• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2012
3DS....?

I got a Nintendo 3DS a while ago and when I put in Pokemon White is was kinda HORRIBLE looking...I was wondering if this will be different for Black and White 2. If it wont i'll probably just use my DSi. Just Wondering.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I got a Nintendo 3DS a while ago and when I put in Pokemon White is was kinda HORRIBLE looking...I was wondering if this will be different for Black and White 2. If it wont i'll probably just use my DSi. Just Wondering.

Probably not, I'm sure Game Freak would've taken the 3DS screen size into full consideration when making it.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I highly doubt nintendo would have taken into account the 3ds screen size when being produced for the ds......

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Can someone help me make a team? PM/VM me if your interested.

Best place for that is within in-game team help, most preferably the help sticky up the top. This section is only really for technical questions about the games, rather than team building. If you wanted you could post the team you have right now, or the team you have in mind within that section and get that rated, or post in the sticky once you have a few Pokemon and are unsure about them/what you think would go best with them. :3

Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2012
A noob question: does damage from statuses such as burn and poison benefit from STAB and/or type weakness?

phonastik

Strange Quark
Years
A noob question: does damage from statuses such as burn and poison benefit from STAB and/or type weakness?

If you mean would a grass type take double damage from burn/poison, then no. All Pokemon take 1/8 of their max hit points each turn if they are burned or poisoned.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023

They raise the stat of Pokemon with Guts by 50% (aka like Heracross). So overall, STAB attacks, as well as everything else can be boosted depending on what the Pokemon is.

Facade is also stronger with a status ailment, too.

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2012
Advice

This is my first time playing through Black and White. I've played every generation of games but this is the first time for this one.
My starters go as.
Timburr 22
Herdier 23
Darumaka 23
Tranquill 22
Servine 28
Boldore 26

even though no one cares or anything my pokemon have all changed and leveled up some. I now have 4 badges.

Mod Note: Guys stop reporting it - in the "title" of this post, the guy says he wants advice for the team. So yes, it is technically a question.

Last edited by a moderator:

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Hey, I have heard that there is a way to manipulate the Pokemon currently swarming, by SRing. If this is true, could somebody tell me how to do it? Thanks!

ceremony

rah rah
Years
Does a Pokemon only gain EVs when they're in battle? What would happen if I gave a Charmander an Exp Share but I didn't switch him into battle at all?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Does a Pokemon only gain EVs when they're in battle? What would happen if I gave a Charmander an Exp Share but I didn't switch him into battle at all?

A Pokemon with an exp. share will receive the same EVs as if it was in battle; the EVs are multiplied across Pokemon, not divided.

Idk if that made sense so here's an example haha. You have a Volcarona that's fighting and a Charmander with an Exp Share. You kill a Lillipup. Each one will get 1 Attack EV (Charmander will get 2 if it has Pokerus still).

Years
  • Seen May 31, 2012
I accidentally evolved my petilil too early. and all it knows now is mega drain! Any suggestions for it?

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2012
Another quick question. Who exactly is the pokemon making the weird thunderstorms? Is he legendary or just a wondering rare pokemon?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I accidentally evolved my petilil too early. and all it knows now is mega drain! Any suggestions for it?

Well you could go to the move relearner at Mistralton City & re-learn Leech Seed/Synthesis, but other than TMs/Level-Up, you can't really do anything else, since you can't learn Petilil's moves when it's stronger. :x You can always get another Petilil, though!

Another quick question. Who exactly is the pokemon making the weird thunderstorms? Is he legendary or just a wondering rare pokemon?

Thundurus. :) It's a legendary and if you catch it + get a Tornadus, you can get Landorus in the Abundant Shrine.

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2012
Problem regarding the Dream World

Is there any reason that it'd take a really long time for my pokemon to wake up from the Dream World? I just got my Zekrom C-Gear skin and i've been waiting for it to wake up for over half an hour. I'm wondering if this is (at all) normal and what I should do if this takes much longer. It is in the "pokemon is waking up" screen and the game hasn't frozen but it's just been there forever. It warns not to turn the power off and I'm guessing that if I do I'll lose the pokemon or something (which i definitely don't want to do since this was a mystery gift pokemon).

Yeah, any responses would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back