• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
It's not really the problem where to get them, but the rules say you have to get one before the first Gym. Thanks for helping, though.
I've got X today, by the way. I love it ^_^

Also, for updates, next Monday I'm going to Herne Bay in England with school. I will start Earthburst's Ruby there on my smartphone, and play through X for the first time, but HeartGold will lay still for that time. But I will go further on that this weekend.
5. If the Pokemon you want to use for your solo run is not available before the first gym or in the game at all, you may either hack in the Pokemon or trade in as an egg. Yes, you may use Egg Moves and Hidden Abilities if you have access to them.
The word "may" implies that it's optional, not required, that you have them before the first gym. But as was said above, trading is a good option. I know plenty of people in TC, including myself, who could help you.

Proteun

Unofficial PokéMusic Composer
Years
Thanks for helping everyone, but either way I'm first going to play through X normally. That's what I will mostly do in Herne Bay.

Anyway, I might as well upload my HeartGold progress here.

Challenge:
Spoiler:

Wow. Just... Wow. I really, really hate that stupid Kingdra with its stupid Hydro Pump with its stupid 4x type advantage. I won't use the words that I feel like using now, but it was just horrible. It just 1HKO'd us all the time while being 22 levels lower than Earthburst!
I followed the advice for Feraligatr13 - to use a huge lot of X Special Defense - and that worked in the end. I never thought I was going to use those items in the future, though.

Yeah, I've defeated the Elite Four and Champion. Went on and just defeated Lt. Surge too.

...And Sabrina. Since Kanto will be covered quite quickly, I won't put more text over here.

Same tactique for Erika as for Clair, I swear it was the only way.

I tried to beat Red, but couldn't at level 89. I'm training now. I am positive that I will finish HeartGold tomorrow - which is great, because I will start Ruby on Monday.

ruplvk.png
Dat moveset tho

Pokémon HeartGold screens:
Spoiler:

Pokémon HeartGold HM Slaves:
Spoiler:

Ugh. I almost, almost, almost had Red, but it has really become too late now seeing that I need to go away early tomorrow.
As I said, I'm going to Britain tomorrow, and will Ruby there. I guess Red will have to wait till I come back. Anyway, goodbye everyone, until next Saturday or so.

Last edited:

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Update #1: Infernape - Black
Either today is wednesday or I'm really bad at actually updating when I say I'm going to (I vote for the second one, 'cause I'm quite enjoying the weekend). Solo runs with fully-evolved Pokémon are never too difficult, so this one isn't either. This one does make me remember why I like Infernape the best out of the three Sinnoh starters (the fact that it's partially a Fire type probably matters most but meh). I'm trying to branch out a bit and do other challenges, but I keep coming back to solo runs and I can't get rid of them (not that I really want to :))

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:
392.png

Jojo the Rash Infernape (M) @ Lv.37
Ability: Blaze
Item: Charcoal
Close Combat
Mach Punch
Ember
Flame Wheel

HM Slave(s):
Spoiler:

Years
This is my first challenge run, so I might as well do it with my favorite Pokemon! =)

Username: RyanR
Pokemon of Choice: Bulbasaur
Challenge: Single
Game: Blue

Bulbasaur update #1

I beat the first two gyms and the rival fight at nugget bridge with relative ease. The only part that gave me any problems was the rival fight, because his Pidgeotto loved to spam sand-attack.

But anyways about my Bulbasaur, this is the move set I what him to have:

-Take Down
-Sleep Powder
-SolarBeam
-Mega Drain

(Am I allowed to use PP UPs? And if so does anybody happen to know where all of them are? Also am I allowed to use items such a X Accuracy?)

Thats about it for today, I'll probably work on it more tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
(Am I allowed to use PP UPs? And if so does anybody happen to know where all of them are? Also am I allowed to use items such a X Accuracy?)

The answer to both your questions is yes. Sadly I don't know where all the PP Ups are, though you should be able to find out on Serebii or Google. :)

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
It's been a while since I updated on my budew solo, because a) budew is NOT strong enough to beat team galactic at the summit so I have to grind for a while and b) I've been doing... another solo alongside it. right now that one's secret...

Proteun

Years
Well, there you go. I'm back, and just done with Red. As I said, I had actually nothing to do more than battling him again so it was quite easy.
That being said, it did take a level 100 Golem, 4 X Defend, 6 X Special Defense, 4 X Speed, an X Special and an unknown amount of Max Potions under 11 to get there. Oh well.

Challenge:
Spoiler:

Pokémon HeartGold screens:
Spoiler:

Pokémon HeartGold HM Slaves:
Spoiler:

Also I started Ruby in Britain as promised, but most of the time was taken up by X. I will now send that save file to my laptop so it'll be finished quicker.

Pokémon Ruby screens:
Spoiler:

Sorry about the bad graphics at Brawly. I will change that one as soon as I can. The screenshots on the smartphone emulator I use are a bit delayed, and I make phone screenshots for if that doesn't work. EDIT: Well, there you go. It still doesn't work. I guess I'll keep it in for now...

Pokémon Ruby HM Slaves:
Spoiler:

Went on at my laptop as you can see. Wattson was, let's say, not much of a challenge.

I met this girl called Flannery (again) and beat her up with my type advantage (again). I know she loves all of my Pokémon, no matter if they're Water or Rock/Ground type.

Oh, and my father is a ****.
2rz4eae.png

But he's weak too, so I forgive him.

Winona took me literally 1 PP of Rollout.

Hm? What about the twins? Oh, you know. SOLARBEAM...

I managed to prevent Wallace from using Water-type moves by spamming Earthquake. Let's just hope we can take on the water moves in the Elite Four.

So we could! See next post.

Last edited:
Years
Username: Kostucha
Pokemon of Choice: Togepi/Togetic/Togekiss
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): LeafGreen, HeartGold, Emerald, Platinum, Black 2, X
Just finished Leaf Green, but I don't have enough posts to give pictures. I don't want to write 12 random posts on the forum just to proove my victory, so is there an other way to proove that?

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
Years
I've got some spare time, so I guess I will just do a Mantine run :P

Code:
Username: Blu·Ray
Game: Emerald
Pokémon: Mantine

Also, James, I have an ultimate solo challenge which was finished back then, but more generations have been added since... I might continue it at a later point, but I would like for you to change the username from daniehej to Blu·Ray on that one as well as my 4"4Hy challenge ;)
Additionally, I've done a Joey run a little while ago which I would like to have added:
Code:
Username: Blu·Ray
Game: SoulSilver
Pokémon: Rattata

Avadon14

Little Pocket Monster
Years
Username: Avadon14
Pokemon of Choice: Cyndaquil -> Quilava -> Typhlosion
Challenge:Ultimate
Games: Fire Red -> Gold -> Ruby -> Platinum -> White -> X
I'll get started on tihis pronto, and I will try out chronicling this out like a fanfic of sorts~ I ended up NOT doing it... I forgot it Orz

Last edited:

Abby

#freecoffee
Years
Username:megaabsol -
Pokemon of Choice:swoobat
Challenge: (Single or Ultimate)single
Game(s):white

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
Username: Natnew
Pokemon of Choice: Happiny
Challenge: (Single or Ultimate) single
Game(s): Pearl

Happy april fools day!

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Update #2: Infernape - Black
This time I've already defeated the Elite Four and Ghetsis (and the last four badges), so all that's left is the postgame and Elite Four again plus Alder.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:
392.png

Jojo the Rash Infernape (M) @ Lv.74
Ability: Blaze
Close Combat
Acrobatics
Shadow Claw
Flame Wheel

And a new sign-up:
Username: Buzz Buzz
Pokémon: Poliwrath
Game: Leaf Green

Proteun

Years
Challenge:
Spoiler:

Pokémon Ruby screens:
Spoiler:

Pokémon Ruby HM Slaves:
Spoiler:

Okay, so since we finished Ruby, I'll be looking for some ways to hack the starters and evolutions of Platinum. Has anyone got advice for this?

EDIT: Actually, I didn't want to spend a ton of time looking for good editors this time. I found the awesome PokéSpam editors, and I will just be using those. James, can I still change my challenge? Instead of Platinum, I will be playing Pearl.

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Username: alvmonster
Pokemon of Choice: Magmar
Game(s): Red, Gold, Ruby, Diamond, White (I don't have Y yet v.v)

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
EDIT: Actually, I didn't want to spend a ton of time looking for good editors this time. I found the awesome PokéSpam editors, and I will just be using those. James, can I still change my challenge? Instead of Platinum, I will be playing Pearl.
It is never too late to change your game :)

Game(s): Red, Gold, Ruby, Diamond, White (I don't have Y yet v.v)
Sorry but playing either Pokemon X or Y is mandatory for an ultimate challenge. If you plan to get it the add it to your sign-up but if you don't then you may only sign-up for single challenges. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Sorry but playing either Pokemon X or Y is mandatory for an ultimate challenge. If you plan to get it the add it to your sign-up but if you don't then you may only sign-up for single challenges. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Game(s): Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back