• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paupir

Dreamer
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 7, 2015
If you have the permission from the original author to hack their hack-then you may.

I wonder if that author had permission from Gamefreak.
Regardless, you should ask the creator if he can hook you up with what you want, Krotar. Who knows, you might make a friend :P

Years
  • Seen May 10, 2012
(Maybe it'll let me post links if I don't parse them?)
Anyway, I did some more solo poking around and found this youtube video of a guy swapping sprites into Heart Gold and tried to see if I could do it, too. Things were working all right up until I tried to open the image he told me to. It's probably because I was trying to work on Pokemon White instead of one of the earlier DS games, but maybe I can get it to work somehow anyway? The program involved were kiwi.ds and an image converter called "Pokemon DS/Pic". It keeps telling me an "unhandled exception" was encountered. Any way to go around this, or is it a lost cause?

EDIT: The creators listed the tools they used and none of them seemed to be what I'm looking for. I guess I could try asking if they have something anyway, though. I figured I'd wait to ask until I actually felt I could actually DO any hacking, but I guess there's no harm in asking early.

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2012
Im hacking Fire Red. I am having trouble changing overworld sprites. I want to put the d/p male characters sprites t replace the ones in fire red. I have the sprites in the right size but there no way to upload them. They need to be 16 color bmp images, or else they just don't work. How do I turn an image into a 16 color bmp? People suppy you with sprite sheets, but what do they help you with? You have to edit them out, and when you do that, your gonna have to change the image file yourself. Whenever I try to change it to a 16 color image, the image loses its color and looks all messed up. Please help.

Years
  • Seen Oct 8, 2013
Is there a program that lets you make pokemon moves or at least edit them? Or do I have to rid myself of my cool sinnoh moves for the gym leaders? =(

Years
  • Seen May 10, 2012
I got the go-ahead from the Hack's creator, and I also found some tools that I think might help me do this Trainer Swap. They're made by Kazo/Magius. From the looks of things, they can be used to implement all the sprites I made except for the X-Trainer Dialogue ones. Problem is that I have no idea how to work the crazy things! >_< My folders are a clusterbomb of extracted ROM files with me having no idea which one's which or what they do or what to do with them! HALP! ;n;

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2011
Help with Mac hacking. (simple)

Hey, my name's Aerodynamik. I'm new here- signed up specifically to ask this question. I know they say not to ask questions that have already gotten answers, but seeing as the answers won't really work for me, I figure this is okay.

I want to do an LP of Pokémon Soul Silver. To differentiate between this LP and every other Pokémon LP, I've decided to play the game with a twist– The player is the rival, seeing a whole different side of the story than the hero. Mostly, I'd leave the game alone, I wouldn't change anything, using screen caps that only show certain text boxes to change the meaning of the dialogue.

The only thing I would really want to change would be a couple of sprites– specifically the trainer's sprites and the rival's sprites. I'd have them swapped, so the player's rival would look like the hero, and the player's back sprite would be the rival back sprite. The player's over world sprite would be swapped with the rival sprite, etc.

It would be fairly straight forward, but there's a catch– I have a mac computer, running OS 10.5, and most hacking tools won't work. (I know mac computers aren't good for a lot of things, esp. gaming, but it was a gift.) All the tutorials say use this utility or that utility to extract the files, but they don't work on my OS, even with wine. Does anyone know of any (hopefully relatively simple) way I could get around this, or do I have to scrounge around and beg someone to do the sprite swap for me, since I can't do it myself.

Thanks,
Aerodynamik

PS– I know about the AR codes that swap the player's overworld sprite for other character's, but I was hoping for back sprites too, not to mention having the rival be the normal main character, since it would make no sice for the rival to be fighting himself.

Years
@Infernhawk: Use Irfanview. There are plenty of tutorials on how to insert Pokémon sprites, and they too need to have 16 colors, so just follow the same steps until the inserting.
@Narutofan9991: There's one in the toolbox here.

Well, now's my question. Upon walking in a certain area in a map in my hack, the game restarts. Is there any way to fix this, or is the map corrupt?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2015
Hello guys do you think it would be possible to move music from R/B/G/Y to FR/LG that it would sound exactly like in GB games? If anyone knows the answer, please tell me.

kringlur

Velkominn í heim POKéMON!
Years
TLP crashes, both the hacked and regular version, when I try to open a file. It starts, then I click "open" and the browsing box shows but it crashes without any error message before I can even click on a file.

Am I missing a .dll file I need or something?

Hello guys do you think it would be possible to move music from R/B/G/Y to FR/LG that it would sound exactly like in GB games? If anyone knows the answer, please tell me.

Yes, it's possible.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=121856
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9TUuwtNbzw

I'll put up a tutorial for how to do exactly what you want in a few days or a couple weeks.

Last edited:

TheOrangePichu

Currently working on new hack
Years
Anybody have a good start for GSC Hacking? Mainly Scripting for GSC? I have seen many in the tutorials yet you need to know some experience before you can do the tutorials. Anyone have a good starting guide? (Also don't say "Google" because I tried)

NDogg45

Skrillexmon is best Pokemon
Years
Ummmm... How do I change the party icon for a Pokemon with normal sprites that are .bmp/.png? I am hacking Sapphire, so, APIE will not work for me. I really need to change it up, because a Pokemon I made called Hydro is supposed to have his icon instead of Nuzleaf's icon. Yes, I edited Nuzleaf.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Ummmm... How do I change the party icon for a Pokemon with normal sprites that are .bmp/.png? I am hacking Sapphire, so, APIE will not work for me. I really need to change it up, because a Pokemon I made called Hydro is supposed to have his icon instead of Nuzleaf's icon. Yes, I edited Nuzleaf.
IconED should be your answer. It's the best icon editor.

kringlur

Years
How do I change letters/characters in Fire Red? I need to add stuff like þ and ð which don't already exist, but when I go into it using TLP I can only find the Japanese alphabet. There should at least be ä, which I can't find, in there already.

Then I want to make it compatible with A-text so when I type ð in there, it shows up as ð in the game instead of as a blank space.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I have 2 kinda interesting questions.
1) Does anyone happen to know how to allow catching other trainers pokemon?
Since it can be done thoughout cheating I suppose there should be way how to allow it, or not?
2) Has anyone succesfully implemented wild double battles into 3rd gen game? Or it's really not possible?

RHIOneAlbum

Banned
Years
I have 2 kinda interesting questions.
1) Does anyone happen to know how to allow catching other trainers pokemon?
Since it can be done thoughout cheating I suppose there should be way how to allow it, or not?
2) Has anyone succesfully implemented wild double battles into 3rd gen game? Or it's really not possible?

I would imagine if the Gameshark uses hex, you could somehow implement the code into the game through a hex editor. Nice idea for a XD remake or something though.

Wild double battles would probably take some work, I'll research it and post in the R&D area when I find it out. I'm sure it's possible though.

How do I change letters/characters in Fire Red? I need to add stuff like þ and ð which don't already exist, but when I go into it using TLP I can only find the Japanese alphabet. There should at least be ä, which I can't find, in there already.

Then I want to make it compatible with A-text so when I type ð in there, it shows up as ð in the game instead of as a blank space.
Try adding international keyboards with those characters, then attempt to type them. First make sure the characters are able to be produced in the games architecture.

Oh yea, a-text is glitchy, try using a more advanced program like XSE.

I haven't hacked sapphire- but I imagine that Unlz-gba would be able to change the icons. Just save the file you wanna edit from Unlz, then change it in a program like Gimp or Photoshop (paint won't work) then import into Unlz and save the rom!

Last edited:

kringlur

Years

Try adding international keyboards with those characters, then attempt to type them. First make sure the characters are able to be produced in the games architecture.

Oh yea, a-text is glitchy, try using a more advanced program like XSE.

Umm, the problem is that they're not already in the game and I want to put them in. I can type them on my keyboard just fine. When you type letters into A-text, or presumably any other program, and the letters aren't connected to a graphic, it turns into a blank space in the game (and on the program after you save).

So "þið", because the game doesn't already have þ and ð in it, would end up as " i ". I need to fix this.

Editing the alphabet that I can find, which is the Japanese one, doesn't do anything and my edits don't show up while playing - that means it's not the one used in the game, and I can't find the one that is.

The problem is that I can't find the alphabet that IS used in the game in TLP.

RHIOneAlbum

Banned
Years
Umm, the problem is that they're not already in the game and I want to put them in. I can type them on my keyboard just fine. When you type letters into A-text, or presumably any other program, and the letters aren't connected to a graphic, it turns into a blank space in the game (and on the program after you save).

So "þið", because the game doesn't already have þ and ð in it, would end up as " i ". I need to fix this.

Editing the alphabet that I can find, which is the Japanese one, doesn't do anything and my edits don't show up while playing - that means it's not the one used in the game, and I can't find the one that is.

The problem is that I can't find the alphabet that IS used in the game in TLP.
Hm, well since the text is wired to graphics (of which I'm still not sure it's just the font or if it is graphics, haven't done it yet.) I'd use the map viewer in Advancemap and see if you can track down the text you need to edit. Try using some JP characters first so you can track 'em down.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years

I would imagine if the Gameshark uses hex, you could somehow implement the code into the game through a hex editor. Nice idea for a XD remake or something though.
Yeah I thought of something like that :D

Wild double battles would probably take some work, I'll research it and post in the R&D area when I find it out. I'm sure it's possible though.
Okay then I hope you'll find something =)
There's thread in R&D I've read but nothing really works completely =)

kringlur

Years

Hm, well since the text is wired to graphics (of which I'm still not sure it's just the font or if it is graphics, haven't done it yet.) I'd use the map viewer in Advancemap and see if you can track down the text you need to edit. Try using some JP characters first so you can track 'em down.

I don't understand what you're trying to say. They don't use Japanese characters in-game in the European version, which is why the only alphabet I found earlier in Tile Layer Pro doesn't do anything once edited.

I need to edit graphics, so I can add the letters I need into the game. I'm doing a game translation, and like I explained earlier, you can't simply type characters that don't exist and make it work. You have to make sure the letters are connected to graphic versions of the same letters you need. That way, when you type a it turns into a in-game instead of b or c.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back