• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How did you defeat Cynthia's Garchomp?

Rasyid29

Giratina Master
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Oct 11, 2016
I swept the elite 4 and Cynthia with just a level 88 scyther. Used X-scissor powered up with Swords Dance, to her lv. 78 Garchomp
Scyther Lv. 88
Swords Dance
X-Scissor
Wing Attack
NIght Slash

Years
Ice attacks destroy this Elite Four. Her Garchomp is nothing more than a fridge magnet. The only Pokémon she had that was difficult for me at first was her Spiritomb

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
On my first time ever I can't remember, on my daimond nuzrun I used my own Garchomp, and every other time I used Ice beam.

ChaddyCFC

Veteran PokéNerd
Years
A No Guard Machamp with Dynamicpunch can OHKO Garchomp if it's strong enough. Even if it doesn't, it guarantees the Garchomp would be confused and that would give you easily enough of a window to take it out.

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
Years
I couldn't be less proud about this but I literally couldn't beat her with my team at all! Granted, my team was only an Empoleon, Staraptor and Luxray though! I had my friend - who had already clocked the game - trade me his Level 100 Hitmontop to win. Oh the tragedy lol.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
Years
I played through gen 4 multiple times so I used difrent things each time I know I used pokemon with either dragon or ice moves to beat her

KNS27

I got... Lonely Doggo?
Years
Simple.Weavile Ice Shard and Gallade Close Combat.

But her Miliotic gives me real Pain.I must use Max revive to Gallade 6 times because of her Milotic (oh and lot Hyper Potion too).

Jonothon

~ Farrah Moan ~
Years
Since I am a lover of using underrated Pokemon, I found it extremely hard to beat Cynthia my first try. If I remember correctly, I had a a Vespiquen, Cherrim, Lumineon, Magmar, Pachirisu and I think Chimecho?

Basically I had to keep grinding until Lumineon could Ice Beam her Garchomp. Most of her other team members were fairly straight forward. Gastrodon was taken down by Cherrim, Magmar took care of Roserade, Milotic was Vespiquen and Cherrim, and Lucario was just whoever was alive at the time lmao. Meanwhile Spiritomb was stalled out via toxic and full restores. :(

Good times.

Back