• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: General Questions & Answers Thread

Have you ever found a shiny?

• Yes

Votes: 30 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Yes, but I lost it!

Votes: 14 23.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
Years
Since you bought a Nintendo 3DS, your possibilities are (almost) endless. You can play games anywhere from Pokemon FireRed to Pokemon White 2.

In fact, the new sequel to the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series, PMD: Gates of Infinity, would be great for you to get more of an idea of how Pokemon works, all while enjoying great 3D graphics.

If you are fairly nostalgic, the Generation III games: FireRed, LeafGreen, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald are playable via the Dual Slot.

If you have a very significant amount of time, I would recommend purchasing a Generation III game to complement your Pearl, as well as Black 2 or White 2.

Then again, any Pokemon game is amazing.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
If you are fairly nostalgic, the Generation III games: FireRed, LeafGreen, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald are playable via the Dual Slot.

There's no GBA slot on the 3DS unfortunately, so his gaming choices are only going to be gen IV and V, and VI in October of course.

Anyway, like it's been said, starting with Black and White and moving to Black 2 or White 2 would be good, though I know a lot of people that didn't enjoy BW as much as BW2 after its release. If you're not one to care about the plot of a game, then I think you'd be fine skipping to Black/White 2, but if you do care about plot continuity, play BW first then BW2.

Also, if ever you decide to return to Sinnoh, the region in Pearl, after you play gen V games...I recommend picking up Platinum. Diamond and Pearl run horrendously slow and are vastly inferior to Platinum in the eyes of most Pokemon fans.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
BW and GameBoy games are not compatible. Game Boy Advance games are somewhat compatible with BW and BW2 though, as you can transfer Pokemon from GBA games to 4th Gen games and then onward to 5th gen. BW is not available for playing on a GB emulator. There may be a hack of it, however I wouldn't know. If you want to find one, you should look through ROM Hacking. But I don't think there's one out.

You can find GameBoy and DS emulators though to play their respective games. Just Google them.

edit: I might have misunderstood. If you meant black and white GameBoys, you'll have to Google an emulator. I know I've seen people using them, though I'm not sure of the name. Usually people would type that out instead of saying BW especially when there are games with that acronym, so just keep that in mind for next time so people can know what you're talking about lol. I'm still not totally sure what you're asking to tell you the truth. :x

Last edited:

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
What are the games that come out with the old B&W Game Boys?

And are there any B&W Game Boy emulators out there, I want to play some.

That'd be Red, Green (in Japan), Blue, and Yellow. If you count the Gameboy Color, you also have Gold, Silver, and Crystal.

I know we can't share ROMs and what not, but I can list emulators here right? The two better ones would be Visual Boy Advance and No$GBA.

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu

Yep, that's me
Years
Hey, just wondering is someone could post just one reply to 3 questions:

What are these numbers for on the DS games that a assigned to Pokemon I see in members SIG's (xxxx.xxxx.xxxx)?

How do I get one?

And how do I get Pokemon eggs?

Thanks a lot!

Years
Hey, just wondering is someone could post just one reply to 3 questions:

What are these numbers for on the DS games that a assigned to Pokemon I see in members SIG's (xxxx.xxxx.xxxx)?

How do I get one?

And how do I get Pokemon eggs?

Thanks a lot!

You might be talking about Friend Codes. It's a 12-digit number assigned to you when you first log in to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. Here's some information courtesy of Bulbapedia:

Each Friend Code differs between games, to make each game have a separate 'identity'. To prevent identity theft, Friend Codes, along with the Wi-Fi ID on a DS, are reset when Wi-Fi Connection is used on another DS. Wi-Fi information can be transferred in the case of replacing an old DS. After registering each other's friend codes, the two people can communicate with each other from any location in the world that has internet. Players with Friend Codes usually have more liberties than players without Friend Codes, some Friend Code exclusive rights being voice chat and co-op play.

The games will not accept all Friend Codes manually entered into the Pal Pad and will display that "The Friend Code is wrong" if a code (i.e. 0000 0000 0000) is not valid.

To register another player's Friend Code, both recipient and transmitter must manually type the other's code in their Pal Pad. This process was created in order to preserve each player's identity and privacy from a person who has the code of the other, but not vice-versa.

An alternative way for registering another's Friend Code, in Pokémon games for the Nintendo DS, the two players can register each other after meeting someone in the Union Room.
And to breed eggs, you need to breed two Pokemon of the opposite gender that share an egg group at any Day Care facility. However, any Pokemon that isn't in the No Eggs group can also breed with Ditto.

You can look on sites like Serebii and Bulbapedia to find out which Pokemon belongs to which Egg Group.

Hope that helped you out!

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
Adding on to what RNC has said, I also recommend you keep a Pokemon with the ability Flame Body in your party while you hatch eggs. It will cut the amount of steps you have to walk in half.

Also another note is that different Pokemon have a different amount of steps you need to walk, so it varies. Some will hatch quickly (like Magikarp) and some will take a little longer to hatch (Dratini).

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Like a breeding guide? I don't know of any particular threads on them. But they may be in the FAQs. So if you're breeding in gen V, check the FAQ in Fifth Generation Gaming. And likewise with any other gen you may be breeding in.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
I can't download any of the bonus content on Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity. I keep getting,"An error has ocurred. Please try again later." And it's not my net. My net when I checked is connected just fine. I don't get what the problem could be.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I can't download any of the bonus content on Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity. I keep getting,"An error has ocurred. Please try again later." And it's not my net. My net when I checked is connected just fine. I don't get what the problem could be.
Do you have the money to buy them?
Maybe that's where the problem lies?

Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2013
Some Questions

I haven't really played any Pokemon games except a little of Sapphire, and I probably won't soon, but I have some questions about them.

1. In Black/White 2, how many pokemon are you able to catch? Not like how many are in the game, but how many you can have in storage and such. Is there a limit to how many pokemon you can have?

2. Can you transfer pokemon from Black/White 2 back to 1? Any ones you can't if you can most others?

3. Is it possible to obtain every pokemon, and transfer them all to Black/White(2)? Or if not EVERY pokemon, all from gen 3 through gen 5.
(this probably wouldn't be possible if there is like a pokemon limit smaller than how many pokemon exist, but that's why I'm here to ask : D. Maybe if there's a limit you could have them stored in Black, White, B2, W2.)

4. Are there any games through gen 3-5 where you could obtain all the pokemon available in it in another one. Such as(this is just an example, I know nothing about what pokemon are in the games) ALL the pokemon from Ruby being obtainable in one of the other gen 3-5 games.

5. Are there any pokemon that are say, in gen 3 and gen 4 or 5 games that are the same pokemon but different stats?

I ask these because if I ever got into the games, I'd be one to collect pokemon, and I'd want to catch 'em all, lol. I used to not want to play them because I thought you could only have the pokemon from that game or generation, then I found out you could transfer them between each other and even back from gen 3 games to gen 5(through gen 4). And for question 4, I wouldn't want to buy whatever one of the games if you could catch all the pokemon in it in another game.

Thank you.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
1. There are 300 Pokémon in the Unova Dex. You can store up to 720 Pokémon in the PC.

2. Yes.

3. Through time and dedication, yes. You're still better off trading with other people; we have a trade forum for that, or even the Global Terminal in-game.

4. I don't understand the question.

5. Yes. Deoxys, Shaymin, Kyurem, Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus and Meloetta have different formes with their own set of base stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back