• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Best FireRed Team for Charizard?

OG Redd

OG Redd
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Apr 17, 2018
Hey guys, the name is OG.

So me and my friends are having this competition, however we set some rules in place to make it more challenging.

- No Nicknames
- Other's cant use your starter's primary type
- After every gym is beaten you must battle another member
- After each gym you unlock another party slot, till full

So the problem is that I can't have any Pokemon with a Water or Grass typing in them. I really need help on this as I am past the second gym and I'm looking for potential party members. I currently have:

- Mankey, Lvl. 23
- Charmeleon lvl 22

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I was going to suggest Sandshrew but he's only available on LeafGreen. He'd give you a counter to Electric and Poison Types while also being relatively strong. Another option is Geodude seeing as he's immune to Lt.Surge while also giving solid coverage against Poison. For member #4, I'd recommend Jolteon(for Pin Missile(which helps against Sabrina) and coverage against your rival's Blastoise/Pidgeot. After that, it's up to you.

OG Redd

OG Redd
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Apr 17, 2018
Thanks for the response, after some research I had the idea of getting a nidoking, any thoughts?

Jolteon seems like a good pick ill be sure to get him.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Thanks for the response, after some research I had the idea of getting a nidoking, any thoughts?

Jolteon seems like a good pick ill be sure to get him.

Nidoking would work, as would Nidoqueen. Diglett/Dugtrio is a possibility as well. Although you could get away with not having a Ground type if you teach Mankey or another Pokemon Dig. Shock Wave won't affect you while you're underground and since Mankey is pretty fast to begin with, its not a bad option. Just remember that unlike in Generation 1, some Poison Types have Levitate, which makes Ground moves null and void. Also if you want a suggestion for the final few slots, perhaps try looking at Scyther(FireRed exclusive), Jynx to give you a much needed Ice STAB counter for Lance and perhaps Butterfree since Silverwind is awesome. Butterfree has been my favorite Bug-Type for a long time, even in Generation 1.

Back