• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Does anyone know how to get the colors correct with an emerald ROM while using unLZ-GBA. I personally do not think that this is possible.

What I mean by "correct colors" is to have the pokemon/other sprites in the correct color pallet. In Ruby ROM's all the pokemon look normal and not a pixel out of place. And when I load emerald into unLZ-GBA, the pokemon are in black and white and some even split in half. And everything else is just random colored pixels that resemble the sprites. Please help anyone?

I think Emerald sprites start at 1037, so make sure that's where you're looking. Also, your Emerald ROM may be corrupted, as in you either obtained a bad copy of the ROM or you accidentally changed the bytes of the images. Try using a clean, unedited ROM in unLZ-GBA.

Does anyone know how to make tiles that animate only when the player walks through them?
Also what was the number of sprites you can have on one map until they pretty much dont apply their scripts? Wasnt it like 15 or something?

Yes, you can have a max of 15 active person events simultaneously.
Unfortunately I know very little about animating tiles D:
But I know that other members here know a lot about animating tiles, so I'm sure you'll get help soon.

Last edited:

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
I think Emerald sprites start at 1037, so make sure that's where you're looking. Also, your Emerald ROM may be corrupted, as in you either obtained a bad copy of the ROM or you accidentally changed the bytes of the images. Try using a clean, unedited ROM in unLZ-GBA.

No he didn't. He is seeing the shiny palettes. Use Wichu's Advance Sprite Editors to change pokemon sprites. They are 10X easier.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
No he didn't. He is seeing the shiny palettes. Use Wichu's Advance Sprite Editors to change pokemon sprites. They are 10X easier.

Wait, now I'm confused... All sprites appear fine when I use unLZ, whether they are front, back, regular, or shiny. Even the 'Gastrodon' sprites lol. Maybe I misunderstood something?

karatekid552

Years
Wait, now I'm confused... All sprites appear fine when I use unLZ, whether they are front, back, regular, or shiny. Even the 'Gastrodon' sprites lol. Maybe I misunderstood something?

Unlz can be weird. It was like 3am when I posted that, and all I saw was funny colors.:P This is usually people just seeing the shinies and not knowing what to do. But either way, he should open up the rom in Wichu's Sprite Editor. It is pointless to even look at pokemon sprites in unlz when we have that tool.

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
Yes, you can have a max of 15 active person events simultaneously.
Unfortunately I know very little about animating tiles D:
But I know that other members here know a lot about animating tiles, so I'm sure you'll get help soon.

Dang, so does that mean 15 person events with scripts? for example, if i wanted more than 15, could i put more but not give them any kind of script? or if i repeat the same script on multiple people, does it count as one space or anything? Im just trying to clear up all of the details.
And yeah, if anyone knows how to animate tiles when theyre moved through by the player, that would be awesome.

karatekid552

Years
Dang, so does that mean 15 person events with scripts? for example, if i wanted more than 15, could i put more but not give them any kind of script? or if i repeat the same script on multiple people, does it count as one space or anything? Im just trying to clear up all of the details.
And yeah, if anyone knows how to animate tiles when theyre moved through by the player, that would be awesome.

I can animate tiles pretty well, but the issue is when the player steps on them. The only thing I can think of is stealing the broken long grass and fixing it. Hmmmm

15 NPCs. That is your max, on screen and just offscreen at once. You can add more sprites than this using the createsprite command, however, these sprites are almost useless. You can walk through them, you can't applymovement to them, and you can't attach a script to them. The only thing you can do is give them a specific behavior, like running in place. The only use I think of for them is hacking the routine to make them follow you around.:p

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Hi, I seem to be experiencing a small graphical glitch. Nothing major, it's just that my sprite appears pink until I use an attack. Does anyone have any idea why this might be? :3 The sprites that it's happening with so far are custom sprites. I took some screenshots too if that helps (spoilered due to large size.)

Edit: Other info- the sprite starts pink at the start of EVERY battle, and opening menus (bag, Pokemon etc.) also removes it temporarily.
Edit 2: Just did some more testing- seems to be that only the backsprite has this glitch- the front sprites seem to be working fine.
Edit 3: Hmmm, this seems to affect all backsprites. o.o

Spoiler:

Last edited:

karatekid552

Years
How do I find certain palettes/offsets in advanced palette editor like for example the palette/offset of the world map?

Open up the image in VBA. Go "Tools" -> "Palette Viewer" and find the palette you are looking for. Save the palette map as a Paint Shop palette. Now, switch APE to searching mode with the button and click the button that becomes accessible after doing so. (It is in the Actual Palette section, the palette with the blue arrow pointing left on it.) Select the saved palette. Now, using the arrows, navigate through the indexes until you find the palette you think is the one for the image. Then click search. Remember to switch between Lz and Uncompressed if can't find it. If you can't find it at all, then this will be a little bit more difficult.

Years
Nope, XSE does that for you.

Spoiler:

Thanks ^^
Another question, how to change the TM that the gym leader will give it to you?

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
There are some in the toolbox such as SDSME, and a few other ones.

Years
I have a problem with my VBA, I changed the setting to make the screen bigger but I accidentally made them to big and the VBA keeps crashing before I can change them back.

I have already tried deleting all the files of VBA and downloading it again but its not working :"(

Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2013
Does anyone have a tutorial for making the title screen animated? I already know how to make the background, but I don't know how to make the animation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back