• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The PokéCommunity Social Network Society

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years

The PokéCommunity Social Network Society
@pokecommunitySNS
The PokéCommunity Social Network Society is all about social networks! Talk about the famous social sites like Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram or to the less popular ones like Plurk, Friendster, Reddit, and the like. Feel free to express your opinions about these sites that helped shape this current society!

RULES:

Follow the PokéCommunity Rules and the FCG Rules.
We should warn you that as much as possible, don't give us your real life accounts [eg. the one you use with your real life friends and family with your family pics on it etc.]. You can still post them here but be warned that we are not responsible if your account gets compromised because of them.
Do not spam or advertise.
Keep discussions civil.​

TOPICS:

What are your favorite social sites?
What do you use social sites for?
Do you take pictures only to share with your social networks?
Do you always post in social sites about your everyday tribulations and going on in the lives of you? Or are you more of a reserved type that rarely posts about your day?
Are you conscious when posting personal stuff on the Internet aka pics, vids, statuses, etc?
Where do you use your social media the most? On your phone, tablet, or computer?
If you could make your own social media site, what would it be? What would its contents be? How are people going to connect with each other?
What improvements would you add to an existing social network?​

PC Username:
Handles: [Your Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc. account names]
Reason for joining:
[And answer atleast one topic]​

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
All approved! Awesome club, love the design work :)

I might join up and post my stuff a bit later :)

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
Username Laugh obviously
Handles Not going to post my Facebook account 'cause you can easily Google my name, duh!
hannahmmiralles on Instagram and Twitter
hannahmiralles on Tumblr, Wattpad and Ask.FM
Reason for Joining Um, I love social networking sites?

I find Twitter and Tumblr the most amusing sites on the internet, so I'm going to have to say those two are my favorites. Facebook also entertains me but I only use it for, like, liking stuff and sharing pictures of Justin Bieber.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
Hm. This seems kind of interesting. o.o

PC Username: Chessiekinss
Handles: Tumblr, twitter, Facebook, Mibba, Wattpad Note: I only use Tumblr and Mibba. I hardly ever use the others, just to let you guys know.
Reason for joining: It seems like this would be really fun. I could always got to know more people too, especially on Facebook.
What are your favorite social sites? Tumblr. That's where my Loki obsession is. :P I don't go on Facebook or twitter much anymore because they are so boring. :[

Username Laugh obviously
Handles Not going to post my Facebook account 'cause you can easily Google my name, duh!
hannahmmiralles on Instagram and Twitter
hannahmiralles on Tumblr, Wattpad and Ask.FM
Reason for Joining Um, I love social networking sites?

I find Twitter and Tumblr the most amusing sites on the internet, so I'm going to have to say those two are my favorites. Facebook also entertains me but I only use it for, like, liking stuff and sharing pictures of Justin Bieber.

You're the first person I've seen on PC who uses Wattpad and knows what it is. lol

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
I want to join your club, but I don't really do social media much anymore. Here's a little of my info:

PC Username: Bruce Banner
Handles: Instagram: natelikescandy
Reason for joining: Want to chat with fun new friends on here. :)

Topic: The only social media site that I get on anymore is Instagram. While social media i a great way to communicate with friends and people, most of the time I see people getting too obsessed with them. I don't know, most social media sites like Facebook doesn't interest me anymore. I do enjoy looking at my friends' photos on Instagram however.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
PC Username: Meganium90
Handles: the following are the ones I use (from most active to least active)
  • Tumblr (link is on my siggy)
  • Instagram (@Axeliira)
  • Facebook (I'll only give it to people who know me personally)
  • Twitter (@Axeliira)
  • Google+ (ask for it)
Reason for joining: I'm a social media....junkie? I really like it because keeping in touch with friends outside of PC is pure awesomeness.

I was once a Twitter addict, but I got bored. So I moved to Tumblr, and as of today it is my favorite site. You can connect with people whom you have interests in easily. Most of the time I go on there to talk/blog about NASCAR.

Years
Joining! :3

PC Username: ZachLMedia
Handles: I use these actively..
Reason for joining: I enjoy connecting with others on the internet and without social media, message boards would pretty much be the only way (excluding email) to make it possible.

I hop social media sites around all the time and right now twitter is topping my list. I have a tumblr as well for people to look at which is where I show my fan interests. And I use facebook for connecting with friends from school and real life.

TY

Handles:
Twitter: @ShadowExcadrill
Facebook (like zach, ask in private)
Reason for joining: I have been using social media now more and more and more, and i like staying in touch with people there :3

Twitter, as it's the first thing i really got into. Im still not into FB and i never got any other social network mainly cause ill forget about it eventually :P

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
You're the first person I've seen on PC who uses Wattpad and knows what it is. lol

In all honesty, I don't really log on Wattpad that much haha. I haven't even published my story yet; it's just sitting there stupidly, waiting for me to show it to the world. Which is probably never gonna happen but oh well.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
PC Username: Synerjee

Handles:
Twitter @synerjee (link is in my sig)
Facebook (Only given if you know me well.)
Google+ (look at above reason)

Reason for joining: Social networking sites are fun!

What are your favourite social sites?
Basically the above mentioned. I use Facebook and Twitter the most, but am more active on Twitter than on Facebook. I only use Google+ for Google Hangouts and following AKB48 members though, so it's not really counted.

Honestly, what is this Wattpad thing? I've never heard of such a social networking site in my life haha.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
In all honesty, I don't really log on Wattpad that much haha. I haven't even published my story yet; it's just sitting there stupidly, waiting for me to show it to the world. Which is probably never gonna happen but oh well.

I don't use it either. XD I prefer Mibba over wattpad. The community is much nicer, and I have not run into any problems. They are extremely helpful there. Plus, you have a much higher chance of your stories being noticed. :3

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
PC Username: ChiliDawgs

Handles:
Instagram: david_lee86
Facebook: Just send me a Vm :3

Reason for joining: Why not? I like using these sites :3

What are your favorite social sites? I only use instagram sooo yeah I guess Instagram is my favorite social site XD

Salzorrah

Years
All added you guys to the list.

I also added your twitter handles only as it was easier :P for those who dont use twitter, you can ask me what handle you want to use :P

So...

I use Facebook for school :P I don't really use it for social purposes. Twitter, well, I just use that if I dont have anything to do :P

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
PC Username: Oxidation.
Handles: Twitter: @Glitched_Soul, Facebook: Red Waterflower.
Reason for joining: I believe that social networks are fun, and I might as well join since I want to discuss them!
What are your favorite social sites? Mostly Twitter--it's quick and easy to do and whatnot, and I figure...since it's the one I go to the most, that it's my favorite, anyway. Facebook is okay, and Tumblr is a blog site...not a social network, so.

Salzorrah

Years
PC Username: Oxidation.
Handles: Twitter: @Glitched_Soul, Facebook: Red Waterflower.
Reason for joining: I believe that social networks are fun, and I might as well join since I want to discuss them!
What are your favorite social sites? Mostly Twitter--it's quick and easy to do and whatnot, and I figure...since it's the one I go to the most, that it's my favorite, anyway. Facebook is okay, and Tumblr is a blog site...not a social network, so.

Hey there Pala! And welcome to the club :D I'll be sure to add you to the list later. For now, we can just answer this topic perhaps?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

Mostly to keep in contact with peeps in a personal manner. I have a few PC members on Facebook, and most of my followers on Twitter are PC members. However, Facebook is where I get in contact with my family mostly, but I'm perfectly fine with allowing friends to check out my personal stuff. :P Also, if I want to send a message to someone that I can't reach via text, phone call, etc., then I'll use social media as a last resort (because they're more likely to "read" my texts/not answer my calls. Had that happen to me before xD)

Salzorrah

Years
To me, I use Facebook when there's a project, or announcements to keep tabs off :/ I never really connected through Facebook and such. And I use Twitter coz I'm just bored and stuff :P

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Hah, yeah. I think Twitter has become more of a platform where you can spill your boredom juice all over your followers. But it could be a bad thing because followers may get annoyed. I would go for tumblr for that. People are more likely to reblog your random awesomeness and think it's cool. xD

Oh, and on Facebook, I was an event organizer for my niece's birthday party a couple months ago, and my sister refused to make physical invitations, solely because the family lived far apart. So I photoshopped an invitation, and created an event that invited those who needed to be invited. It actually turned out to be a success! 90% of the people that were invited actually showed up because of that electronic invite. It goes to show that social media and technology has changed so much.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years

I use them for many reasons, actually! For Twitter, just to put cool and deep stuff up, and I guess... Facebook for games? That's pretty much it, though. ):

Years
PC Username: Hikari10
Handles:
  • Twitter: @OshyHikari
  • Tumblr: oshyhikari
(links are in my siggy)

Reason for joining: I've been a regular user of social media for 2 years, and while I don't have as many active handles as I used to (yeah left my Facebook account in the dust due to being busy with work) but I still love sharing the things I love to the community.

Currently Tumblr, which my account on the site has existed since early 2012 but never got many active posts until the end of that year, now it's got way more posts and keeps getting bigger, plus I love to decorate my page with loads of Oshawott stuff because I gotta represent my Poke-mascot after all. I used to use Facebook in the past, but ever since I started work my life got so busy it caused me to leave the account to collect dust. My Twitter also hasn't been tweeting a lot as it used to, but there may be a shot I might still do a tweet every now and then.

Back