• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

.parado✗

paranormal user
Years
1: you go to irfanview and "image" - "decrease colour depth"
2: Choose 16 colours.
3: goto "image" - "palette" - "edit palette"
4: Choose as first colour (background) any colour thats not anywhere else.
5: Save the screen (its mixed up) as Titlescreen 2 or something.
6: open the old titlescreen and the titlescreen 2 with paint XP.
7: Copy the old titlescreen and paste it into titlescreen 2.
8: Your titlescreen 2 looks normal again! Save it.

Thats it. ;D

Now my Question!:

Well, does someone know how to insert bigger images for the oak intro background?
Whenever i do so in UNLZ gba, this appears.
The sprite is with something strange surrounded!

DNA.png

How to fix , or how to avoid that? Thank you.

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
I have a question. Hope someone can answer.

Game: Pokemon Fire Red
Under the Wild Pokemon tab in A-Map, there are four types of terrain you can choose to have wild Pokemon in - grass, tree, fishing rod, and water. My problem comes in when I get to the Fishing Rod section. How do I know what Pokemon slots are being used by the Old Rod? There are ten wild Pokemon slots in the Fishing Rod section. I'm not sure what slots are being used up by the Old Rod (as well as the Good Rod and the Super Rod).

Thanks for your time in advanced!

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
I have a question. Hope someone can answer.

Game: Pokemon Fire Red
Under the Wild Pokemon tab in A-Map, there are four types of terrain you can choose to have wild Pokemon in - grass, tree, fishing rod, and water. My problem comes in when I get to the Fishing Rod section. How do I know what Pokemon slots are being used by the Old Rod? There are ten wild Pokemon slots in the Fishing Rod section. I'm not sure what slots are being used up by the Old Rod (as well as the Good Rod and the Super Rod).

Thanks for your time in advanced!

Percentages.png

There ya go.

Years
  • Seen Dec 5, 2023
1: you go to irfanview and "image" - "decrease colour depth"
2: Choose 16 colours.
3: goto "image" - "palette" - "edit palette"
4: Choose as first colour (background) any colour thats not anywhere else.
5: Save the screen (its mixed up) as Titlescreen 2 or something.
6: open the old titlescreen and the titlescreen 2 with paint XP.
7: Copy the old titlescreen and paste it into titlescreen 2.
8: Your titlescreen 2 looks normal again! Save it.

So I keep doing this much, like every inserting tutorial instructs, but every time I copy the old sprite over the new, the resultant image goes back to being un-indexed.
Suggestions? I've tried the original sprite both indexed and un-indexed.

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
So I keep doing this much, like every inserting tutorial instructs, but every time I copy the old sprite over the new, the resultant image goes back to being un-indexed.
Suggestions? I've tried the original sprite both indexed and un-indexed.

Are you using Paint? You can't use Paint. You need to use something like GIMP2.
I have a tutorial on indexing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT7-EedW7Dg

Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2014
XSE won't let me edit scripts, it only lets me save them as new files to have on my computer.

You need to delete the offset in XSE.

XSE doesn't let me edit scripts, it just lets me save them as new files...

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Now my Question!:

Well, does someone know how to insert bigger images for the oak intro background?
Whenever i do so in UNLZ gba, this appears.
The sprite is with something strange surrounded!

DNA.png

How to fix , or how to avoid that? Thank you.

The first two tiles in your background's new tileset must be transparent. You need to have both of them transparent because the Professor Oak sprite's tilemap which overlays the entire screen is displayed in 256 colours which crunches regular 16 colour tiles together (You can see this if you look at the Tile Viewer of your Emulator and switch between the two colour display options).

? I wasn't asking anything...

itman was correcting your statement that Paint can't be used at all. While its true that the newer Windows 7 version of Paint doesn't support indexed images or transparency, the older ones do. People interested in looking to downgrade their Paint can follow a tutorial like this one - I reverted back a long time ago since I find it is the easiest image editor to work with by far.

XSE won't let me edit scripts, it only lets me save them as new files to have on my computer.

XSE doesn't let me edit scripts, it just lets me save them as new files...

Are you just clicking on the 'Save Script' icon which looks like a floppy disk? You need to click on the 'Compile' icon which looks like two cogs in order to insert your new/ edited scripts into the game.

thanethane98

Self Proclaimed Expert
Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2013
I've been looking at creating Pokemarts in XSE recently. While being able to define the items is great, is there a way to define the price for the items?

P.S. If this needs to go in the Script Help thread, tell and I'll move it there.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
I've been looking at creating Pokemarts in XSE recently. While being able to define the items is great, is there a way to define the price for the items?

P.S. If this needs to go in the Script Help thread, tell and I'll move it there.

Item prices can be defined in Item Editor. There's a price field you can change.

Can you put contests in pokemon fire red?

No.

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2016
Nintendo say its not true about the owning the game stuff-Still illegal by them, but its not like I'd make any profit or distribute my hacking. Cheers for answering my question.

Last edited:

Herpahermaderp

I liek Mudkipz
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 3, 2017
Surely one of the more experienced hackers can answer my question?
:(
Scroll up 4 My question.
Plz?
Thanks

Just so you know, your question was deleted by DrFuji.

Hey. Im interested in hacking FireRed , but it's not possible to put your ROM hack back onto the real firered cart is it? I 'd have to buy some flashcart. Also, I'm slightly concerned about legality issues.
I would like to hack to just slightly tweak stuff. Ive watched lots of advance map tutorials-The videos make it seem pretty simple, but idk. My big question:
On AdvanceMap, can you use the coded ruby and sapphire trainer sprites and music?
Because I wanted to put Maxie and Archie in the game...Also, how could I make them and the gym leaders trigger rematches without VS Seeker? I was thinking like every time you beat the elite four but surely there's something easier?
My main point is: I would like to play on my GBA, not a PC.
Thanks.

Unless if you were talking about this one. No, you can't load your ROM onto a real Fire Red cartridge, so yes, you'd have to buy a flashcart. It's only illegal if you don't own the game. Yes, you can have Maxie and Archie in your games, all you would have to do is insert new scripts for them and the sprites are already in the game. The last question I cannot answer, for IDK anything about the VS Seeker or it's functions.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2016
You sort of can. In B2/W2, after conpleting the national pokedex, Professor Juniper gives you an item that increases shiny encounter rate. Also, there is the masuda method in gen 4/5-Breed your pokemon with one from a different language game, and the offspring has a higher chance of being shiny.
Those are the only affecting factors I think-
Its up to chance-Only 1/8192 Pokemon are shiny without either of the above methods.

Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2014
You sort of can. In B2/W2, after conpleting the national pokedex, Professor Juniper gives you an item that increases shiny encounter rate. Also, there is the masuda method in gen 4/5-Breed your pokemon with one from a different language game, and the offspring has a higher chance of being shiny.
Those are the only affecting factors I think-
Its up to chance-Only 1/8192 Pokemon are shiny without either of the above methods.

Dude, I mean is there any way I can hack it so that the 1/8192 is a higher chance, like say 1/5000 or whatever.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Sorry if this has been asked somewhere back on page 367 of 924, but I didn't feel like searching back that far. ;)

In the Block Editor in AdvanceMap, which I'm toying with for the first time trying to fix some tile issues in a hack, I'm trying to figure out which flag makes a character (or Hero) hide behind the tile when standing in the spot that tile is on. I already know "??? [00]" hides the player behind a tile. However, there are tiles that use transparency to reveal a tile underneath.

In my example, the area behind the Gym is accessible, but it also has snow on it. The way this tile has been set up by the designer is that the building tile is the base tile and the snow is the second tile. You can walk onto the Gym tiles (as in walking behind the Gym) to hide behind them and they work for hiding behind the snow. However, now I need to hide behind the building tile itself. Can I do this?

Assuming I can, that will take care of one tile. I then have one more complication as pictured below:

pokmonlightplatinum4646.png

In this case, the Hero should be seen behind the upper-left segment, but not the rest. Because of the extreme corner being in the right segment (the part hidden behind), it causes him to hide behind the extreme corner, but the transparency in the snow tiles causes him to appear in the pink areas:

pokmonlightplatinum4742.png

I'm thinking I might have to remove the snow from these tiles. Thought I'd ask for help first. :)

Cyclone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back