• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waflix

Silver
Years
I'm trying to create a hack for Pokémon FireRed, but I need some help. I have three questions on how to do something.

How do I edit the background here?
waflix.net16.net/PKMNOB/1.PNG*

How do I edit this sprite?
waflix.net16.net/PKMNOB/2.PNG*

Solved!

* Since I don't have 15 posts yet, I can't include links.

Last edited:

Jana Cutler

James_Cutler
Years
Does anybody know where can I find this script?

"Prof Birch: oh hi player! i heard you beat rival on your first try...."

Pokemon emerald..

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Are there any ASM tutorials on how to start using ASM and the basics of ASM. If not it would be really nice if someone made one.

This might be what you're looking for. I don't know how much simpler it gets than that~

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
I was looking around to see if there is a way to create moves or add moves for rom hacks. I looked around in the tools threads, but I didn't see anything about it; only things about covering how to to edit what moves do/etc.

RTD

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2011
Create your own pokemon on a mac

Hello!

I'm trying to create my own pokemons for my rom on a mac. I got all the .exe programs working with 'Crossover'.

I'm using
- YAPE 0.9 (to change name and give own moves and evolution tree etc.)
- PokePic (Sprite change for ruby rom)
- unLZ.GBA (Sprite change for fire red rom)

The problems I'm having is with PokePic and unLZ. They both export the .png all wrong. (see attachment)

Does anyone knows how to fix this? I'm stuck and google didn't helped me out.

RTD

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2018
I have problems inserting new sprites into my firered game.
I use irfanview to index the sprite. Then, I find free space, and I use unlz-gba to write the new sprite into the game. I then use RS-Ball to change the pointers for a trainer. This works sometimes, but recently all I have been getting is a black screen when I verse the trainer.

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
Is there a Type Strength/Resistance Editor that allows me to add new strengths and weaknesses? For example, I would like to add a few resistances(grass, ground, and flying) since it lacks any sort of resistance other than itself.

I'm also trying to use Darthatron's ATE, but it still doesn't work for me when I put the missing files in system32.

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
Unfortunately, that one requires you to replace a type weakness/resistance in order to add one. I definitely don't want to remove any resistances; I would like to add a few, XD.

Is there any other tools?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2018
Thanks for the program MayanMan, but I still get a black screen when the battle starts. What could I be doing wrong? Is it this picture?
tanner5-1.png

Or this recolor of the same trainer?
tanner7.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2011
Sappphire.ini

Could someone please provide me with a sapphire.ini file please? :D

Years
Hi I know this will probably sound stupid as I'm about to ask the opposite of what most pokedex related questions are but since I can't figure it out and there seem to be no posts on it I'll still ask it:

How do I REMOVE Pokemon from the pokedex (so there are only #1-151) and so that when you catch all of them (only the 151) you can get your diploma?

Also I would like to add a bonus Pokemon (Missingno.) that you do not have to catch to receive the diploma.

The rom I am attempting to hack is Pokemon FireRed US (CoolROM)

This would be greatly appreciated^^ (if you can help me of course)

Thanks in advance (map ;P)

Pokeshadow13

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2012
Hey guys, I have a few questions that I couldn't find answers to anywhere on the forums, but I figure I should ask them one at a time so....

First off: I am getting ready to try adding 5th gen sprites to a FireRed hack, and I needed to know a couple things.

When I look through the list of sprites in unLZ, the sprites are listed in National Dex order, with each pokemon having 2 sprites in a row. The first is the front sprite (the one you see when fighting the pokemon), and the second being the back sprite. The front sprites are normal, but the back sprites are in shiny coloration. What's up with that? If I insert 4th/5th gen sprites, should I insert Shiny backsprites? My guess is that the game automatically imports the shiny coloration from the backsprite when appropriate and vice-versa. Is this correct?

And, I wanted to know if there is any way to import the Battle Animations from 5th gen. The Spriter's Resource has the sprites for the animations, but I don't know if there is any way to make these happen in a FireRed hack.

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
HELP!!! I started modifying a FireRed rom for my game, and the grass won't start a wild battle, even after getting a Pokedex and the Pokemon menu activated. Why won't it activate? Is my rom...broken? :{

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back