• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon FurretBrown Version (recruiting)

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 26, 2020
Pok?mon FurretBrown Version (recruiting)

I've already been working on this hack for a while (about 6 months at this point) but I've pretty much reached the limit of what I can do on my own. My progress has slowed quite a lot and for most of the features I want to implement to be a reality, I am going to need some help. Pok?mon FurretBrown Version is a FireRed hack designed to include many QoL and game design improvements (example, it's harder to softlock) and is also a just-for-fun thing, which is something I want to be a focus, ie not making it too difficult but still making it not a total breeze that can be finished in an hour or something (save for speedruns which I don't count as real runs of the game but that's just an opinion)

Here's a rundown of what the hack should have before it can be released:
- 40+ "fakemon" (many are already fleshed-out, they just need to be implemented.)

- Partially revamped story (mostly fixing plot holes and integrating relevant story aspects from later generations, as well as a few custom bits)
-Partially revamped Gyms - the Cut tree will be removed from Surge's gym, so if you skip Misty's Gym, and do all of the battles in the SS Anne, as well as in the route East of Surge's Gym, you could theoretically do Surge's Gym before Misty, but Misty's will be significantly easier. Surge's puzzle will also be either remade or just removed because the trashbin thing is bullcrap and NO ONE has EVER enjoyed that torture.​
- Fully implemented Fairy type and all relevant changes

- Several moves from Generation 4/5/6 that make the meta more interesting

- A way to catch every Pok?mon that's coded in

- Mew will obey (no, really!)

- Many new trainers along the way, and an entire new gauntlet of trainers to battle after you beat the Elite Four

- Plenty of easter eggs, references, and jokes throughout to add to the entertainment factor

- Many custom maps for the player to explore, in addition to the entire Kanto Region.
-Some Kanto Region maps are modified, such as my fully re-imagined Viridian City and Lavender Town​

At the moment, I have about 7 custom Pok?mon finished (stats, moves, sprites, etc), 4 custom maps (one of them is an edit but whatever), and several of the necessary scripts, but I have so much more planned that I want to do. A huge portion of the hack is stuff I can cover myself, but ANY help anyone is willing to provide is very much appreciated. :)

Here's a link to the Discord server, if you would like to join in and help out, and here's a link to Pok?mon: FurretBrown Version's wiki if you want to read about some of the content I've already added or changed.

Current timeline (dates in Imperial format):
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 26, 2020
I'd like to add that the major features I am currently wanting to add that I can't do on my own are
-Mega Evolution (I have ideas for designs and which new megas should be added but no idea how to make it work)
-for example, I want to make a mega for Furret (the mascot of the game, obviously) but like I said, I don't know how to implement that feature in the game, even though I'm using a ROMBase that supposedly has it.​

-Z-moves, maybe (kind of like Mega Evolution, IDK how to make it work, but I have ideas on what to add)

-Form-changing items and locations (for things like Deoxys)
-I'm planning on adding alternate forms for several species ie Pikachu, Raichu, Furret, maybe even Mew, etc and they'll need something similar to Deoxys' Meteorites in order to swap around.​

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 26, 2020
I've updated the OP now, including a few new pieces of information that may be important, and I've also updated a few things on the Wiki. There have also been lots of recent developments in the Discord server :)

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 26, 2020
This project has "officially" been live for over a year! :D This thread has only been around for about half that time, though, but I thought I'd share some content from the last year just to generate more interest:

latest

latest

latest

latest

And a few tweets from the official account for the hack:
Introductory tweet - https://twitter.com/FurretBrown/status/1074870934807502849
Discussing one of the Legendary's stats - https://twitter.com/FurretBrown/status/1080080302943416321
One of many tweets explaining an updated sprite - https://twitter.com/FurretBrown/status/1077782944125775872
One of several tweets discussing the new maps - https://twitter.com/FurretBrown/status/1074938468223066113
A tweet about the starter - https://twitter.com/FurretBrown/status/1081453591687254016

Wiki stuff:
A page on the wiki about the starter
A page on the wiki about one of the Legendaries
Wiki page for one of the heavily modified moves

Last edited:
Back