• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Well thanks, But how do i open the bookmark file? and what is the offset of Leafs back sprite in tile molester alternative?
Once you load NSE, go to Options > Bookmarks > View Bookmarks. In Back Sprites header open the + sign and choose Heroine, and at the bottom left corner choose Open and edit her sprite(s).

jota_rdk

Spanish hacker [Javi4315]
Years
Hey, I am searching the credits screen in unzl (fire red) but I can't find it. someone know where is the credits screen? (The direction xD) This is so I want:
creditosh.png

I hope you can help me. Greetings!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Years
cool thanks destiny demon i had another question if anyone can help me. does anyone know how to put the test from resue rangers in a hack, but instaed of u being that pokemon i want it to be my starter. any ideas how to do that

i had abother question if anyone can help me. does anyone know how to put the test from resue rangers in a hack, but instaed of u being that pokemon i want it to be my starter. any ideas how to do that

Last edited:

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
cool thanks destiny demon i had another question if anyone can help me. does anyone know how to put the test from resue rangers in a hack, but instaed of u being that pokemon i want it to be my starter. any ideas how to do that

i had abother question if anyone can help me. does anyone know how to put the test from resue rangers in a hack, but instaed of u being that pokemon i want it to be my starter. any ideas how to do that

I suppose you can do it using a very large/elaborate script using variables. As a matter of fact it shouldn't be all that difficult at all. Knowing how to script is obviously a must for this.

Years
How can I make it so a pokemon like Slowbro can evolve into Slowking wihout trading? I wanted to have it so he can use the King's Rock. However the item evolution in YAPE will only let me use the evolution stones. I can't use the level evolution as that would clash with Slowbro's evolution. I could use something else like with Tyrogue's or Wurmple's branched evolution but I would prefer it so he would have the King's Rock to evolve. Likewise with Scyther with Metal Coat and Porygon with Upgrade, etc.

Also, is there a breeding editor I can use so I can have Nidorina/Nidorino (I'm not sure which) breed as in the games, it can't. Same with certain legendaries.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
How can I make it so a pokemon like Slowbro can evolve into Slowking wihout trading? I wanted to have it so he can use the King's Rock. However the item evolution in YAPE will only let me use the evolution stones. I can't use the level evolution as that would clash with Slowbro's evolution. I could use something else like with Tyrogue's or Wurmple's branched evolution but I would prefer it so he would have the King's Rock to evolve. Likewise with Scyther with Metal Coat and Porygon with Upgrade, etc.

Also, is there a breeding editor I can use so I can have Nidorina/Nidorino (I'm not sure which) breed as in the games, it can't. Same with certain legendaries.

I'm sure there is a Pokémon Editor in the Toolbox that will be able to help you with something like that. You should try out every Pokémon editor for the 3rd generation. I'm sure one of them might be able to change the requirement for the evolution and allowing you to changing it to level up and the level that you'd want it to evolve at and all that.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2014
In Generation 4, can I replace the different types of Unown with Pokemon? For example, can I get rid of Unown "B" and replace it Zoroark? Same goes for Arceus, Wormadam, Deoxys, Rotom etc. I don't need to give them individual pokedex entries, but can I have them be used by in game trainers? I'd like to make a hack that gives the illusion on having more than 493 pokemon, and having 27 spots or 17 spots open would be nice.

How can I make it so a pokemon like Slowbro can evolve into Slowking wihout trading?

Why not use the Water Stone.

No, Pokemons with levels over 100 are not possible in GIII and later. And I don't think it's possible in any Generation, unless the Pokemon is obtained with codes, or it's a glitch.

But can I give an in game trainer a level 200 pikachu? I played a GSC hack where a trainer had a level 169 alakazam, but could I do that in Gen III or later?

Last edited:

Platinum Lucario

Years
In Generation 4, can I replace the different types of Unown with Pokemon? For example, can I get rid of Unown "B" and replace it Zoroark? Same goes for Arceus, Wormadam, Deoxys, Rotom etc. I don't need to give them individual pokedex entries, but can I have them be used by in game trainers? I'd like to make a hack that gives the illusion on having more than 493 pokemon, and having 27 spots or 17 spots open would be nice.

Oh yes, definately! You can use a Pokémon sprite editor in the Toolbox, and then look in the Tutorials forum to know how to use the program. Or you can download unLZ GBA to edit the sprites as well. ;)

And... as for editing the ability and putting in the sort that works just like illusion would require hex editing, which would be complicated if you don't know how to hex edit.

Humm96

Fly little Mockingjay!
Years
trainer sprites :/

im making a hack on my own and i cant find out how to insert trainer sprites in. i use advanced pkmn editor for the pokemon ssprites but i cant find any trainers. if you could tell me how i would love it :) its a pokemon ruby hack by the way.

Platinum Lucario

Years

You can find the backsprite somewhere in unLZ GBA, I'm sure someone might already know what the number is and tell you what the number is, but I am possitive that it is somewhere, if you keep looking with it set to 16 colours, then you might be able to find one that has parts of a backsprite, when you find something like that... then I'm sure that would be it.

Orinjmate

The Orinj of the Mate
Years
Okay so this is what I'm confused about... I have used Chaos Rush's Emerald clean-up patch by the way.
I have this script
Spoiler:
And when I step on it the game just freezes except for the music... I've compiled it onto several different offsets and tested them and yet the game still freezes... Also; I've barely started this new hack and this is roughly the third script I've inserted into the game, and now it won't let me compile any more scripts because XSE just comes up with an error saying there's no free space left even though there should be absolutely loads because I have barely put in any scripts and I also used a clean-up patch :S. WHY!?

Platinum Lucario

Years
Okay so this is what I'm confused about... I have used Chaos Rush's Emerald clean-up patch by the way.
I have this script
Spoiler:
And when I step on it the game just freezes except for the music... I've compiled it onto several different offsets and tested them and yet the game still freezes... Also; I've barely started this new hack and this is roughly the third script I've inserted into the game, and now it won't let me compile any more scripts because XSE just comes up with an error saying there's no free space left even though there should be absolutely loads because I have barely put in any scripts and I also used a clean-up patch :S. WHY!?

Ah! Now here's the problem. You're using different characters other than A-F and 0-9. I've bolded the different characters that are supposed to be normal letters, just so that you'll know. ;)

Also... here's a suggestion, make sure the language bar is set to English (United States).

eperty234

Backsprite Noob
Years
You can find the backsprite somewhere in unLZ GBA, I'm sure someone might already know what the number is and tell you what the number is, but I am possitive that it is somewhere, if you keep looking with it set to 16 colours, then you might be able to find one that has parts of a backsprite, when you find something like that... then I'm sure that would be it.

Well, it takes too long and there's nothing. FR haves sprite mistakes I think.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years

GRRAAGHHG!
YES, IT IS THERE.
I've done it myself 15 times, go to the toolbox, better yet, here is a link;

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=205687

Scroll to the bottom of Post #1, and click the download link to get NSE.

UNZIP IT, AND OPEN THE NSE.EXE FILE.

OPEN THE FIRE RED ROM

CLICK "OPTIONS"
Click "Bookmarks"
Click "View Bookmarks"

In the new window that pops up, click "Back Sprites"
Click "Heroine"
OPEN

Congratulations you've followed directions correctly and have opened the heroine in NSE, ready for editing.

Yes this works, YES she is there, NO, nothing else is needed to edit her, you can even import and export the images.

No you can not, the backsprites of the Hero, the Heroine, the Old man, and the Teachy TV dude are not LZ77 compressed, unLZgba wouldn't even see them.

Last edited:

Orinjmate

The Orinj of the Mate
Years
Ah! Now here's the problem. You're using different characters other than A-F and 0-9. I've bolded the different characters that are supposed to be normal letters, just so that you'll know. ;)

Also... here's a suggestion, make sure the language bar is set to English (United States).
Nope, that isn't why. Before I compiled it on XSE it was just c\h01\h07 and c\h01\h01

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back