• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you own a car?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
I have a 2014 Civic. So far it doesn't give me serious problems. I just bought new nexen tires. My next upgrade would be the wheels and exhaust.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I don't own a car because I live 17 minutes on foot from work, and it's too expensive to own one what with fuel, repairs, insurance, taxes etc. Not to mention to buy it in the first place.

Years
Wish I could give you car ideas but I don't drive and haven't since I just got my driver's license probably like...five years ago now. My job right now is in a big city where it's near impossible to find parking and when you do, it costs an arm and a leg. Very stupid idea to drive. So I just deal with public transport. :thumbsup:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I don't own a car, neither does my mom or, well, anyone in my family, because owning a car in Madrid is insane and a waste of money when you can go anywhere you want in public transport for ~45 ? a month.

So happy, really. Visiting the US, I'd feel so trapped liing in a suburb where you need a car to do literally anything.

Last edited:

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
This may sound strange coming from someone as old as me, but, no, I don't have a car. Neither does my brother (though i think he wants to drive himself one day).

I don't want a car, either. Car pollution is bad for the environment :/ Also, I don't think I could mentally handle the situation of driving a car. I'm prone to meltdowns still, so I could get road rage easily and have a high chance of crashing and killing myself....

Years
no, even though in my city it's a pain in the ass to commute unless you own one or are lucky enough to live in an area where enough buses come around to take you to as many places close by as possible.

im not really worried about buying a car at this point, though. in my position in life, the last thing i need to worry about is paying for insurance each month on top of the bills that im already worried about, haha.

Years
No I don't own a car nor drive due to a few personal reasons. I would only use a bicycle to get around places or walk other getting rides from my family sometimes.

Years
Nothing fancy, just a little gray, Honda hatchback. I had to get used to the design. It looks sorta like a box, and driving it can feel a little claustrophobic sometimes. Something with more leg, head and shoulder room I think would suit me, but beggers can't be choosers. It was an affordable, used car that my dad volunteered to help me acquire, and he told me it was a very safe model. It has since done it's job, it's very hardy. I have had no car trouble over time, just the basic maintenance of a new battery every now and then. I have found it relatively fuel efficient also. It works for my needs.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
2010 Ford Edge. Gas would kill me if I did anything other than drive to and from work every day. Got it through a bhph loan a few years back because me and my ex were talking about having kids and the crown vic I had at the time was gutted from all the police equipment that had been in there. My payments finally end in April, but who knows how long I'll actually keep the car. There's a few things I want to get my hands on first with the extra money I won't be putting towards payments, but after that.... maybe looking at getting a Mazda or a Tesla - as long as the old ford can hold out long enough. It is at around 250k miles from a few trips to and from Texas and doing doordash full time for about 9 months total.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 29, 2021
No I do not own a car. I don't like them and driving is scary. I use the bus to get anywhere I need to go.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I have a 2017 Toyota Camry that I've mostly paid off after my 2013 Camry was totaled by some idiot. My parents were upset I bought another "small" car, but everything is so expensive between gas/insurance/car payment. @_@

Lady Bisharp

Blue noodle enthusiast
Years
I'm broke, so no car for me sadly. On the brighter side, going everywhere in my city on foot keeps me physically active, so I don't have to worry about gaining weight.

Back