• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: Australian Pokémon Regionals announcement a disappointment

Years
This is such horrible news for the Australian Pokemon community, since trimming down events like this would make everyone suggest that Pokemon is losing interest here, and losing interest is what makes me sad.

2018 needs to be better, seriously.

Years
This is such horrible news for the Australian Pokemon community, since trimming down events like this would make everyone suggest that Pokemon is losing interest here, and losing interest is what makes me sad.

2018 needs to be better, seriously.

People aren't losing interest though. Last years events had great turnouts and between Go and SM, game sales are at a high. Granted, the TCG isn't nearly as big but... yeah this just seems really poor decision-making.

Years
People aren't losing interest though. Last years events had great turnouts and between Go and SM, game sales are at a high. Granted, the TCG isn't nearly as big but... yeah this just seems really poor decision-making.

That could most likely make sense. The numbers of last year's turnouts maybe felt "too low" in the company's eyes.

Shirona

[span="font-size: 18px; font-family: Abril Fatface
Years
  • Seen May 10, 2019
It's pretty terrible, but I suppose they try to make sure everyone can still get points by having the online tournaments.

Makes no sense in the general scheme of things, though.

Back