Pokémon Trivia Make your own games and trivia, or play games made by other members. Non-Pokémon Trivia goes in Forum Games.

Old 2 Days Ago (10:42 AM).
Needs more Energy.

Nature: Lonely

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Meyneth View Post

Well, I AM very worried they'd give DPPt remakes the same treatment they've given every game since Gen V, but...eh, I like Gen IV. The gameplay upgrade would be worth it...

...and the gameplay changes are what have put me off finishing Yellow. I don't think people have realised just how much streamlining and overhauling they've done to general gameplay features. It shows when you play Gen I. I mean...you have to constantly check menus. No EXP bar to track progress. Painfully simple box system. It's almost physically painful playing Gen I now. Kinda worried Gen II will be similar actually. xD

Well, pointless if you don't have 2 3DS to trade between...I like the idea of Pokemon Bank, I'll admit, but I wish it wasn't a paid service. I also wish you could trade between Gens VI and VII...
    What would that treatment be? Is gen 4 your favorite?

I actually remember how annoying it was to have to use the menu to use an Hm like cut or surf. It really has been forever I thought Gen 1 had an Exp bar (did it?).

Before getting Sun I was actually making progress without having 2 3ds by asking for help online. Same here but at least it doesn't seem like that much to pay for. I think they said Pokemon Bank is now how all transfering will happen forever so sadly that'll never happen again. : ( Would be nice though.

Relevant Advertising!

Old 2 Days Ago (8:17 PM).
    Day by Day
    • Platinum Tier

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Meyneth View Post
    I like the idea of Pokemon Bank, I'll admit, but I wish it wasn't a paid service. I also wish you could trade between Gens VI and VII...
    I'm totally with you on this, but I would've also been okay if it was just a one-time purchase to get a hold of the software, sorta like Pokémon Box RS... which is reeeeeally old and obscure, haha.

"Our journey has just begun...
    Let's write our story together."

Club Yu-Gi-Oh! | #TeamTrivia
    Old 2 Days Ago (4:03 AM).
    nin nin nin
    • Crystal Tier

Nature: Quiet
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GnX1 View Post
    What would that treatment be? Is gen 4 your favorite?

I actually remember how annoying it was to have to use the menu to use an Hm like cut or surf. It really has been forever I thought Gen 1 had an Exp bar (did it?).

Before getting Sun I was actually making progress without having 2 3ds by asking for help online. Same here but at least it doesn't seem like that much to pay for. I think they said Pokemon Bank is now how all transfering will happen forever so sadly that'll never happen again. : ( Would be nice though.
    The NPC-focused "story" treatment. ORAS didn't really get that, although there were elements of it here and there. I'm very tired of the same story in every single Pokemon game, and the rubbish NPCs they keep pushing on us which makes it very hard to ignore. Gen IV is indeed my favourite :3

Nope, Gen I did not have the EXP bar. Out of everything in GSC, I think I appreciated that addition the most. It's a small thing, but its made a huge difference over the years.

I'm generally reluctant to ask for help online because people ask for such unreasonable things...I mean, look at the state of the GTS. As someone who doesn't EV/IV breed/train, doesn't shiny hunt, and wants to keep their Legendaries, I found it hard to ever get anywhere. Wasn't willing to give, so didn't get. Which is fine. I've always had 2 handheld systems to trade with myself...or my mother, usually. I guess Bank is not as expensive as it could be...but it still rankles a bit. Today it's £5 a year, tomorrow it's a £40 season pass...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Song of Time View Post
    I'm totally with you on this, but I would've also been okay if it was just a one-time purchase to get a hold of the software, sorta like Pokémon Box RS... which is reeeeeally old and obscure, haha.
    I would actually love it if they did something like this for the Switch, if they're going to insist on killing the 3DS y moving Pokemon onto it...having a one-time buy cartridge you could store your Pokemon from Bank and whatever else on would be amaaaazing.
    Old 16 Hours Ago (1:26 PM).
    Self-hateful AND Hated, overachiever
    • Silver Tier

Bank was such a good idea, but the "pay $5 a year or lose your Pokemon" sucked. My 3ds with Bank on it managed to break and I dont remember how but the top screen is completely off, no promises it could be fixed and still have the same data saved, costs extra for the possibility of it still having the same data even tho it might not still, and I have a bad track of time so it's all gone for me by now... A one time purchase if not a free app would've been perfect but just wanted the money I guess.

I'm still excited thinking there may be a Gen IV remake soon but I'm gunna let myself hype the Ultras for now. Can't wait to see everything they bring in, had better be as good as BW2. Also did anyone notice in the announcment, all the games besides Sinnoh's were behind him? They omitted Gen IV entirely, how could they. D:
    Old 8 Hours Ago (10:02 PM).
    Sacred Hearts Club
    • Platinum Tier

Nature: Quirky

Pokemon Bank now being the only way to see the National Pokedex without looking at online guides is what also sucks.
    Quick Reply

Sponsored Links