Gator Gamer

Male
Arizona
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
87 posts
4.8 Years
Pokémon: The Camry Legend 2

The Camry Legend 2 is finally here! Well, the demo version, at least. I'm actually rolling out a demo this time, instead of releasing the whole game as is. I know, I never release demos.
The purpose is to see what people like and dislike about the game so far. Then I'll be able to better fix the game!
Since this is a sequel, it'd be best to play the original Camry Legend before jumping into this one! Also, while not, necessary, The Light in Our Hearts' plot is mentioned, too.
The demo version is short, and can be completed in a few hours. Once you complete the demo, you'll get some special Pokémon and items to mess around with.
This post will be updated with bugfixes, and when the completed version is released, I'll add new screenshots and features with it! (Unless I can't do that, then I'll make a new post)
I hope this is for the best and won't make the final release any less grand and exciting!
Anyway, this game takes place about four years after the events of the original game. So, plenty of time for things to change around the region.
Let's see a few things that changed since then, shall we?

New and Returning Features
Alolan Forms now no longer take up their own space. I really worked hard on making this work the best it could. Hopefully this makes things look a bit better!
You can now skip text quickly by pressing the "Esc" key! Just don't skip through some important event! But if you get lost, check the Quest Log!
The Camry Help Line no longer exists. However! The new Quest System, available immediately after starting the game, and pulling up the main menu, should help players if they're lost!
Mach Pizza returns again, and now sells six slices at a time, cost is $1,200 in-store, $1,500 by phone. Each slice heals 20 health. The price lowers if you buy from them 15 times!
The Move Master is back. He still can be called to relearn or delete moves anytime, but will tell the player what Hidden Power a Pokémon has.
The Camry Legend 2 uses Unreal Time System. If this feature is isn't to players' liking, I may just revert back to the normal real-life time system.
A lot of moves now work correctly - mostly Gen. 6 and Gen. 7 moves.
You can no longer run from certain wild battles to prevent cheating. Yes, I caught that.
Teleport works like it does in the Let's Go games, and has -6 priority.
Player titles, which were in the original Camry Legend, now play a bigger role. Players get them by playing through Quests or To change them, head to any PC in the Pokémon Center and log into your Trainers' own PC. Title Manager should be there! Any titles that you'd like to see? Then ask and we'll see.
Rockruff and Lycanroc finally makes their appearance, after being a bit buggy in my older games. Dusk form is included!
Oricorio also finally makes its appearance! Change its appearance by using Nectar!
Type: Null and Silvally are now available! Use Silvally's RKS System Ability to your heart's content!
The Dulyn region now has its own food, Seamar Stew, available in Seamar City from an old lady. It's based on Irish stew, because the Dulyn region takes inspiration from Ireland.
Wimpod and Golisopod's Ability works correctly now. Everyone loves Emergency Exit and Wimp Out, right?
I added so many TV shows. Why? Just to add something cool to do.
You can now slide on ice in the overworld. Huge improvement.
And many more new features waiting in the completed version in the future!

Screenshots
Spoiler:

Some player Titles, some currently unavailable

Download
Version 1.0, Sepember 9th, 2019
Download HERE

Tools I Used
RPG Maker XP
Pokémon Essentials v17

Bugfixes
None quite yet!
If you find any bugs or anything that seems weird, please inform me! Comment it immediately! I'll fix it as soon as I can.

Credits
Spoiler:

Pokémon Birthsigns / Zodiac Powers - Lucidious89
Quests Script - mej71
Advanced Pokédex, Roulette minigame - FL
Wild Hidden Ability script - Scyl, NettoHikari, Marin
Player Titles script - SwdFm
Text Skip feature - Amethyst
X & Y megas and sprites - Layell, princessofmusic
Gen. 7 Sprites - thedarkdragon11
USUM Sprites - Leparagon, Amethyst
Night sky background - TowardsThePantheon
Following Pokémon - Help-14, zingzags, Rayd12smitty, Venom12, mej71
Mimikyu's Disguise script - Poq
Improved D/P/Pt Font - Peter O., Mr. Gela
Level Balancing script - Umbreon
B/W Gen. 3 style overworld sprites - Mashirosakura, Young-Dante
DE Music Themes - Dead Ends
Band Room Tileset (not used yet but will be) - derlo, SDV, Shardi, Mi, Logiedent, Phyromatical, Sharm
Sign Skin - Mr. Gela
Lava tiles (not used yet but will be) - DormDude, Rayquaza-dot
Overworld Item Graphics - Wergan, PurpleAladdin
Gen 7. Abilities, moves, scripts - Zeak6464, TapuFini, SpartaLazor, leparagon, M3rein, BlackOutG5, Rune, Rigbycwts, Rot8er_ConeX, James Davy, Luka S.J.
Eusine, Team Plasma, Wallace, Brawly, Tamer, Zinnia sprites - aveontrainer, PurlpleZaffre, Starsparkless
Mega Lopunny backsprite - Gnomowladny
Dancer Ability - mybusiness
Day / Night Shading feature - Deo
"Whiskey In The Jar" by The Dubliners
"Going Different Ways" by Eric Matyas
"Drafty Places" by Eric Matyas
Revamped Camry region map - PokeMaster20

Vendily

Female
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
942 posts
4.1 Years
Fan Games Post
Approved!

Gator Gamer

Male
Arizona
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
87 posts
4.8 Years
Cool Cool, one thing that REALLY set me off was that you couldn't choose your starter so it'd be appreciated if you could choose a mon this time instead of sticking the player with an eevee(Really hate this mon too)
This time, you can get an Eevee or a Pikachu, right? There's a choice now. Though if you still dislike those two I can add more starters!
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
11 posts
135 Days
This time, you can get an Eevee or a Pikachu, right? There's a choice now. Though if you still dislike those two I can add more starters!
I mean, there are always those people that want a pokemon that aren't extremely popular and 'cute' like those too. I don't know about having an option between them though, I just got an eevee.
Male
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 6 Days Ago
10 posts
2.9 Years
Just some feedback from my part after playing around 20 minutes:

- In Seamar City, the Pokémart salesperson doesn't speak with an accent. Breaks the atmosphere a bit (since personnel are generally locals too). Same with Nurse Joy.
- Loving the original music in the Seamar Museum.
- Personally not a fan of Eevee and Pikachu, but if that's what YOU want (remember that this is your game), then you should keep it that way.

Gator Gamer

Male
Arizona
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
87 posts
4.8 Years
Just some feedback from my part after playing around 20 minutes:

- In Seamar City, the Pokémart salesperson doesn't speak with an accent. Breaks the atmosphere a bit (since personnel are generally locals too). Same with Nurse Joy.
- Loving the original music in the Seamar Museum.
- Personally not a fan of Eevee and Pikachu, but if that's what YOU want (remember that this is your game), then you should keep it that way.
Thanks for the feedback! I understand it's my game, but I'll consider all your suggestions.
Advertiser Content