• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
Open up YAPE and put the same exp. getting rate for the eggs. =)
How to get that stupid cut? >_<

Ah... In my ignorance I defer to your wisdom. I have no excuse to make save that I am a fool. To quote the dictionary-maker, I have done this out of 'pure ignorance.'

...5 minutes pass...

I have fixed the problem! I am adding a new IPS right now.

Last edited:

DanishDahl

Pokémon Enthusiast
Years
Huge bug, once you beat the scientist and get back that taoist dude's pokénav (or something) You go out of the cave and your trapped?! The entrance you get out of is blocked and the tile next to the other cave entrance is unpassable, please fix it fast so i can get on with this awesome hack!!!

Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
Thanks for the tip Cutlerine! And for a great hack too ;)

Where can you find a pokemon that know thundershock and a pokemon that know transform?
Surf around on the sub's lowest level for a magnemite (they're common). In a corridor accessible after using the lift, you'll find dittos.

Huge bug, once you beat the scientist and get back that taoist dude's pokénav (or something) You go out of the cave and your trapped?! The entrance you get out of is blocked and the tile next to the other cave entrance is unpassable, please fix it fast so i can get on with this awesome hack!!!
D'oh, how could I forget about reporting that one

Also, I noticed a graphic bug on one of the routes

Cutlerine

Years
Today 01:32 PM

Thank you all for feedback. I'll fix that impassable thing right now.

As for the graphic glitch... yeah, don't know why that happens. I've tried to fix it already, but...

EDIT: Fixed the cave entrance glitch. New IPS to be found on the first post!

EDIT: For a sneak preview of what comes after the part where the hack currently ends, click the spoiler... Or do you prefer to wait and see?

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
I found a new glitch, you can't leave the tower at where Laviridge town use to be. Also you can walk through the walls and make it to the other rooms to avoid all the fights.

Cutlerine

Years
I found a new glitch, you can't leave the tower at where Laviridge town use to be. Also you can walk through the walls and make it to the other rooms to avoid all the fights.

Fixed these. I think

New IPS on the first post.

EDIT: Fixed certain tile glitches that appeared when I fixed the Shakyamuni Tower Glitches. IPS on first post as ever.

Last edited:

Cutlerine

Years
The Dark type gym leader uses a Lv. 1 Pokemon with Wonder Guard. What is the type of the Pokemon?

It seems unsporting to tell you, but OK:

Spoiler:

Why is it, that when you catch a weedle, it shows clamperls icon in the pokémon section?

Weedle is not naturally in the Hoenn Pokédex, so I overwrote Clamperl, Huntail and Gorebyss to fit in Weedle and its evolutionary line. This explains the icon. Their stats and learnsets have also been slightly revamped to justify replacing an ugly little clam with an ugly little caterpillar.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Why is it, that when you catch a weedle, it shows clamperls icon in the pokémon section?
For some odd reason he moved around a lot of pokemon to make room for the fakes and what not. The rom is jumbled mess when viewed with a sprite editior. I'm just curious as to why you'd remove weedle. And replace it with something then to remove clamperl and replace it with weedle. Wouldn't it have been more logical to replace clamperl and its line with whatever you replaced weedle with? That just seems odd to me.

Cutlerine

Years
For some odd reason he moved around a lot of pokemon to make room for the fakes and what not. The rom is jumbled mess when viewed with a sprite editior. I'm just curious as to why you'd remove weedle. And replace it with something then to remove clamperl and replace it with weedle. Wouldn't it have been more logical to replace clamperl and its line with whatever you replaced weedle with? That just seems odd to me.

Weedle was not moved to make room for fakes: Weedle was moved so as to appear in the Hoenn Pokédex, back when I still cared whether or not they did so. The fakemon that took over Weedle's old line appeared later on. I got rid of Clamperl for Weedle because I prefer Beedrill to Gorebyss or Huntail, to be perfectly honest. Now, I no longer move Pokémon into the Hoenn dex if I want them to be in Snakewood. I just put them in there and hang the consequences.

As for the ROM being a jumbled mess... Yes. Yes it is. I only got the hang of inserting sprites when I was halfway through, so anything done before that point is, as you say, a jumbled mess. You are looking at a sharp learning curve, immortalised in clumps of random sprite data. :)

And as for seeming odd, well, I have that effect on a lot of people. The logic I was given at birth seems slightly skewed in comparison to everyone else's.

EDIT: I will be adding Pokémon mini-icons at some point. It's just that, like the player overworlds, they don't strike me as the most important parts of the hack, and so will inevitably get left until last.

Last edited:

Cutlerine

Years
I like this hack! However, I think you should change the tiles, the ruby ones are terrible.

This hack is set in Hoenn. Hoenn, in my view, ought to look like Hoenn. Using other tiles would make it look less like Hoenn. Thus, I have used the original Ruby tiles.

But yeah, I'm not a fan of Ruby tilese either, to be perfectly honest.

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
Years
This hack is set in Hoenn. Hoenn, in my view, ought to look like Hoenn. Using other tiles would make it look less like Hoenn. Thus, I have used the original Ruby tiles.

But yeah, I'm not a fan of Ruby tilese either, to be perfectly honest.

pokemon-heart-gold-and-soul-silver-screenshot.jpg
pok%C3%A9mon-gold-screenshot-002.gif

They are different. And the same region. So, it's ok to change the tiles. Anyway, I haven't played this yet, although it does seem...interesting, so maybe I'll give it a shot later :)

Back