• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RM2K/3 Pokemon Battle System

Are you planning on using the battle sys in your game?

• Yes

Votes: 88 61.5%
  • No

Votes: 23 16.1%
  • Not sure yet...

Votes: 21 14.7%
  • I don't care

Votes: 11 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
i have no idea how to do that.
good idea daegon! now we can just do the intro later and get started on the game.
i think for the battle system we should put our names all in it somewhere to prevent other people claiming credt for it.. im not sure whether we should have to resort to this but if everyone wants to say they made it all by themselves then maybe we should..

why would anyone want to claim credit for this??? we are giving it away for free!!!! why would you then go and do something like that?

Years
if u give it away to people, no ones gonna take credit for it lol. theyll be happy they can use it, and everyone will know you made it. i know all you will be in my credits.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
Upon startup (like as soon as you press the button), rapidly keep pressing F5, or maybe it was F8. One of those. Eventually, a screen will come up with several diagnostic options. Companies don't want you to know abou this so you pay them to fix your computer, so it usually takes a while. Just restore your comp back a few days. Make sure you back up all your new files!!!

We should put our names in the panorama in the background of the battle in an uneditable place. That is, if it becomes an issue.

Years
i agree. we will see if this becomes any more of an issue first though.
awkwardsilencer, there's not many people like you around anymore...

Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2009
DarkMage31 said:
Upon startup (like as soon as you press the button), rapidly keep pressing F5, or maybe it was F8. One of those. Eventually, a screen will come up with several diagnostic options. Companies don't want you to know abou this so you pay them to fix your computer, so it usually takes a while. Just restore your comp back a few days. Make sure you back up all your new files!!!

We should put our names in the panorama in the background of the battle in an uneditable place. That is, if it becomes an issue.

Or you just go Start->Help->Undo changes to your computer with System Restore
o.o It's not hidden or anything, though I rarely use it as it's not all that useful because there's usually no restore points created that are close enough to this time but far enough away from the problem xD It can't really fix major problems so for me it's a pain as viruses abuse it all the time, in which case you have to turn it off, clear the virus, and then see if you got rid of it.

Years
great! daegon did some battle calculations for me but he left out the variable names and it's virtually impossible to understand.. i will try harder or i may just have to do them myself.. by the way.. in case anyone doesn't know, daegon has gone to a special student camp for a week.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
"Special" as in gifted in the arts of silent movement, self control, firearm accuracy, environmental awareness, concentration, dedication, ability to follow orders, and climbing!

If you don't get the calculations, I think Daegon used the formulas, so go back a few pages until you find that guy who posted the links to the pages with the formulas. That'll explain it substantially, if Daegon used those formulas.

Years
lol i like that last bit about climbing!

i may not be on for a few weeks ok? i have to go pack my bags now ok?
i will be on in about 3 weeks ok bye!

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Krazy Meerkat, I did use the formulas that were posted up.
Secondly, I'm back from camp! :D
Thirdly, if you look at the formulas, they are quite easy to rebuild in RM2K/3! But what does "?>" mean mathematically?
Lastly, what's up with the commotion about the CIA?

Last edited:

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
Are you in Korea? What's the intelligence factor over there?

Well, everyone seems to be going off to training camps, so I figure it must be for oversea covert operations training. lol :D ;)

Maybe ? stands for an unknown/random variable. I'll have to take another look at it. Also, > means greater than, so it may mean a random number that is greater than something else.

youngotaku

Collecter of Mews
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 23, 2006
uh

so let me get this straight, this battle system will be avalible to everybody?

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
That's the plan! We'll give out the graphics and scripts with tutorials so everyone can use the system in their own games. Of course, credit will have to be given to us, and we may put our names on certain parts of the BS so people won't try to steal. The whole game, however, is going to be just like any other game.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
I think I'll use some more formulas to test them in RM2K/3.
yes I am in Korea. You have to be good at everything here,
students spend most of their time going to tutions and lessons.
I'm just lacking some intelligence because I've lived overseas
for so long.

Neo

Years
  • Seen May 31, 2004
Got that demo thingy, and it's kewl! u just gotta add the HP bars and stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back