• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Contests

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 15, 2017
hoqw does it work is it single play contest? cause when i try to join it shows two ds connecting..

Years
oh oops i thoujght it was the same. So are the single player ones hard?

The Contests have four different rankings, and you need to win the lower rank in a certain category (Cool/Beauty/Cute/Clever/Tough) to use the next rank.

Ranks are in this order: Normal -> Super -> Hyper -> Master

Normal Rank is the easiest, while Master Rank is the hardest and has opponents with extremely devious strategies designed to stop you easily. After you participate in a Contest for the first time, you will be able to receive Cosplay Pikachu.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 15, 2017
cool sounds fun i will give it a go tonight

is that pikachu be used in battle or ust the contests?

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
is that pikachu be used in battle or ust the contests?

You can use the Pikachu any way you see fit . Pikachu will come to you in very high condition for every category of contest, almost maxed out in beauty, coolness, toughness, cleverness and cuteness. So you will have an advantage in the introduction round of the contest and get lots of applause based on your condition in whichever contest you choose to enter. Normally you have to feed your pokemon lots of pokeblocks to attain this. Pikachu will also change into adorable costumes to fit the category you want it to compete in, a wrestling costume for toughness, a dress and bonnet for beauty etc.

If you want to use your Pikachu for battle that is great too. This Pikachu is able to learn great special moves that other Pikachu can't like draining kiss, flying press, the list goes on. You can find a light ball for Pikachu hidden in the grass across from the water on Route 120. You will be leaving Winona's gym, a place where Pikachu can do really well, and on your way to Lilycove city.

Here are some tips for your first contest. Have a look at your Pokemon's movesets and what their contests effects are in the summary. A Pokemon who has all or most moves in one category stands a good chance of winning that category, I.e 3 or 4 cuteness moves, especially if one of those moves is dubbed "highly appealing." Also it would not hurt to give your Pokemon a few pokeblocks to eat with the color that represents the contest i.e red for coolness, blue for beauty, pink for cuteness, yellow for toughness, green for cleverness. If your Pokemon's natures like the flavor they are eatting even better, but neutral is also fine.

Good luck and break a leg!

Back