• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Random Pokemon Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetsutaigas

your regular overlord
Years
The rules say you can only use Pokémon-Amie to get Sylveon, sorry.

Ah! Guess, I missed that. Well, that's fine. :)

EDIT:

Wanted to add my first progress report before heading off to bed!

Up until Lumiose Fennekin (later Braixen) did everything by himself, obviously, so he got pretty over-levelled by the time I managed to catch a Pancham. (which took me about half an hour I might add that thing did not want to show up!) Now I'm treading along with those two, though I might get a Zubat since I need a Dark type 'Mon for Pancham to evolve. I'm obviously not gonna use it though. It's pretty weird being so restricted, though not bad. I just tend to go into the grass a lot less since I can't use the 'mons there anyways.

Braixen (Luhan) Lvl. 23
-Psybeam
-Flame Charge
-Ember
-Howl

Pancham (Tao) Lvl. 20
-Karate Chop
-Slash
-Arm Thrust
-Work Up

Last edited:
Years
Forum Username: cc_aussie
Game Version: Platinum
Number of Pokemon: 6
Exclude NFEs: No (Meaning I allow non-fully evolved Pokemon)
National Dex: No
Restrictions: 1 surfer + 1 flyer, no legendaries, no more than 2 type-overlaps and everything available before E4

Last edited:
Years
Since I got a emulator on my Andriod as well I believe I can multitask with my other challenges.

Forum Username: EternalSeekerX
Game Version: Pokemon Blaze Black 2 (Black 2)
Exclude NFEs: (Yes/No - NFEs are Not Fully Evolved) Yes
National Dex: (Yes/No - Only say yes if you are able and willing to hack or trade.) Yes
Restrictions: I will need a team of 6 of pokemon, two pokemon can't have the same type. I don't need hm Pokémon's as I am allowed dedicated slaves. I really hope one of the Pokémon's I get is salamence. Well let's see my luck.

Last edited:
Years
You get Raichu, Sudowoodo, Kricketot, Staraptor, Glaceon and Golduck.

Would it be against the rules to ask for a re-roll for Kricketot since it would not be able to have a full moveset??

EDIT: I researched a little bit, and it looks like Kricketot is just short of 200 BST (it has 194) so that means I'm entitled to a re-roll right??

Since I got a emulator on my Andriod as well I believe I can multitask with my other challenges.

Forum Username: EternalSeekerX
Game Version: Pokemon Blaze Black 2 (Black 2)
Exclude NFEs: (Yes/No - NFEs are Not Fully Evolved) Yes
National Dex: (Yes/No - Only say yes if you are able and willing to hack or trade.) Yes
Restrictions: I will need a team of 6 of pokemon, more than two pokemon can't have the same type. I don't need hm Pokémon's as I am allowed dedicated slaves. I really hope one of the Pokémon's I get is salamence. Well let's see my luck.

You get Vileplume, Houndoom, Lopunny, Vespiquen, Throh and Persian

Sorry... No Salamence :)

Years
Would it be against the rules to ask for a re-roll for Kricketot since it would not be able to have a full moveset??

EDIT: I researched a little bit, and it looks like Kricketot is just short of 200 BST (it has 194) so that means I'm entitled to a re-roll right??

You get Vileplume, Houndoom, Lopunny, Vespiquen, Throh and Persian

Sorry... No Salamence :)

Gah!! LOOOL, its okay. can you reroll atleast persian since its also a normal type. If not then Its okay. Blaze Black 2 has custom TM to so I could do some nasty things with Throh moldbreaker.

Years
Gah!! LOOOL, its okay. can you reroll atleast persian since its also a normal type. If not then Its okay. Blaze Black 2 has custom TM to so I could do some nasty things with Throh moldbreaker.

You wrote in your sign up that up to 2 Pokemon can have the same type, which means that I adhered to the parameters. So unfortunately, no re-roll. Unless you meant it differently.

Years
Well in that case, you can get Cryogonal :)

Done my friend, thanks will update when i can get them in my black 2.

Update: So the mod for black 2 is acting up and is unplayable....The only roms that seem to work now are Heart Gold and Platinum. Will update if I can get a working black 2 rom so I can patch it with blaze black 2 image, for now I may have to stay on the back burner :( :(

Last edited:
Years
After a ridiculously long journey, though much shorter than my previous challenge, victory is mine!
I thought about giving up at the Elite Four when my level 100 Ninetales could hardly affect Loreli's Water/Ice type team, but I decided to grind Jigglypuff up to level 96 and gave it another shot. After Jigglypuff tanked Loreli, Ninetales had little trouble with the rest of the Elite Four. I never want to use Jigglypuff again...

My Final Team:

Jigglypuff Lv. 98
Strength
Water Pulse
Thunderbolt
Psychic

Ninetales/Kyuubi Lv. 100
Flamethrower
Will-O-Wisp
Confuse Ray
Quick Attack

Guess I'll sign up again... Haven't played Emerald since my cartridge corrupted, so yay for ROMs :D
Forum Username: Ranger6w6
Game Version: Emerald
Number of Pokémon: 3
Exclude NFEs: Yes
National Dex: No
Restrictions: No legendary pokemon, though I'll take a Regi if it rolls

Attachments

• Hall of Fame.jpg
    Hall of Fame.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 2
Years
You get Tropius, Azumarill and Armaldo. Enjoy! :)

Alright, thank you, I will confirm this team. If I remember correctly, I can get Marill near the third gym, which I can skip second to get to... third was electric though so geez that'll be fun. Tropius was actually the first pokemon I thought of when I decided to choose a Hoenn game, because I absolutely never used it.

Years
Alright, thank you, I will confirm this team. If I remember correctly, I can get Marill near the third gym, which I can skip second to get to... third was electric though so geez that'll be fun. Tropius was actually the first pokemon I thought of when I decided to choose a Hoenn game, because I absolutely never used it.

There are also Marills on Route 104, so you don't have to skip any gyms ;)

Years
I confirm my team of:
026.gif
185.gif
398.gif
471.gif
055.gif
469.gif

I'll update next week :)

Years
There are also Marills on Route 104, so you don't have to skip any gyms ;)

After a lot of struggle, I came to realize Marill could be caught before you ever enter the forest before the first gym... Two restarts and an hour and a half of lost progress before finally getting it figured out for my VBA emulator, now I have my Tropius and Azumarill, but I still need to evolve Anorith. At least I didn't have to catch a Marill at the third gym to grind up.

Years
So I think I am going to width draw from this challenge, figured out blaze black 2 can't run on my Andriod emulator and my pc version of the rom has my dragon monotype save. Plus with midterms coming up I won't be able to start this any time soon (unless I am allowed to use another version of pokemon, may need a reroll for the unova pok). So I may have to forfeit haha, sorry for the time waste.

Years
userame : desinishon
Game version: Emerald(hack flora sky)
no. of pokmons :6
NEF's: nope.
Restrictions: one Pokemon which can learn fly and other surf.
privous progress : not at all (completing pokemon light platinum)

Years
Took me a year, then a month, now just two days for victory.
I hadn't played Emerald in forever and geez, the different champion made Armaldo useless except for reviving other Pokemon, but even with an under leveled team of three, I held my own :D Going to not sign up for another challenge just yet, but I shall return.

Armaldo/RocLobster Lv.60
AncientPower
Metal Claw
Slash
Aerial Ace

Azumarill Lv. 58
Surf
Rollout
Double-Edge
Ice Beam

Tropius/Entropy Lv. 51
Fly