routine and this hack.
But I have more questions.
What is the size of the RAW? (e.g. the worldmap raw size is 240x160, the titlescreen raw size is 256x160...)
Is possible stop the animation?
What pallet slot of the VRAM use the RAW?
Why I make very much questions?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 26, 2015
[/s]

If you're talking about the 'sprite movement' animation, it IS possible to have the sprites remain frozen in place. Unfortunately, using my current method, it takes a bit of trial and error depending on the starting position. I'm working on it!

I have a question to you @Derlo
How I do to make a animation like HGSS? I only need one bar, no two, display only the rival mugshot and the "vs" text and put the bar in the middle of the screen.

Like Derlo said, load and edit the RAW tileset, so only one bar appears in the center like you want. I plan on doing something similar to make only one bar appear in the upper half of the screen, as per traditional mugshots.

We can't have an animation exactly like HGSS at the moment, in fact, the only animation under the current hack is the default sprite movement and the background scrolling. Animation is likely to be something I'll leave for someone else to do. I'll be happy if I can get the full mugshots working properly, and possibly with the VS as well.

Geez you make it sound easy haha,
I got it so far but I was curious, is there a way to animate the opponents sprite?

Unless you're talking about the default movement, no there's not.

At some point, I'm going to edit the tutorial to make it easier to understand. I'm aware it assumes a LOT from the reader, but this IS R&D.

Last edited:

Derlo

Tired....
Years
Yes, yes, I have already inserted the routine and this hack.
But I have more questions.
What is the size of the RAW? (e.g. the worldmap raw size is 240x160, the titlescreen raw size is 256x160...)
What pallet slot of the VRAM use the RAW?
Why I make very much questions?

1- 30x20 in NTME2;
2- If you are talking about the bars ... I do not know. Actually, not tried that.
3- the last pallet of BAckground, the same of textbox.

There's something about the palettes.
The routine divides the space in the slot to the PLAYER and the opponent pallets.
The color of the bottom bar, depends on the choice between Boy or Girl.
Ie: two palettes are loaded in the same slot. And the palette of the player has only half the colors.
To load only the palette of Jambo's tutorial. Must make the following modification:
in 080d28ec (0x0c) = Place 0x00 to load only one palette in the slot.
So you can use all the colors of the palette regardless of the genre of the player.

Lance32497

LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts
Years
Sorry for being noob, what do yah mean create new table?

I dont understand this:
Find and copy the Trainer sprite pointer table
(08023957C) and the Trainer palette pointer
table (080239A1C) to free space in your ROM.

How can I repoint it if I dont know the ending offset of Trainer sprite and palette offset? and 0823957C is equal to 23957C?

Back