• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen SPIRITOMB

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
442.gif

In D/P/Pt at the Hallowed Tower on Route 209, you can encounter an eerie Pokemon by the name of Spiritomb. However before you can do so, you need to meet these requirements: You must of put the Odd Keystone in the Hallowed Tower beforehand and also chatted to 32 people that weren't NPCs, underground. Once you have done both of those you then needed to 'interact' with the Hallowed Tower, as in walking up to it and pressing A on your DS. Then you'll encounter a Level 25 Spiritomb, who you can catch if you wish. Spiritomb is also an interesting concept- it has a unique trivia fact behind it stating that in it's Diamond Pokedex entry it said that Spiritomb was made out of 108 spirits. However it's also #108 in the Pokedex while also having a Defense and Special Defense of 108. It also weighs exactly 108 kilograms, interesting isn't it?

So did you attempt to catch Spiritomb or meet the requirements to encounter it? Would you of liked it to be a harder of a challenge to encounter it or a tad bit easier? If you did encounter it, were you disappointed or surprised by Spiritomb being the Pokemon you could catch after all that effort? Discuss!

Years
I've never felt any particular way towards Spiritomb... it's really one of the small handful of Gen IV Pokemon that I've felt pretty... meh about. Like, don't get me wrong, the concept behind it is awesome, but other than that, I've never felt the need to include it in any of my teams or anything like that.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
I never met the requirements for it because there just weren't enough people around for me to do so. I mean I guess I could have used two DS' to do so since it never said that they had to be different people but that's overly tedious. I've always liked Spiritomb as a Pokemon.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
I did try and do those requirements long ago, and I actually got one! But it required tedious minutes of linking two DSes together and resetting one of them so that I can get another person to interact with every time.

As for Spiritomb myself, it's a rather interesting pokemon! It has no weaknesses so that's cool; like the only way to exploit it's dark weakness I think, is to identify it with Foresight or Odor Sleuth or something and use a fighting type move. I remember people used to hack their Spiritombs, and chaange their ability to Wonder Guard. It was so cheap. x: aha.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Spiritomb is so cool but I could never bother with the conditions to get it. And now I highly doubt I'll find 32 real people who still play DPPt.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Online now
Spiritomb was memorable to me, because of it having no weakness. I remember in Gen 4 when a few people hacked Wonder Guard into Spiritomb, it became sort of a big deal.

With fairy types added, it fell into a category of Pokemon I usually forget about.

Years
I never owned DPPt, so I never met the requirements. It's one of the more memorable Pokémon from 4th Gen for me, mostly because of its role in the anime and I would like to use it one day. I caught one in ORAS, but it's been boxxed ever since that moment.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
aaaah I was so disappointed when I discovered I couldn't obtain Spiritomb! Cynthia's was a pain at times but it made me want one for myself. ;n;

Back then I thought the concept of having no weaknesses was pretty cool, too. Some will say that Spiritomb's design is a little underwhelming... I think it looks unique!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 17, 2021
I had 2 DSs to get one back in the day. I used him on my team too. Love Spiritomb. No weaknesses.

Back