• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

End Credits

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Obviously for games as good as the main series Pok?mon games, a lot of work by a lot of different people goes into it. Despite giving you an easy out by saving before they roll, Gamefreak clearly wants you to watch them as they often do some sort of animation to keep you watching, and music not heard elsewhere in the game. So I want to know, which are your favourites?

I'm quite limited in that I don't remember Black 2's credits and only played Gen III-V but I'm still torn between two.

On the one hand I just beat Lance the first time round in HeartGold and the credits that follow with all the sprites are really cute and can make your chuckle as well:

On the other we have the ending of Black / White. This is the only one i can think of where there is nothing to look at - there's just the music and the credits. But the theme sounds so epic, really leaning into the whole fantasy-hero's-journey thing that was going on in that game (N is such a nerd, insisting on setting up a final showdown with a bunch of CGI like a Warner Bros. DC-Comics movie), whilst being at a far higher tempo than most end credits, perhaps reflecting that you haven't yet beaten the champion (although technically N is, like Blue in the Kanto games, the champion the game doesn't treat it as such what with all the castle-based child-abduction lunacy that follows):

So yeah, what are you favourites? Opinions on mine? I only really talked about main series because that's where my experience lies but if your favourite is in a spin-off, feel free to share.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
GSC/HGSS and RSE had really solid credits imo, music-wise. RSE in particular has grown on me over the years, helped by the likes of awesome covers. I'm actually annoyed that ORAS opted away from it for a large part, and instead did a medley. The medley is nice, but dangit I wanted to hear a new version of the full credits theme! :<

Artwise... RBY's credits is not memorable for myself, GSC had a bit of Pokemon dancing at the edges but was otherwise boring, HGSS really stepped it up with the cute sprites. BW had a decent tune too but little going on. XY at least had some neat art in the background?

Also imo it's worth talking about the extra tune that follows after the credits. The End from GSC/HGSS is really darn simple but works rather well imo.

6th and 7th gen also had post-credits events, like battling your rival or catching a Legendary. I'm not really a fan of that implementation imo... Rather they just kept them separate.

Years
The ending of RSE is so good imo, I love the animation of the player cycling and the various pictures of the journey coming up as well, plus the music is super nostalgic and beautiful. HGSS' is pretty solid too!

Back