• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stan Lee dies at 95. RIP

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Sad news this afternoon. Stan Lee, the Marvel Comics legend and creator of your favorite superheroes such as Iron Man, Spider-Man, and Thor, has passed away at 95. Multiple sources confirmed today.

ap_stanlee.jpg

Link to People.com article.

I will forever miss him! My boyfriend and I met him in 2015 at a convention. Such a great guy! He will be missed greatly!

Does anyone have a favorite memory of him? Maybe a favorite cameo from the movies? Discuss!

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Rest in peace, Stan Lee.

Also rest in peace Steve Dikto who died a few months back

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I am so legitimately sad about this. Stan Lee was my hero and a hero to so many comic book fans out there. We lost a real legend today and conventions will never be the same. RIP <333

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
Sad to hear :( He did tons for the industry, and he had such a great personality as well... Things really won't be the same...

Bay

Years
I'll be honest that I haven't read all that much comics, but I'm more familiar with some of the shows/movies and without the original comic books by him those other mediums wouldn't have existed. Sending good vibes to his family and friends.

Years
It's in our nature to die after all... That said, now I wonder who would be the next face of Marvel from now on. Kevin Feige himself perhaps?

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
He was 95, do I even have to repeat what's in bold? If I lived to be that long I'd be doing cameos and not give a damn how I looked in the film either(his last cameo in Venom, he didn't look so hot(like I got a vibe that he wasn't going to last much longer)). He was old enough to be a WW2 veteran since his BDay was in December(hence he was almost 96!) and with a bit of digging, he was (Army, fortunately never had to go to the front lines).

TLDR: He was old... was bound to happen sometime. Next big one to go would be George Lucas imo. Day he goes, there will be a state funeral with a legion of Stormtroopers.

Back