• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"The Best Defense is a Good Offense" [Steel-Type Fan Club]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
Welcome to Steel-Type Fan Club!

pokemon-steel-types-shesa-slyviper-deviantart_941504.jpg

Introduction
Steel is the sturdiest type in the game with 11 resistances and 1 immunity. As such, Steel-type Pokémon will make sure that their opponents tremble in defeat as they attempt to harm their majestic, clad armors in vain.

Rules
1. Follow the Pokécommunity Rules.
2. Stay on topic. Please don't sabotage unless you're a co-owner making a new topic.
3. It's okay to post if you're not a member, but if you find yourself posting often, why not join? :)
4. Have fun. :)

Denied Access
This section is for severe rule-breakers within this club, and will only be used in extreme circumstances. If you are on this list, you cannot post in this thread until the date specified. Should any "denied" members ignore this and post nevertheless, I will notify the moderators for possible further actions.

No-one is currently in this list. :)

Sign-up Form
Username/Nickname:
Partner(s) - You can pick up to 2 different Partners from the list below:
What made you join this club?
What is your favorite Steel-type Pokémon?

Steel-type Pokémon
magnemite.png
magneton.png
forretress.png
steelix.png
scizor.png
skarmory.png
mawile.png
aron.png
lairon.png
aggron.png
beldum.png
metang.png
metagross.png
registeel.png
jirachi.png
empoleon.png
shieldon.png
bastiodon.png
wormadam-trash.png
bronzor.png
bronzong.png
lucario.png
magnezone.png
probopass.png
dialga.png
heatran.png
arceus-steel.png
excadrill.png
escavalier.png
ferroseed.png
ferrothorn.png
klink.png
klang.png
klinklang.png
pawniard.png
bisharp.png
durant.png
cobalion.png
genesect.png
honedge.png
doublade.png

aegislash.png
klefki.png

Owner

zomgitscathy
303.png

Co-Owners
Co-owners, along with myself, can start new topics. However, anyone can start one if no new topic has been posted for 1 week.

Castform
632.png
(Hector)

Members

[supporter]Seattle[/supporter]
462.png
493-steel.png

Aslan
82.png
(Poncho)
[supporter]Hikamaru[/supporter]
448.png

KriegStein
306.png

Troock
625.png
(Zoro)
376.png
(Stark)
CloysterOyster
208.png
212.png

Squirrel
379.png
437.png

TrainerMusaddiq
448.png
483.png

Lilith
227.png
385.png

ShadowE
306.png
(Archon)
530.png
(Tempest)
Arron13
306.png
411.png

Pokemount
208.png

Youngster Timmy
208.png

[supporter]Radiance[/supporter]
227.png
411.png

Shizzable
306.png

GoldenRayquaza
448.png
(Luinaro)
306.png
(Rocky)
Fading Tree
530.png
(Escallade)
437.png
(Tacobelle)
Skulle
212.png
(Scizz)
DarkEmeraldRarity
395.png
(Trident)
437.png
(Bling-Bell)
Dxnatta
82.png

Cirno
303.png
227.png

Rainecho
649.png

Nymphadora
485.png
205.png

ArceusIsPower
208.png

Current Topic
What's your favorite steel type combination?

Past Topics
Spoiler:

Ongoing Events

Userbars
SteelTypeFanClubUserbar1_zps04ffc947.png
SteelTypeFanClubUserbar2_zpsd6993f02.png
Uh21Jme.gif
ZoKi62w.gif
tRKFWYo.gif
7IlRY6Y.gif

*Created by: [user]Troock[/user]
**Created by: [user]Fading Tree[/user]

Banners

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Steeling the first signup! Did you see what I did there? ;D

Bad jokes aside, this looks like a really cool club!

Username/Nickname: Narnia
Partner: Poncho the Magneton

I've had a steel type in almost every one of my Pokemon teams and the fact that they have immunities to Poison along with resistances to several other types, make them a reliable choice for any team. They're not all about stall though- they're the style I like! Bulky offense. Hyper offense just goes too far, since they're generally rather frail teams, steel-types can be the ones who can sweep while also tanking a few good hits. In-game wise, they're fun to use! I really love Magnezone, its by far my MVP in Black 2, having troubles with basically nothing. I really like all of the Pokemon that belong to the steel-typing because they all look incredibly badass. While steel never took my interest until late last year, they'll continue to be a staple on my teams just because they're so fun and reliable to count on. They also make reliable alloys in double battles! Even if my puns are onixceptable they'll evolve and stop being so tearable. D;

These questions are as hard as the steel-type's defenses itself. I really have a lot of favourites out there. I'd have to say I really like Magneton for some reason. I never took interest to it until last year? I started using it on Black 2 and since then I've tried to cram it into every team possible. Its just so useful and with Magnet Rise it can get rid of its major weaknesses. Then there's Skarmory! I actually really like it because its the mascot of a LPer that I sometimes watch. But there's also the fact that it's a steel bird that can do almost anything and defys the odds. If I put metal on a bird I'm pretty sure it'd be sent to the ground, crushed by the weight- but nope Skarmory just keeps flying. What a badass bird. I also really like Scizor but I'm not exactly too sure why. :p

(Also I'm reallyyy sorry for all the bad puns I made in this post)

Years
Username/Nickname: Hikari10 (Hikari)
Partner: Lucario

The fact it has been ages since we last had a club for Steel-type Pokemon, and I was part of the last club (whose owner sadly isn't here anymore) so I thought hey why not join the new incarnation of the club? Not to mention how cool they are.

Lucario, I always loved using it and it proved a good team member on my Black 2 run, while I have since replaced him with a Scrafty to cut down a Fire weakness present on my team he was still a formidable team member who destroyed most of the story. I also love his awesome attacks like his signature Aura Sphere. And there's also the likes of Excadrill, Scizor and the Magnemite line due to how great they perform in battle.

BurningLanguages

Student Linguist
Years
I'm just stopping by to say Good luck with your new group Seattle :). We both reserved our groups at the same time and it looks like you're off to a good start! The Steel-type is an interesting type for sure....See you around!

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeah! Steel team for the win!
Username/Nickname: KriegStein
Partner: Aggron
Other than steel being one of my main types? I guess because I love steel pokemon. :D
Aggron...duh. Because its like a panzer dragon. Or a armored dinosaur. I mean what can be cooler? Nothing pretty much. Yeah I like many steel type pokemon but 3gen was the first I owned so Aggron holds a special place in my team.

Troock

Whatever Forever
Years
Definitely joining this one.

Username/Nickname: Troock
Partner(s) - You can pick up to 2 different Partners from the list below: Zoro the Bisharp and Stark the Metagross
What made you join this club? Steel, dark and fire are my favorite types
What is your favorite Steel-type Pokémon? Oh god, I have never been really good at picking absolute favorites, but I can give you a list of some of my favorites:

- Steelix: Steelix is just so huge and indestructible, and I love the constant grin on his face when he crushes his enemies.

- Scizor: Scizor has to be the coolest pokemon ever made. Unfortunately he is not as indestructible and powerful as most other steel types, but he's still f*cking awesome.

- Aron, Lairon, Aggron: three dinosaur-like creatures with bodies made out of steel? That just screams awesomeness AND powerfulness.

- Beldum, Metang, Metagross: I just love their design (especially Metang's and Metagross's) and, like most steel types, they are big, indestructible and powerful.

- Lucario: Lucario is kinda like Scizor (he is also really cool, but isn't really like most steel types), only Lucario also uses special attacks (aura attacks).

- Pawniard, Bisharp: You just gotta love their design. I also love the Steel/Dark combination.

PS: Also, can I make some userbars for the club?
PSS: One more thing, can you please add a system like in the Blazing Inferno 2 club. That makes the club a lot more fun. :)

Last edited:
Years
Welcome aboard, Troock.

Yes, you can make some userbars, you can PM me once you're done.

The points system can be a bit complicated to maintain on my part, though if the club gets big enough I could implement them in some way. However I will hold events once in while.

Sirfetch’d

Definitely joining this club and really beautiful CSS btw!

Username/Nickname: jellicentfan1/ jelli

Partner(s) - Hector the Durant
Ani632MS.png

Many things really! I feel that Steel types are severely underrated because they aren't as common as other types and they don't have a huge offensive presence except for a select few. Defensive mons tend to be a bit harder to raise, but it is worth it in the end having a Pokemon with many resistances and able to take hits. Steel Pokemon fit that role of being hard to take down while still Powerful enough to deal damage to the other Pokemon. There are great offensive steel types as well such as Scizor, Genesect, Durant, Escavalier, etc. So basically you can just say I am very high on steel types and I just love everything about them.

Really hard for me to pick a favorite here because I love them all really. I am a huge fan of Scizor, Skarmory, Bronzong, Durant, Heatran, Magnemite, and Jirachi. If I had to pick an overall favorite though it would be Scizor because I have always been able to use him successfully and he always seems to make am impact on my teams. He has a beautifully constructed design and looks completely badass.

Spr_5b_212_m.png

Years
Welcome to the club, [supporter]jellicent1[/supporter].

In other news, I've put up a new topic up for discussion, as I felt that the old topic was too similar to the question in sign-up form.

Sirfetch’d

Ohhh nice new topic! Steel types don't have a huge movepool so this wasn't a hard decision for me. Bullet Punch is easily my favorite steel move. Not only does it have priority, but gets a technician boost from Scizor as well and just overall makes for a very powerful move. It destroys anything that doesn't resist it.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Username: CloysterOyster
Partners: Steelix and Scizor
steelix.png
scizor.png

Why I joined this club: I love Steel-types, powerful and impervious to alot of damage.
Favorite Steel-type: I really like Steelix because of its intimidating appearance and overall power. I also fancy Scizor because of its warrior-like attitude, speed and power.

Years
Welcome to the club, CloysterOyster.

To answer my own question, my favorite Steel-type move is Doom Desire, because it's such a limited and cool move to use as a signature move for Jirachi. Shame that it's not as useful as it sounds, though.

Sirfetch’d

To answer my own question, my favorite Steel-type move is Doom Desire, because it's such a limited and cool move to use as a signature move for Jirachi. Shame that it's not as useful as it sounds, though.

I love Doom Desire, and I actually tried using it competitively. I think it is an extremely underrated move tbh.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
To answer the current topic, my favourite steel-type move depends on what Pokemon its used by. To be honest steel isn't the fastest type out there, so Gyro Ball really packs a punch, KOing fast Pokemon that think they can switch in safely. Its very handy but its usefulness depends on what Pokemon its used by and what its up against, so Gyro Ball depends on the situation but is still one of my favourite moves. However I think my vote has to go to Flash Cannon, its a rather unusual steel type move being special based but it has a good chance of lowering Special Defense which is quite nice and its so reliable compared to other strong moves.

To be honest, I haven't heard of Doom Desire, probably because I haven't used a Jirachi before. The move itself sounds pretty badass though. XD

Troock

Whatever Forever
Years
The points system can be a bit complicated to maintain on my part, though if the club gets big enough I could implement them in some way. However I will hold events once in while.

I can completely understand that. Events are also really fun though!

What is your favorite Steel-type move?
I am going to say Iron Head to this one. It has a power of 80, 100% accuracy, 15 PP and it has a chance of making the target flinch. That just sounds like an awesome move to me.

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
Hmm. Favourite steel type move... Hmm. Going old school im going to say iron tail. I dunno why. I just enjoyd using it. (also didnt it have a chance to lover the foes defence?)

Sirfetch’d

Hmm. Favourite steel type move... Hmm. Going old school im going to say iron tail. I dunno why. I just enjoyd using it. (also didnt it have a chance to lover the foes defence?)

I really like this move because it is really powerful and the defense drop is great. I guess people don't use it because of it's bad accuracy(75%).

Years
To be honest, I haven't heard of Doom Desire, probably because I haven't used a Jirachi before. The move itself sounds pretty badass though. XD

Doom Desire is basically a much stronger steel-type version of Future Sight. It's powerful but difficult to use to your advantage. Its animation rocks, though.

Anyways, since everybody has answered the topic and it'll probably fizzle out, I've put up our next topic.

Sirfetch’d

Ohhh which is the most powerful? hmmmm. This is pretty hard because there are many steel types that are really strong. You have Scizor, Jirachi, Genesect, Arceus, and Heatran who are probably the most powerful. I am going to go with Arceus though as it's stats are just unmatched and with access to Calm Mind and Judgement it can rip an entire team apart all by itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back