Sixth Generation The Kalos region awaits! Explore the first 3D Pokémon region while putting a stop to Team Flare. Then, revisit the Hoenn region with Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire!


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #626    
Old September 18th, 2013 (11:38 AM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire is offline
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
     
    Join Date: Apr 2010
    Location: Oregon
    Age: 23
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Careful
    Posts: 17,511
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
    That's pretty much a given. I can definitely see Azumarill being one of the possibly many fairy types that would make it into X/Y's new OU metagame. Only a matter of time, after all.
    I think it's still too early to judge on that aspect.
    However it is a possiblity.

    Mawile in the end though will proably outclass it, especially since it's gotten a Mega with the ability of Huge Power giving it possibly a higher attack stat than Deoxys (I say possibly because they may have cut it's attack a little...hopefully not) and better defenses.
    __________________
    I'm currently working on some novels. If you're interested you can read them here:
    https://www.wattpad.com/user/ImperialSun
    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #627    
    Old September 18th, 2013 (11:45 AM).
    colours's Avatar
    colours colours is offline
    Like a rhythm to the sea
    • Platinum Tier
     
    Join Date: Apr 2005
    Gender: Female
    Nature: Quiet
    Posts: 30,792
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
    I think it's still too early to judge on that aspect.
    However it is a possiblity.

    Mawile in the end though will proably outclass it, especially since it's gotten a Mega with the ability of Huge Power giving it possibly a higher attack stat than Deoxys (I say possibly because they may have cut it's attack a little...hopefully not) and better defenses.
    Yes, too early, however a fair possibility, as you've already said. Chances are good that Azumarill would be in one of the higher tiers, anyway.

    Also, keep in mind that unless they give Mawile a fairy-type priority of some sort, that it would still fall short of Azumarill's capabilities. Azu is revered so much not just because of it's Huge Power ability, but the fact that it could utilize priority Aqua Jet so well in the most crucial of situations. Add on priority Fairy-attacks and you really have yourself quite the attacking monster to deal with.
    __________________

    I'll be chasing waterfalls tonight

    Reply With Quote
      #628    
    Old September 18th, 2013 (12:07 PM).
    OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
    OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire is offline
    10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
       
      Join Date: Apr 2010
      Location: Oregon
      Age: 23
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Careful
      Posts: 17,511
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
      Yes, too early, however a fair possibility, as you've already said. Chances are good that Azumarill would be in one of the higher tiers, anyway.

      Also, keep in mind that unless they give Mawile a fairy-type priority of some sort, that it would still fall short of Azumarill's capabilities. Azu is revered so much not just because of it's Huge Power ability, but the fact that it could utilize priority Aqua Jet so well in the most crucial of situations. Add on priority Fairy-attacks and you really have yourself quite the attacking monster to deal with.
      Or give Mawile a priority steel attack...they should give it Bullet punch...though Mawile already has Sucker Punch which even though it doesn't get stab will be useful in taking care of psychic, and ghost types with ease.
      __________________
      I'm currently working on some novels. If you're interested you can read them here:
      https://www.wattpad.com/user/ImperialSun
      Reply With Quote
        #629    
      Old September 18th, 2013 (1:50 PM). Edited September 18th, 2013 by xseed.
      xseed's Avatar
      xseed xseed is offline
      Reality? Or a dream?
         
        Join Date: Aug 2013
        Location: Miississippi
        Age: 23
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Jolly
        Posts: 446
        ^
        ^ ^
        what bout sylveon then. I think it has a good chance to be in a high tier too what with its outstanding sp.def and hp. plus if by lucky chance it aint another blissey and has decent def and you have one formidable tank. of course I think in order to do this they will prob have make its speed and atk low.
        hmm you are right though magmaruby that mawhile will outclass azumarill. it has few weaknessess.(only earth and fire right?) than again twilight is right about azumarill being just as good. lol. I have a good feeling these three fairies will be the top 3 most powerful. gardevoir has good potential too as its psychic type covers its poisoin weakness and it now has lost a weakness:dark though its abillity sucks
        __________________
        Looking toward a brighter future
        Reply With Quote
          #630    
        Old September 18th, 2013 (2:04 PM).
        OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
        OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire is offline
        10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
           
          Join Date: Apr 2010
          Location: Oregon
          Age: 23
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Careful
          Posts: 17,511
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by xseed View Post
          ^
          ^ ^
          what bout sylveon then. I think it has a good chance to be in a high tier too what with its outstanding sp.def and hp. plus if by lucky chance it aint another blissey and has decent def and you have one formidable tank. of course I think in order to do this they will prob have make its speed and atk low.
          hmm you are right though magmaruby that mawhile will outclass azumarill. it has few weaknessess.(only earth and fire right?) than again twilight is right about azumarill being just as good. lol. I have a good feeling these three fairies will be the top 3 most powerful. gardevoir has good potential too as its psychic type covers its poisoin weakness and it now has lost a weakness:dark though its abillity sucks
          I agree it's speed and atk are proably low while it's Sp. Atk and Sp. Def will most likely be the strongest.
          __________________
          I'm currently working on some novels. If you're interested you can read them here:
          https://www.wattpad.com/user/ImperialSun
          Reply With Quote
            #631    
          Old September 19th, 2013 (3:42 AM).
          Hikamaru Hikamaru is offline
          ...
          • Platinum Tier
           
          Join Date: Mar 2011
          Location: Australia
          Age: 25
          Gender: Female
          Nature: Quirky
          Posts: 49,786
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
          I agree it's speed and atk are proably low while it's Sp. Atk and Sp. Def will most likely be the strongest.
          I'm agreeing with you on this theory, it will most likely excel in the special-based stats.
          __________________
          Reply With Quote
            #632    
          Old September 19th, 2013 (4:23 AM).
          metalhand's Avatar
          metalhand metalhand is offline
             
            Join Date: Apr 2013
            Location: Pallet town, next to Red :P
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Relaxed
            Posts: 535
            I can see MegaMawile and Azumarill in the OU if there gonna be a good prority fairy type physical attack, even without those they honna be a great threat in my opinion(Azumarill always had a great defensice stats and great attack, and mawile gonna have the highest attack ever!).
            I also exept the new psuedo legendary to be at least part fairy type.

            So I can see few fairy type becoming a force in the metagame.
            __________________
            Friend Code: 2981-6462-6027
            Reply With Quote
              #633    
            Old September 19th, 2013 (5:59 AM).
            colours's Avatar
            colours colours is offline
            Like a rhythm to the sea
            • Platinum Tier
             
            Join Date: Apr 2005
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Quiet
            Posts: 30,792
            Quote:
            gardevoir has good potential too as its psychic type covers its poisoin weakness and it now has lost a weakness:dark though its abillity sucks
            Um, how exactly do it's abilities suck? Trace is one of, if not one of the most important abilities a Pokemon could have. Sure, it's not the best ability out there, but when you have the potential to switch into a Pokemon, trace its ability, and therefore gain an advantage just from that ability then and there, then I'd say that the ability you have becomes more "game-changing" and less "suck".
            __________________

            I'll be chasing waterfalls tonight

            Reply With Quote
              #634    
            Old September 19th, 2013 (8:31 AM).
            OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
            OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire is offline
            10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
               
              Join Date: Apr 2010
              Location: Oregon
              Age: 23
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Careful
              Posts: 17,511
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
              Um, how exactly do it's abilities suck? Trace is one of, if not one of the most important abilities a Pokemon could have. Sure, it's not the best ability out there, but when you have the potential to switch into a Pokemon, trace its ability, and therefore gain an advantage just from that ability then and there, then I'd say that the ability you have becomes more "game-changing" and less "suck".
              It can be helpful. Like say you switch in on a Garchomp during a sandstorm you gain it's sand veil ability which will allow you to survive in the sand without damage and gain some evasion :3 However it does backfire if one is fighting a Pokemon with Truant...

              Yay finally 10,001 posts :3!
              __________________
              I'm currently working on some novels. If you're interested you can read them here:
              https://www.wattpad.com/user/ImperialSun
              Reply With Quote
                #635    
              Old September 19th, 2013 (2:24 PM).
              xseed's Avatar
              xseed xseed is offline
              Reality? Or a dream?
                 
                Join Date: Aug 2013
                Location: Miississippi
                Age: 23
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Jolly
                Posts: 446
                Hey btw did anyone see on a video(cant remeber which). but anyway a marill used some kind of move and almost OHKO a fully grown haxorus. yep. Azumarill definitly gonna be ou.
                __________________
                Looking toward a brighter future
                Reply With Quote
                  #636    
                Old September 19th, 2013 (2:31 PM).
                OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
                OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire is offline
                10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
                   
                  Join Date: Apr 2010
                  Location: Oregon
                  Age: 23
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Careful
                  Posts: 17,511
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by xseed View Post
                  Hey btw did anyone see on a video(cant remeber which). but anyway a marill used some kind of move and almost OHKO a fully grown haxorus. yep. Azumarill definitly gonna be ou.
                  You're referring to the Jp Eshop video. Azumarill will proably see some more use this generation.
                  __________________
                  I'm currently working on some novels. If you're interested you can read them here:
                  https://www.wattpad.com/user/ImperialSun
                  Reply With Quote
                  Reply

                  Quick Reply

                  Join the conversation!

                  Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                  Create a PokéCommunity Account

                  Sponsored Links
                  Thread Tools

                  Posting Rules
                  You may not post new threads
                  You may not post replies
                  You may not post attachments
                  You may not edit your posts

                  BB code is On
                  Smilies are On
                  [IMG] code is On
                  HTML code is Off

                  Forum Jump


                  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:51 PM.