• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mai awesome (Not.) Fake Pokemon :D

What do you think about my (NEW!) Sprites?

• Terrible!

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Bad!

• Average...

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Good.

• Awesome!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kalala

Gunsou
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2018
Mai awesome (Not.) Fake Pokemon :D Updated!

I was only gonna upload 2, but then I read the rules!
Hear that, new people? Rules saved me from a locked thread! Always read 'em!
Gotta read 'em all!
Gotta read 'em all!
Rul-é-mon!
Yeah.

Ahem... Back to the sprites...

Old ones here: :3

http://tinypic.com/r/2hg9rh5/7
Note: I know these are bad, so please don't focus on these, focus on my new ones (Below) for constructive criticism, thank you.

New ones:

http://tinypic.com/r/f3i837/7

I made these today :3
CC please

Last edited:

Shattered_Soul

Just Because :)
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 27, 2011
Well, let's see here. Your lineart could be fixed up a little, and your work could really use some anti-aliasing.
And dithering, it doesn't look all that great unless used efectively. I'd sugest learning the basics of pixel art before doing any dithering.
Honestly though, it seems that you're on the right track. Your work has definitely improve from the two examples you've given
Keep up the good work!

Years
(referring to your new sprites)
You have a 96 x 96 space to work with, don't be afraid to make the sprite larger. I also recommend using more dark outlines and blaack outlines as well. It's diifficult to tell what some parts are, for example, it's hard to tell what is behind Sesing. Dithering everywher e isn't necessary as well, it could look nice with simple shading.

Kalala

Gunsou
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2018
K, I'l get to work :D
Sorry about the dithering, force of habit XD

Took your advice... Updated sprites:

Also added Sefi.

358phtv.png

Hmm not bad but you need to fix up the sprite a little.

Bad.
THE sprite?
You DO realise there is like, 10 sprites up there.
O.O

Last edited:

Kalala

Gunsou
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2018
Bump?
Kthanksbainao.
Please tell me how to improve, I need you input!

Years
As Logiedan said, you should try making the sprites larger. Compare:

bj9yk7.jpg
Spr_5b_012_m.png
267.png

Notice how Butterfree and Beautifly are similar Pokémon, but the sprites are fairly large. They make the bodies of the insects look plump, and also have big, elaborate wings. Maybe introducing another colour might also help, but bear in mind that there should be a lot more black outline on the bottom-right area of the sprite.

Kalala

Gunsou
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2018
K.
The reason it's so small is because I'm putting it in a game ;.;
What should I do? D:
Shall I still make it in a 64x64 space for now, until I come up with a solution?

Years
bj9yk7.jpg
Spr_3r_012.png

The wings are still large in comparison to yours, and the head is exaggerated to make it more Pokemon-like. Experiment! :)

Back