• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Report bugs and errors in unmodified Essentials version 21

Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2019
In a battle if your pokemon has the ability storm drain and uses a water type move it will actually hit itself :/ ..... tried it with shellos.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 10, 2022
I tried double wild pokemon with just 1 pokemon on my team and this is what happened

jSHXsGi.png

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen today
Exception: NoMethodError

PScreen_Pokedex:667:in `pbChangeToDexEntry'

PScreen_Pokedex:747:in `pbStartDexEntryScene'

PScreen_Pokedex:1109:in `pbDexEntry'

PokeBattle_Scene:2792:in `pbShowPokedex'

PokeBattle_Scene:2789:in `pbFadeOutIn'

PokeBattle_Scene:2789:in `pbShowPokedex'

PokeBattle_Battle:236:in `pbThrowPokeBall'

PItem_ItemEffects:1677

PItem_ItemEffects:1676:in `call'

Event:150:in `trigger'

how to fix this?

As well as this error, it seems like the pokemon isn't actually being added to the party, had a party of just one pokemon, caugyht a pidgey and still only 1 in party, no pidgey

Only occurs when catching a pokemon for the first time

It also doesn't seem to be recording altername forms, genders and mega i've tested with

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 20, 2017
The trading system isn't working for me. I am using this script, as I found it in the trading NPC in the clean version of V16.1:

Code:
pbChoosePokemonForTrade(1,2,:POLIWHRIL)

In the Pokémon selection scene, the Poliwhril that I have in the party show as Not Able.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 13, 2021
Hello PokéCommunity,

I hope someone can help me with this weird glitch I have.
It started happening yesterday when I was busy with Pokémon Essentials in RPG Maker XP.

imgur . com / Rpdny2U (damn can't post links yet :s)

After a lot of testing I figured out that tiles that have a priority of 1 or above get this glitch.
The glitch makes it so the lowest line of pixels from a tile don't show up.
This only happens when playing the game (looks fine when editing maps).

I already uninstalled and reinstalled both Pokémon Essentials and RPG Maker XP, but the same thing happens.

Does anyone know what causes this and/or how to fix it?

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen today
The trading system isn't working for me. I am using this script, as I found it in the trading NPC in the clean version of V16.1:

Code:
pbChoosePokemonForTrade(1,2,:POLIWHRIL)

In the Pokémon selection scene, the Poliwhril that I have in the party show as Not Able.

Don't know if you've copied incorrectly or its like that in the script but POLIWHIRL is spelt wrong, you've got RI not IR

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
As well as this error, it seems like the pokemon isn't actually being added to the party, had a party of just one pokemon, caugyht a pidgey and still only 1 in party, no pidgey

Only occurs when catching a pokemon for the first time

It also doesn't seem to be recording altername forms, genders and mega i've tested with
Use Essentials v16.1. Download it again if you have to. Remember what this thread is about.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen today
Both issues occur on the clean essentials, no mods at all, i tested on it when i got the issue in my game to confirm if it was me or essentials, have just double checked, its there in a clean install

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
I've just tried it again in v16.1, and there's no problem. Did you try the "download it again if you have to" thing that I said a couple of times?

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen today
Downloaded it again, (must have read past that part) and its working, compared it to my copy, 2 lines missing. Looks like i'm going to have to upgrade to 16.1 again just in case something else is missing

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 20, 2017
Don't know if you've copied incorrectly or its like that in the script but POLIWHIRL is spelt wrong, you've got RI not IR

My bad putting the code here. In the code I wrote the right internal name of the species.

Anyway, i tried with Rattata too and nothing.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen today
On a new downloaded copy

Message: undefined method `displayGender' for #<PokeBattle_FakeBattler:0xbcfae18>
PokeBattle_Scene:638:in `refresh'
PokeBattle_Scene:565:in `initialize'
PokeBattle_Scene:1894:in `new'
PokeBattle_Scene:1894:in `pbStartBattle'
PokeBattle_SafariZone:110:in `pbStartBattle'
PBattle_Safari:114:in `pbSafariBattle'
PBattle_Safari:113:in `pbSceneStandby'
PBattle_Safari:115:in `pbSafariBattle'
PBattle_Safari:112:in `pbBattleAnimation'
PBattle_Safari:112:in `pbSafariBattle'

only occurs when encountering a pokemon in the safari

Backburner26

Pokemon Lavender Spirit Creator
Years
Hey, i just got this message while testing out my game. It only happens when a pokemon uses growl against one of your pokemon.

---------------------------
Pokemon BurningBlue
Message: undefined method `&' for #<PokeBattle_Battler:0xb13f688>
PokeBattle_Battler:781:in `pbIsOpposing?'
PokeBattle_BattlerEffects:854:in `pbReduceStat'
PokeBattle_MoveEffects:1775:in `pbEffect'
PokeBattle_Battler:2705:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'
PokeBattle_Battler:2661:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battler:2661:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'
PokeBattle_Battler:3149:in `pbUseMove'
PokeBattle_Battler:3129:in `loop'
PokeBattle_Battler:3152:in `pbUseMove'
PokeBattle_Battler:3348:in `pbProcessTurn'

Any help?
EDIT: For some reason, it only seems to be Prinplup That the growl glitch is affecting. I had a zigzagoon use growl on other Pokemon and the glitch never happened.

EDIT2: Hey guys, I decided to go looking in the code and have a look to see what was going on, and I think some of the abilities are a bit glitched. I just removed the DEFIANT ability from my Prinplup and it worked just normally, so could you guys fix the abilities. I don't know if it affects similar ones to Defiant but it might.

Last edited:

Backburner26

Pokemon Lavender Spirit Creator
Years
Hey, I have been playing my game and the move Bug Bite always brings up this error, could someone please fix this and the last error I posted please.

Exception: NameError
Message: undefined local variable or method `ret' for #<PokeBattle_Move_0F4:0xaf8b6b0>
PokeBattle_MoveEffects:6851:in `pbEffectAfterHit'
PokeBattle_Battler:2841:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'
PokeBattle_Battler:3149:in `pbUseMove'
PokeBattle_Battler:3129:in `loop'
PokeBattle_Battler:3152:in `pbUseMove'
PokeBattle_Battler:3348:in `pbProcessTurn'
PokeBattle_Battler:3347:in `logonerr'
PokeBattle_Battler:3347:in `pbProcessTurn'
PokeBattle_Battle:2944:in `pbAttackPhase'
PokeBattle_Battle:2941:in `each'

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 21, 2024
The screen doesn't seem to fade properly when loading up a map from starting a save or warping to a map in debug mode. This happens with both clean v16 and 16.1.

N27Vnnw.gif

EDIT: This issue is inconsistent, sometimes I get it sometimes I don't. But I never encountered it at all until I upgraded to v16.1. I'll investigate further to see if it's an issue on my end.

EDIT2: The issue seems to be coming from one of the changes made in the "Transitions" section of the scripts. I replaced the entire Transitions script in v16.1 with the one in v15.1 and the issue is gone now.

Last edited:

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
Years
There seems to be some issues with battle moves.

All recoil attacks are broken. If you knock out the Pokemon you are attacking, you take no recoil.
All pseduo-hazing moves (whirlwind, roar, etc.) are broken. If you use one, the opposing Pokemon uses the same move twice in that turn (once before you Roar/Whirlwind, once after).
I'm sure there are other errors too... Just haven't come across them yet.

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2022
It seems that the Hoopa Form's causes an error message when using Fill Storage Box in Debug Mode

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9071035&postcount=745
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9077036&postcount=752

It seems that the "timenow=pbGetTimeNow" OR "if pokemon.form>0 && (!pokemon.formTime ||
timenow.to_i>pokemon.formTime.to_i+60*60*24*3) # 3 days" OR ""onSetForm"=>proc{|pokemon,form|
pokemon.formTime=(form>0) ? pbGetTimeNow.to_i : nil" does not work well.

If I add an invented name, the error message does not appear when using Fill Storage Box:
MultipleForms.register(:RANDOM,{
Spoiler:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other Bugs:
Aerodactyl used Substitute
Basculin used Scald, break the substitute and burns Aerodactyl

The opposing Vulpix use Toxic Spikes, but when I change pokemon appears an error message. (the game is not closed)
PokeBattle_Battle:2270:in `pbOnActiveOne'
PokeBattle_Battle:1472:in `pbRecallAndReplace'
PokeBattle_Battle:2883:in `pbAttackPhase'
PokeBattle_Battle:2850:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battle:2850:in `pbAttackPhase'
PokeBattle_Battle:2653:in `pbStartBattleCore'
PokeBattle_Battle:2652:in `logonerr'
PokeBattle_Battle:2652:in `pbStartBattleCore'
PokeBattle_Battle:2638:in `loop'
PokeBattle_Battle:2661:in `pbStartBattleCore'

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2022
More Bugs:
Pikachu with ability Lightnind Rod hits with Thunder to use their own.
Focus Band is enabled without having lost all their PS (half life e.g.) I'm sorry,I have misunderstood the text, Hoopa Magician ability stole the focus band
14.%20sneeze.gif

Gastrodon with ability Storm Drain hits with Muddy Water to use their own.

In PokeBattle_Battler before line if i.hasWorkingAbility(:STORMDRAIN) and if i.hasWorkingAbility(:LIGHTNINGROD)
I changed next if target.index==i.index for next if !pbIsOpposing?(i.index) and now Storm Drain and Lightninrod works fine.

EDIT:
Deoxys used Fly
Venusaur used Toxic, but appears an error message. (the game is not closed)
DrawText:215:in `toUnformattedText'
DrawText:225:in `unformattedTextLength'
SpriteWindow:3558:in `setText'
SpriteWindow:3531:in `text='
PokeBattle_Scene:1422:in `pbDisplayMessage'
PokeBattle_Battle:2439:in `pbDisplay'
PokeBattle_BattlerEffects:206:in `pbPoison'
PokeBattle_MoveEffects:234:in `pbEffect'
PokeBattle_Battler:2723:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'
PokeBattle_Battler:2679:in `each'

Last edited:

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
Years
I got this error, after my Pokemon fainted. It didn't cause the game to crash though, and everything kept working properly.
Spoiler:

EDIT: Also got this error, I recorded a video of it. Both are "ret" errors and might be similar in nature. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXUUdVIsbLg

Last edited:
Back