• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does anyone else try to play through pokemon games with their favorite pokemon?

Empoleon671

不要
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 19, 2023
Something like an ace i suppose. I currently trying to play through all future pokemon games while using Piplup.

i think i saw a LP'er do it with his playthroughs but forgot his name haha.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
Years
Since this is moreso talking about the games themselves, I've moved this to the Pokémon Gaming Central!

I have played through countless games using Scrafty whether it's a solo run, a casual playthrough, and even have an army of them throughout the generations. Even if I do not end up using it for story (new generations I just prefer using the newest batch), I'll still find someway to use it in stuff like a battle facility or maybe a new run. Funnily enough, I've used it twice before it became my favourite Pokémon.

Using an unevolved Pokémon for runs would be interesting and I have heard stories of various others using them and I too watched some people using them as well.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Yes, I definitely have. I went out of my way to get an Eiscue in Shield. I've used Vulpix multiple times, and will always try to pick Treecko at least once when I play the Hoenn games.

When BD/SP come out, I'll definitely use a Sneasel, too, since I love Sneasel.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Online now
I try not to reuse things too much, but I'm biased and end up repeating my teams often.

I commonly use Crobat, Slaking, and Lanturn.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
I actually try to allways prioritize Pokémon I've never "used" before (I mean that were not part of my definitive team, even if they may have been there at certain point in the game), so I don't like repeating mons (especially if used recently)

Sometimes, after many playthroughs, it's hard to avoid repetition though so there are a few Pokémon I really like that I've had on a final team more than once, such as Froslass, Roserade, Typhlosion, and Ninetales (2 classic + 1 Alolan), but never had the same Pokémon more than three times so far. More than once I've forced myself not to add a Pokémon that could fit well on my team because I already had it before so I wanted to go with something else instead.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
All the time. In both my Alola playthroughs I had a Charjabug on my team, and both of my teams in Black 2 were almost exclusively made up of my favorites.

Years
Not really.
In a new pokemon game, with new mons, I always just use a team of exclusively new mons for the first run.
Any subsequent runs will just be mons I've never used before that are available in the game.
My sword playthrough being the only exception as I shiny bred my team beforehand in Shield. And there are definitely a couple favorites in that team.

Years
Honestly, I mostly do this on challenge runs and the like! When playing through games for the first time I usually use newer mons/mons I haven't used much previously. But I try to make sure I at least like the Pokémon I'm using somewhat... there are some I probably won't ever use since I'm not interested in their design at all. In some games I did use new Pokémon mixed with some favorites though, like in XY when I just had to use Raichu because super cute.

Empoleon671

不要
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 19, 2023
I have played through countless games using Scrafty whether it's a solo run, a casual playthrough, and even have an army of them throughout the generations. Even if I do not end up using it for story (new generations I just prefer using the newest batch), I'll still find someway to use it in stuff like a battle facility or maybe a new run. Funnily enough, I've used it twice before it became my favourite Pokémon.

Using an unevolved Pokémon for runs would be interesting and I have heard stories of various others using them and I too watched some people using them as well.

solid choice.. i too have an army of empoleon that have been competitively trained and ready to use for online battling.

I still prefer using new pokemon, but at this point it will always be on my team when it can (RIP best pokepenguin, Dexxit is harsh)

one of the things i love about remakes is you able to use favorites in gens where they weren't otherwise obtainable, like piplup in HGSS.

that being said, i love reading the replies to this thread and learning how people play their game.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
I usually mix things up and pick some staples as well as some Pokemon I barely use, if at all. However, over time I started to focus more on Pokemon I haven't used (much). A favorite may still get a place, but that happens less and less frequently.

Back