• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] *+:。♡.。The Fairy Type Club。.♡。:+*

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I actually totally agree, but the more Fairies the better, imo!

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
I wish Lilligant was a fairy type xD I was talking about how cool it could be to be a Lilligant with LadyGuardy just now, its like a sassy princess pokemon. Duno why it ain't a fairy :O

A fairy/fighting type would also suit me to a T, since my beloved favorite pokemon character/gym leader/crush IS Korrina xD

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
A thought occurred to me that since Altaria is Flying/Dragon and becomes Dragon/Fairy after Mega Evolving, why couldn?t another Dragon gain the same outcome? One I?m thinking of is one who?d become an outright powerhouse if it were to happen: Mega Dragonite. Having a base stat of 600, Mega Evolution would put it at 700 or one of the strongest Pok?mon in the game. As for what stats get buffed, I was thinking the following: Defense(+30), Special Defense(+30), Speed(+30) and Special Attack(+10). Under those conditions, Mega Dragonite would have the following stats:

HP 91
Attack 134
Defense 125
Special Attack 110
Special Defense 130
Speed 110

Basically the opposite result of Mega Garchomp lol. It?d be weak to Ice, Fairy, Steel and Poison though(just not x4 like Dragon/Flying or Dragon/Ground is to Ice).

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Ohhhhhhh damn that?s legitimately a great idea.

I was imagining Mega-Lati@s Dragon/Fairy type. How sick would that be? I mean it would have neutral resistance to pretty much everything except Steel, Poison, and Ice, right? Plus two immunities to major sweeping moves in the meta.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Ohhhhhhh damn that?s legitimately a great idea.

I was imagining Mega-Lati@s Dragon/Fairy type. How sick would that be? I mean it would have neutral resistance to pretty much everything except Steel, Poison, and Ice, right? Plus two immunities to major sweeping moves in the meta.

Fairy doesn?t resist Fairy so you?d have a x2 vulnerability to Fairy moves along with the three you already listed. Ability was something I didn?t look at lol. If you did Mega Latias and kept its Levitate ability... that all but removes Ground from play except against those with Mold Breaker(hence Hidden ability Excadrill would be your Kryptonite). Dragonite?s ability is Inner Focus(preventing flinching) or Multiscale(reduces damage when HP is full). I?d either keep that ability or give it Mold Breaker upon Mega Evolving(that would really make it a powerhouse).

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Either way, a Fairy typing for both Dragonite and Lati@s would be a formidable opponent! Even if they don't fit the stereotypical "fairy" design, it'd be a wicked combination.

LadyJirachu

Years
I still want a fairy and fighting type!, due to my undying love for Korrina X3;;

I have no idea what kind of pokemon that would make though. Anyone want to brain storm some ideas with me?! :D That would be great. I'd really like to hear what other people think a fairy/fighting type should be like ^w^

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I still want a fairy and fighting type!, due to my undying love for Korrina X3;;

I have no idea what kind of pokemon that would make though. Anyone want to brain storm some ideas with me?! :D That would be great. I'd really like to hear what other people think a fairy/fighting type should be like ^w^

Well here's a few cute examples I found!
Spoiler:

Personally, I love love love the first one and the last one. The designs are just too awesome. n_n

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
To be frank I don?t think Fighting and Fairy would work well. It?d be vulnerable to Flying, Psychic, Fairy(since Fairy doesn?t resist itself, hence doesn?t yield Fighting Types any real defensive benefit outside of Dragon immunity) along with Fairy vulnerability to Steel and Poison(which Fighting doesn?t resist). Combined, they would resist Fighting, Rock, Bug and Dark(latter two being dual resistant or 1/4). Fighting Types are strong physical attackers(in fact, on average, they?re #1 in terms of Attack stat), while Fairy types are more balanced and favor Special moves.

In other words, you?d be vulnerable to far too many types while not excelling in any one area with Attacks that don?t fall into the same category. It?s why I feel the way I do with Azumarill. It?s attacks are largely Physical and don?t fall into the Fairy category since Fairy Types, on average, are the worst Physical attackers by Type.

TLDR: The two typings just don?t mesh.

LadyJirachu

Years
...But doesn't the fighting type have a special sweeper called Lucario? ;)

I mean, he's sorta a special sweeper, but i've always known him doing well for one :P

LadyJirachu

Years
I think in 2004 back when I was still only 13 my favorite pokemon type would of defenetly been fairy if it was around back then :3

I was a very girly girl pretty much all my life anyways (and, i STILL am one, too, even with my intense love and admiration for korrina somehow xD though i'm basicly a girly girl with an overall obsession with all things pokemon nowadays as a result of my loving her so much i think :P xD seems like a personality that works really well for me too^^)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Welcome to the club, FlameChrome! I've added you to the list! n_n

Before Fairies, my favorite type was actually Dark Mostly because they were the "newer" of the types at the time and because some of the designs were so cool looking! But as far as aesthetics go, Normal type would tie easily. And now most of those Normal types and Fairies no so it's win-win for me! :D

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Fairy talk! In my head it darted to girl talk and something about fairies thats not pokemon.

Welcome to my world and for the record, you'll get used to it. Anyone find it interesting that LGPE is limiting it to the first 151 and not allowing Evolutions or pre-Evolutions such as Pichu or Mime Jr.? Furthermore, if you want Alolan forms, you must trade them in via Pokémon GO and can't be obtained any other way. That means if you don't play GO(like a lot of Pokémon players), you won't have access to Dark Types(since you can't even get Umbreon from Eevee), and are limited to one line of Steel(Magnemite), Dragon(Dratini) and Ghost(Gastly). There are also only three Fairy lines: Clefairy, Jigglypuff and Mr.Mime. With no abilities, that really hampers Clefairy in my opinion. I'd be better off going with Pikachu Version and catching a Jigglypuff because not only does it count as a counter to Dragons but also counters Ghost thanks to its Normal Typing. Furthermore I'd have access to Sandshrew(my favorite Ground Type) and can cakewalk into the Elite Four with the following team:

Pikachu(starter): Electric
Wigglytuff: Normal/Fairy
Venusaur: Grass/Poison <- Mega Evolve
Sandslash: Ground
Arcanine: Fire
Starmie: Water/Psychic

Realistically I could forego having a Water Type if I won't need one to Surf like in the past. Latest article on LGPE is really an eye opener. It just feels like it's going to bomb and anyone who pre-ordered, I'd consider rescinding it.

LadyJirachu

Years
....i'm wondering if i should stay friends with FlameCrome :( I really like girly things, and feel INSULTED when people ditch them.....*coughcough*

If I was a trainer in the anime, i'd want Pikachu, Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Sylveon, Hawlucha, and Lucario for my team mates xD 3 are fairy types that i like a lot^^

Also, Mega Diance is really cool. It looks like Goddess Madoka from Madoka Majika to me :3

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
No stress, no stress. This is a happy place. n_n;

So let's see something. List all of your favorite Pokemon that you would have on two teams. Catch is, only ONE pokemon can be a pure Fairy type per team. Go!

My first team would have to be this:
700.png
Sylveon
181.png
Ampharos (shiny)
637.png
Volcarona
038-a.png
Alolan Ninetales
763.png
Tsareena
691.png