• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

11wildy

Me!
Years
Just some ****ed up nintendo thingy ;(. And I don't know if I'll be able to do much on the event, with me being at school for more than 12 hours every day. I'm too tired to even think about it ;x. But I'll try...

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
It's okay. I totally understand, as I was swamped during the Get Together event as well as the Challenge Bowl. As long as you update once, you will get the emblem. So don't sweat over it too much! :)

Years
I've come up with an idea for a challenge for a while: The Weather Challenge.

Only Pokemon that has something to do with a certain weather.

Let's say the Stormy Weather Challenge, Only Water or Electric Pokemon can join or Pokemon with the abilities: Drizzle, Rain dish,Storm drain and swift swim.
TM Rain Dance must always be learned to your team members as soon as you get it (In generation 5 all your team members must have Rain Dance since you will always have Rain dance in your bag as soon as you aquire it) Electric Pokemons must be pokemon who can learn Thunder by leveling and must learn it As soon as possible.

And then similair rules to the Sunny weather, Sandy weather and Snowy weather
Castform is the Pokemon that can be used in every of those challenges

This is just a example leave a reply if you like the idea of this challenge.

11wildy

Me!
Years
I already did this challenge on the first 3 generations, in combination with monotype XD. You should also add stuff like ice body and rain dish for the later generations :).

And Sydian, I know I will get the emblem, but I just feel bad that you put all the effort in the event and I can't even finish it. :(

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I do like that weather idea actually. Too bad in gen V, you need DW Polis and Vupix to get your Drizzle/Drought in place.

Yeah, if it helps, I hate when I don't finish events I make. I didn't finish Challenge Bowl lmao. ;( I felt so awful, but man I was so busy that month.

11wildy

Me!
Years
Ohh Syddy double post :o. I didn't finish challenge bowl in time, but in the end I ended up finishing it, but I am not very motivated this time ;(. We'll see if I continue or not.

And instead of weather ability, there's rain dance, Hail, Sandstorm, Sunny day moves :D.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
Is there a challenge where you fight a Gym with only Pokemon from neighboring areas? Sort of like how N battled the trainer with a new team with Pokemon only from the area he was in.

So say you're challenging Burgh next, you would have to catch a new team of Pokemon from either Castelia Park/Sewers or Route 4. And then Elesa you could use Pokemon from Route 4 (except ones you used against Burgh), Route 5, Route 16 and Lostlorn Forest.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
PC likes to give me double posts sometimes. ;(

And yeah Keiran, I think that was actually called the N Challenge.

Halfcadence

Monocolorist
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 2, 2023
Is there some secret place where you guys are socializing these days? I came back to a dead #swablunest :(.

I've been sitting in #tradecorner for the past couple days but I think they think I'm weird : /. Plus all they talk about is RNGing and I'm just like I don't understand your voodoo magic :S.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Nah, I got really caught up in band camp then school started and I ignored it and I guess everyone else did too. Our Latios bot even left! Sad, I know.

#tradecorner is great though! RNGing is totally fun btw. It's not as hard as you may think. :) And I'm sure they don't think you're weird. They're weird. :P Just be like "i'm one of syd's little swablu" and they'll be like "AWWW OKAY HI" and there ya go!

Hate to advertise this over and over, but if you guys haven't done so already, please go vote in the MOTY Challenge and GPGD categories, and represent the Challenge forum in the main MOTY ballot in Other Voting Polls! :) but seriously the gpgd category has like 4 ballots please vote so i have something to count lmao

Halfcadence

Monocolorist
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 2, 2023
I would vote in the other ones but I literally don't leave the Challenges forum, so I wouldn't be able to contribute constructively haha.

And yeah, I've mentioned how awesome you are in #tradecorner a couple of times. People agreed :).

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
There are still some categories you could vote for your fellow members in here and such! And there's things like "favorite event" and "favorite forum" and such.

Yes, everyone that's a regular in Challenges is one of my Swablu. :3

11wildy

Me!
Years
Yay I'm a Swablu ;D.

I don't know how many people here know the Gone book series, but I made a challenge around that!

And every gen has a ruleset which corresponds with the number of the book in the serie.

So for example in gen 1, you would need to release every Pokemon after evolution, and you cannot stop a Pokemon from evolving.

And as optional rules you could add that you have to use the fire starter :).

Any ideas? Should I post this? :D

Years
I thought up a pretty interesting challenge, but it is still in its rough draft. I call it the Zodiac challenge. The rules are that your team of 6 must each represent a sign of the Zodiac, and your sign MUST be in your team. Also, each sign has an additional rule that may hinder you, like all of the Scorpio Pokemon has to keep Poison Sting, and stuff like that. What do you guys think?

11wildy

Me!
Years
I think I saw something like that before, but I'm not sure. Also, who decides what represents a sign? Apart from that it seems interesting, but not something I'd prefer to do. I'll stick with monotypes :3

Years
And *that* is why my challenge is only a draft. I think animals can decide on what Zodiac they fall under, like Cats, and Foxes will fall under Leo, and Cows and Dogs will fall under Taurus. Though Capricorn will be a very big problem, considering there are no goats, and sheeps will fall under Aeries.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You could count deer as goats. So Sawsbuck, Stantler...I think it would work. ...Arceus is a space goat...lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back