• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2014
can anyone tell me what is the palette offset for gras battle background in Pokemon Fire Red

Years
  • Seen Oct 8, 2010
How do you replace the intro hero's sprite?

How do you replace the intro hero's sprite? :( I've tried all the tutorials available but none of them worked.

Erm..anyone can teach me how to insert the intro sprite?

This is what I got when I inserted
Spoiler:

I'm working on a Fire Red btw.

CollinP

My Avi Evolved
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 19, 2009
Well, a ROM base is just like an IPS patch to a ROM hack... except it changes pallets/graphics/sprites, or other useful things for the game.
You need to have a copy of the ROM you are going to use, and the ROM base patch.
You will also need to get Lunar IPS, the program used to combine the Patch, and the ROM.
Once that is done, your ROM should be quite different, as it will look like the creator of the ROM base intended it to look like. "Keep in mind, some bases are made for certain ROMs, and should only be used with the ROM's they were intended for.)
Oh! Thank You For The Help!

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2014
Why is it that when I apply an .ips to a rom(I took some from the Resources thread), they come out all messed up when I play the game?

I know I"m doing everything right and using the specific rom bases for the specific rom, so whats wrong?

Years
I'm not sure if this is a problem worthy of this thread, or if it has already been asked, but many of the programs that come with elite map are not working for my fire red rom. Most of them say that there is something missing in the data base, and others have data from ruby. Does anyone know what's going on?
Edit: Also, before you ask, I tried getting a new rom. It didn't work.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2011
are there any tutorials on how to use pokecry gui? i want to implement dp cries into my hack. its possible,because ive seen it on youtube.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
Does anyone here know how to Engine Hack so I can insert more than 25 pokemon? (I know it is possible, and I want to know how)

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
Years
Are there any programs that let you insert sprites into a game *other* than unLZ? Every tutorial I've found so far for sprite insertion, whether it be for the title screen, for the Pokémon professor's welcome-to-the-game-speech, or for general trainer or Pokémon sprites, uses unLZ, and the program doesn't work on my Mac's Windows emulator. Are there any others out there, or will I just have to find a way to make unLZ work?

EDIT:

Erm..anyone can teach me how to insert the intro sprite?

This is what I got when I inserted
Spoiler:

I'm working on a Fire Red btw.

Um... That's my sprite. Why are you trying to put my sprite in your hack?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2014
Because Rom bases don't have games on them.
Only the graphics as a base to make the game xD

Ok.....so what am I exactly SUPPOSED to do with rombases?

Isn't it downloading a rombase for FR getting a new FR rom, and patching it to the rom so it gets the edited graphics?

It doesn't work for me.

Ok. If I want to use someones snow graphics for my hack, HOW can I do that?

Last edited:

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
Years
Is it possible to have only some parts of the world map show up once you reach them in game? Like, when you first start out, the only thing on the world map is the starting town and when you enter the first route, it shows up on the world map after? If it's possible, does anyone know how to do this, or how it would work?

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Does anyone here know how to Engine Hack so I can insert more than 25 pokemon? (I know it is possible, and I want to know how)

Why does everyone call it "Engine Hacking"? It's not hacking the engine at all.

It's just repointing every single piece of Pokemon data into free space so that you can add more onto the end of it. Simple, but it takes a whole lot of work because you need to repoint EVERYTHING.

EDIT:
My reply made the thread go OVER 9000!

Last edited:

Megiddo-san

Barium - Summer '12 Return?
Years
I'm not sure if this is a problem worthy of this thread, or if it has already been asked, but many of the programs that come with elite map are not working for my fire red rom. Most of them say that there is something missing in the data base, and others have data from ruby. Does anyone know what's going on?
Edit: Also, before you ask, I tried getting a new rom. It didn't work.
It might have something to do with the ini file. I know that fonted, for example, lacks the offsets for firered.

What does the scouter say about the number of replies?
It's over 9000!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back