• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon SkyLine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 30, 2013
Just a quick question. Does this hack stick more to the traditional formula than the Ruby Destiny series? Either way I'll likely play it when it's done, as so far Jagold is one of the most creative ROM hackers I've seen until now.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2014
I can't get Rock Smash off the guy in the Pokemon Center in Moonlight Town. I've defeated Cal, and been to the north of Moonlight Town.

EDIT: NEVERMIND. FOUND IT. :D
EDIT2: Where can I find a Vulpix?

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Just letting everyone know that I am restarting the hack.
No changes will be made.
The reason why I am restarting is for me to try and see if I can avoid the mentioned bugs.
I tried fixing the ROM but the game crashes on me.

Restarting won't take long though.
Only the animation will probably consume my time, but that will be done later.

---

Do I have to restart with each beta?

In the next beta, probably yes.

Just a quick question. Does this hack stick more to the traditional formula than the Ruby Destiny series? Either way I'll likely play it when it's done, as so far Jagold is one of the most creative ROM hackers I've seen until now.

I am not sure what 'formula' you are referring to. =/
SkyLine has a generic story, and a dark story (if the players can trigger the event, but so far, none had seemed to have done it).

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2013
Just letting everyone know that I am restarting the hack.
No changes will be made.
The reason why I am restarting is for me to try and see if I can avoid the mentioned bugs.
I tried fixing the ROM but the game crashes on me.

Restarting won't take long though.
Only the animation will probably consume my time, but that will be done later.

---

In the next beta, probably yes.

I am not sure what 'formula' you are referring to. =/
SkyLine has a generic story, and a dark story (if the players can trigger the event, but so far, none had seemed to have done it).

I was talking about the old "Leave starting town, get 8 badges, defeat evil team, beat Pokemon League" formula that has been present in all official games and even on most hacks. LoG did break the formula by putting a more stronger emphasis in the Legendary Pokemon storyline and stopping the Dark Organization and Team Earth, albeit while at the same time keeping the badges story sidelined. I was actually quite surprised at the absence of a real Victory Road/E4 and how the story was completed before the 8th gym battle. But I mean that in a good way.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
i actually want the "evilteam" concept (bleh team rocket plasma galactic watnot)
that all pkmn games have so far to be abolished and a more mature JRPG story to be setup.

The "Protag must stop Team "so and so" from capturing/using "insert legendary"" is being reused way to many times and very cliche and dull alr.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2014
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, bu when I battled Jude on Route 3-B, after he was looking for Ralts, the screen started panning to the right, into the trees, and it was likwe that after the battle as well. I restarted from my last save point, and took him on again, and it cotinued normally. ???

PokeGeisha

Breeder and CompetitiveTrainer
Years
Will this game be as emotional as Ruby Destiny Life of guardians?:D Like when the main character went to the shore to talk to herself and stuff? i loved that part<3

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
is it really supposed to be
slow med fast in the options?

I don't remember.
But it fits, doesn't it?

Will this game be as emotional as Ruby Destiny Life of guardians?:D Like when the main character went to the shore to talk to herself and stuff? i loved that part<3

Depends though.
The story progress more as I continue the hack.

WHAT?! There's something like that? o.O
I can't even think of where could that even be present...

Aside from the main story, another set of events are around to change the story.
It has a requirement when it'll be available, and when it will no longer be available.
It will be up to the players to discover them.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, bu when I battled Jude on Route 3-B, after he was looking for Ralts, the screen started panning to the right, into the trees, and it was likwe that after the battle as well. I restarted from my last save point, and took him on again, and it cotinued normally. ???

I don't think I remember scripting an event where you can battle Jude in Route 3-B...
But if you meant the battle took place in Route 2-A, then I'll check on that.

i actually want the "evilteam" concept (bleh team rocket plasma galactic watnot)
that all pkmn games have so far to be abolished and a more mature JRPG story to be setup.

The "Protag must stop Team "so and so" from capturing/using "insert legendary"" is being reused way to many times and very cliche and dull alr.

I...couldn't understand what you are trying to say.
The start of your comment sounds like you want the evil team concept, but later, it sounds like you don't want it.

I was talking about the old "Leave starting town, get 8 badges, defeat evil team, beat Pokemon League" formula that has been present in all official games and even on most hacks. LoG did break the formula by putting a more stronger emphasis in the Legendary Pokemon storyline and stopping the Dark Organization and Team Earth, albeit while at the same time keeping the badges story sidelined. I was actually quite surprised at the absence of a real Victory Road/E4 and how the story was completed before the 8th gym battle. But I mean that in a good way.

I'm not sure yet if SkyLine will be following that formula or not.
It's still in development. Changes are always around.

war rock exe

Pokemon Colosseum Remaker!!
Years
YES YOU FINALLY PUT IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been stalking you ever since i saw that little trailer on youtube..... lol jk, but great job!!! I wont try it until it's complete though :)

sethiey

Probably editing a video
Years
Wow great hack! I'm loving it so far, i was wondering if i could do a Let's Play of it for my youtube channel or even make a video about the glitches i've found. Keep up the good work, i look forward to more!

~Seth

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 8, 2022
Zangoose in route 2-B or 2-a? And what about squirtle?
My team is evee (25) and poliwhirl (25) but I can't seem to defeat kathleen and the other girl now..

Edit: beat the girls with swellow's wing attack :D

My new team is Eevee, poliwhirl,swellow,xatu,mightyena and my favorite: phanpy (caught at lvl 16 in mount starlight),also got a lvl 14 machoke.

Edit: LOOL, just found a lvl 27 Onix after beating that team in mount starlight?

Edit: Done, was pretty fun while it lasted, though you should really fix the level 10 problems because all the gym leaders are having level 10 pokemon.

Last edited:

RoarignSam

The Loose Cannon
Years
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 10, 2017
Umm, I found a bug? I was training my ralts, after I defeated a Zangoose with it, it now needs: 317718636 experience to level up. Help!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back