• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever been bullied or harassed?

Resolve

I have it
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 2, 2020
I bullied and was bullied, and believe it was necessary for me to be bullied.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
I think it's hard to find someone that hasn't been bullied in some form. I just think we all get it at one point for one reason or another.

I've always been bullied for the fact that I'm so short and I still do now. And it never really bothered me because I'd just fight back. Now a days I'll just turn around and tell you to kiss my ass.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
It pretty much comes with being gay. It's gone all the way from elementary school to now, and I'm sure it'll keep going until I'm dead.

Years
I did but we all bullied each other in my high school. I never let it get to me.

I actually became friends with somebody who I picked on at first in middle school.

Last edited:

... ...

Banned
Years
Been bullied all my school life because I had low level asperges and people never liked that I was off doing my own thing instead of what everyone else was doing.

Never had true friends at all, and it ain't starting now.

Years
Been bullied all my school life because I had low level asperges and people never liked that I was off doing my own thing instead of what everyone else was doing.

Never had true friends at all, and it ain't starting now.

Same here, never had friends and I still don't, and I'm 28.
Being autistic comes with lonliness it seems

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I was never bullied really. Few unkind jabs and comments, sure, but nothing that ruined my academic career or anything.

But I was a bully. I stopped when I got older (like middle school) and even apologized to some but, yeah. I think I was just following what others were doing and was an angry little shithead to boot. :(

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
But I was a bully. I stopped when I got older (like middle school) and even apologized to some but, yeah. I think I was just following what others were doing and was an angry little shithead to boot. :(
Same, kinda. I was never outright the bully but I was friends with a lot of "Mean Girls"-esque people in elementary/high school (there's no middle school where I live) so I just kind of grew up without thinking much of it. I was much less compassionate when I was younger and it wasn't until I grew up that I looked back and thought "those kids must have felt like crap when we did/said those things to them" and "wow, we were kind of assholes". I wish I did apologize.

I think I got some of it from my mom, too, she's also the gossip-y type and growing up around her just normalized the whole "picking on people for physical flaws" thing to me, and funnily enough I grew out of that but she still hasn't, and it makes hanging out with her kind of annoying sometimes because I wish she would stop talking about and point out other people's flaws to me, lol.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
I was bullied until I fought back. Was always quiet and introverted. I was different cause I could read people at an early age. I moved around a lot so I learned to use my hands. I never swung first nor provoked the fights. Everytime I fought back until nobody fucked with me anymore. My last fight in school was in 8th grade but I also know martial arts so they got a dosage of that. Got suspended quite a few times but I ended up all right.
It's just drama in school really and I wasn't about that bullshit. In high school I was doing music so I got a bit of love for that. Lots knew I could fight and I was a level headed down to earth stoner that just rode the waves through his days so nobody really bothered me. Paid no attention in school whatsoever and passed all my classes.

Last edited:

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
I was bullied on project pokemon forum. By one person, mind you, but said person said such loathesome things to me, I never want to return to that forum again for like a super long time...

They called me names that I associate with killers. They tried to convince me that liking girly things is (pretty much...) devil warship.

And, worst of all;
Spoiler:

Oh god. Just thinking about that person makes me want to throw a book at the wall or worse. How could someone so awful even EXIST?

And people need to stop bad mouthing girly people and being girly around me. Period. What do you feel you have to gain, cultivating HATE in a person who would NEVER want to understand an emotion like that EVER? :'(

Last edited:
Years
Yes unfortunately, i got bullied because i was overweight and autistic like everyone else, but it really hurted me as a person and i did cry when i was coming at home..., i also don't understand why they gain with it, imagine me, dealing with an racist bully or even an homophobic one, hell it would have been worse, also making fun of me saying like that i am in love with an girl that i didn't even known, god, what are happening to the kids of today.
But now i'm 16, and i am kinda accepting jokes, and not taking things really not seriously, even if i'm out of school.

Last edited:
Years
For the majority of my life, yes. The irritating part is that my school system punished those who fought back oftentimes with equal punishment even if it was only to defend themselves from physical bullying, which I was oftentimes subject to. @_@

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 14, 2018
I have Asperger's syndrome/"high functioning" autism and bipolar 2 disorder. In addition, I've been overweight since I was about eight years old. Due to my poor social skills, my weight, and my tendency to cry easily, I was mercilessly bullied from the ages of 4 to 18.

People would call me names like the "r-word", fatso, ugly, etc. One kid said he'd be my friend "if I weren't so fat". People would ask me out as a joke and then laugh at me if I accepted.

Because of all of this (and more), I was hospitalized twice, both times on suicide watch. I still get very depressed at times, but never like that. I was also suspended twice for defending myself against bullies, but the bullies never got punished and were never forced to apologize (but I was).

I still have trust issues with other women. In school, the girls I knew were catty and would spread rumors about you while pretending to be your friend. The guys were usually more direct if they didn't like you. I still get along better with men than women - my best friend is a man.

Bullying and joblessness have both wrecked my self-esteem. If any of you who are reading this have bullied someone or have been a bully, please remember that you could ruin someone's life forever.

a girl who plays pokemon... it doesn't get more sexy

back in my schooldays, whenever somebody attacked me or my friends, i would stand up,
go to their table and smash all their school stuff on the floor so they had to pick it up themselves ... actually i really enjoyed that lol,
everyone who gets bullied can do that no matter how weak or scared u r

at some point i got thrown out of school for misbehaving in general, however, i had a few close friends and in our class we never allowed someone to be surrounded by bullies, well that was the ONLY rightful thing we did that i can remember, otherwise we were bad kids smoking and drinking heavily even at 16.

now i don't say we were role models, if everyone acts like us though, school wouldn't be such a horrible place for some ppl (but everyone would have bad grades)

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
Same here, never had friends and I still don't, and I'm 28.
Being autistic comes with lonliness it seems

Sorry for saying this, but I just see this as an excuse. I've seen many people with autism have fulfilling social lives, so I really don't think that's the issue.

I'd say it's more of a negative mindset or lack of confidence, which also isn't synonymous with autism; not everyone who has ever been lonely is autistic.
What you need is just more of what you're lacking and an optimistic view that things won't stay stagnant forever. But you gotta have the dedication to stick with that mindset too, I'd say. Not everything good happens overnight.
The best things require dedication.

Alyssandra

in Wonderland
Years
I feel like this is a question that can only be answered one way, in which case the "deep" aspect is questionable.

That said,

I have been bullied, harassed, and stalked both online and in person. Currently going through the courts regarding one particular individual who is guilty of the latter (and much worse) over ten years. Not super thrilled about having to write and translate a victim impact statement.

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
Years
Si. Fortunately it didn't last long, for it occurred in church school during middle school and we only went there once a week for an hour. While it was mostly little physical annoyances such as pushing, shoving, hair pulling, head slamming, etc, I ignored and went on my day. Yes I remember her face but oh it's been over a decade now. I don't hold a grudge and I'm sure that were she to see me again she wouldn't recognize me or recall. or maybe she would hmmmm

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
Yep. I've actually been bullied here before too... but that was several years ago. Things are better for me since I've matured and such. I also dealt with bullying in school as well. The teachers practically did nothing and blamed the bullying on my "odd behaviors". See, no one realized I had autism until I was about 12 years old at the time. By then, most of the bullying had phased out and wasn't as bad. I had a lot of my teachers bullying me too. One teacher stuck me into the back of the classroom facing the wall, and I wasn't allowed to turn around or anything. I have a few horror stories here and there... but I'd rather not bring them up.

Sorvete

Novice
Years
Yeah, I was bullied and humiliated a lot in primary/middle school times, and I think that's a thing that influences my life until this day. I'm a pretty shy person and I'm always afraid of doing things that involve other people (i.e. asking a question to the teacher, playing keyboard in front of others, etc.), my head always creates this paranoia where I fear people laughing at me/thinking bad stuff about me. It's just inevitable and I don't think how I'd ever be able to take this out of my head.

Last edited:

Satire

let’s get this bread
Years
In elementary school, I got the sh!t bullied out of me. Everybody went out of their way to single me out and just overall attack me mentally, sometimes physically. They'd act like it was a crime to so much as sit by me. I assume it's because I used to be a little overweight.

It got better towards the end of elementary, in 5th and 6th grade. People went from bullying to simply leaving me alone, and then now in high school people actually treat me like a person (even if I don't talk to anybody.) They respect my space but are still friendly, and trust me when I say that's the best feeling in the world- not talking to anybody but everyone still knows who you are.

Back