Canine pokemon fan

Age 34
Non-binary
Hamsternidia , somewhere in the universe
Seen 16 Hours Ago
Posted 16 Hours Ago
794 posts
14.4 Years
What does being deep have to do with /anything/????? I was more talking about how no one could ever match the role as well as Rica anyways :)

Also no
1.Nothing much, i'm just comparing their performence ;)
2.No to Ash swearing in the USA dub or no to mrs Rica being Satoshi's aunt in the original?

(Sorry for my english BTW)
My pokemon omega red trainer card

Original nick - BH
Name - Bartek

Ash

Seen 15 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
13,428 posts
11.2 Years
Nah. The only known family member that we've seen is Delia and he will never swear in the english version simply because its targetted for kids and very rarely you'll even hear the word damn in kid shows. I do know that he's said the equivalent of Damn in the original version though!

Ash

Seen 15 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
13,428 posts
11.2 Years
sigh.

1. very rarely
2. i was just using the word 'damn' as they don't even go that far in kids shows, never mind words that people really consider a swear word
3. i'd like to not see this statement again otherwise i am going to card you for being off-topic/uncivilized, thanks

seriously i don't know why you try to get argumentative with me but i'd like for you to stop from here on out. your third statement especially is unnecessary when all i'm trying to do is carry a conversation.

Percy

Male
Asia
Online now
Posted 1 Minute Ago
2,955 posts
5.1 Years
yeah the change with voice actors in the hoenn arc was very noticeable. bothered me at first

Ash

Seen 15 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
13,428 posts
11.2 Years
same, even though i knew voices got better it was hard to listen to at times. sinnoh was a relief when i got to it haha.

Entei Fan

Canine pokemon fan

Age 34
Non-binary
Hamsternidia , somewhere in the universe
Seen 16 Hours Ago
Posted 16 Hours Ago
794 posts
14.4 Years
seriously i don't know why you try to get argumentative with me but i'd like for you to stop from here on out. your third statement especially is unnecessary when all i'm trying to do is carry a conversation.
OK fine sir, i'll stop, no need to go human on me, this is the only place people treat me with respect now
My pokemon omega red trainer card

Original nick - BH
Name - Bartek

Quiji

Love Bites

Female
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
320 posts
10.1 Years
I really started to like her voice around the Sinnoh area (I think she improved from battle frontier!). I look forward to her continued improvements. <33

BTW does it fits to anime timeline? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgRZK07kK6M is mrs. Rica, Satoshi's auntie in the original too?
Granted it's a cute, nostalgic video, but why would you entertain the thought that an American live action promo video might be canon? That's like thinking that Pokemon Live! fits the anime's timeline.

Dragon

lover of milotics

Age 26
Male
Viridian City
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 17 Hours Ago
10,460 posts
6.1 Years
I’m guessing you don’t share the same opinion? That’s fine, but it was kinda rude to just laugh at mine. x:

Ash

Seen 15 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
13,428 posts
11.2 Years
There's such a vast difference between her Battle Frontier voice and her Sinnoh voice but I suppose it's to each their own pft.

Anyways been rewatching Best Wishes and I'm very glad I made the decision to do so aaa.

CodeHelmet

Banned

Male
Hayward
Seen June 9th, 2019
Posted June 9th, 2019
3,379 posts
2.2 Years
All 6 protagonists now have Z-Rings and Z-Crystals. Frankly overdue when they give half the cast Z-Rings in a span of what... 6 Episodes? Could have done Mallow back in Season 20 seeing as her best friend in Lana got hers at the 75% point(just could have held off on giving her a Z-Crystal until now). Same deal with Sophocles, although I'm not sure when they could have done so seeing as he's had few Episodes centering around him in Seasons 20 and 21(which is why I hold the position that if Sophocles were removed, nothing would change). Lillie is the wildcard but even hers was a bit overdue in my opinion. To get the Z-Crystal before the Z-Ring just doesn't make sense to me and even then it's her father's. Feels shoehorned as far as I'm concerned.

Also don't get me started on the sheer lack of captures either... Makes Kalos look good if you ask me.

Ash

Seen 15 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
13,428 posts
11.2 Years
I think the amount of captures in Kalos was fine and would've been better if the Pokemon had more interactions and such between said captures. But other than being used for battle and such idk. They could've done a lot better there I mean there were less Pokemon than Unova by a lot and yet Unova is one of the best when it comes to just how much Pokemon interaction with one another and with trainers it's amazing!! though the fact that Team Rocket isn't shoehorned in every other episode to try to capture the Pokemon of the Week really helps in those matter imo.

I will agree that the pacing is a little off when it comes to the gathering of Z-Rings and Z-Crystals. They should've definitely spread them out a bit more but instead now they want to hurry and get everyone ready for the league and idk i would've liked to see them practice and develop with the z-crystals and such before the league. i'm sure we'll still see that but with wonky pacing the possibilities are limited.

don't get me wrong i still love sun and moon and it's definitely not the first one with wonky pacing it's just something they could've pulled off a little better is all!!

CodeHelmet

Banned

Male
Hayward
Seen June 9th, 2019
Posted June 9th, 2019
3,379 posts
2.2 Years
I think the amount of captures in Kalos was fine and would've been better if the Pokemon had more interactions and such between said captures. But other than being used for battle and such idk. They could've done a lot better there I mean there were less Pokemon than Unova by a lot and yet Unova is one of the best when it comes to just how much Pokemon interaction with one another and with trainers it's amazing!! though the fact that Team Rocket isn't shoehorned in every other episode to try to capture the Pokemon of the Week really helps in those matter imo.

I will agree that the pacing is a little off when it comes to the gathering of Z-Rings and Z-Crystals. They should've definitely spread them out a bit more but instead now they want to hurry and get everyone ready for the league and idk i would've liked to see them practice and develop with the z-crystals and such before the league. i'm sure we'll still see that but with wonky pacing the possibilities are limited.

don't get me wrong i still love sun and moon and it's definitely not the first one with wonky pacing it's just something they could've pulled off a little better is all!!
Last Episode, while TR focused, had the three newbies practicing along with the three veterans. Next week is a “boot camp” followed by the final UB and then Celebi of all mythicals. Ignoring the Kanto pandering, we got Johto and Sinnoh mythicals this Season. Head scratching to say the least.

Percy

Male
Asia
Online now
Posted 1 Minute Ago
2,955 posts
5.1 Years
the newest episode was bittersweet. would have made more impact to young kukui if ash's torracat is an incineroar but its fine. still a good episode.

spoilers:
Spoiler:
what happened to grandpa oh in the future was sad :( but it makes me glad that i got to see what happens to him. not like an implied death like the stoutland one.

writers did a good job on inserting what pikachu and the gang from the present time were doing while ash was in the past. looking forward to next week's episode!
time-travel episodes/movies always get on my good side hahaha
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
285 posts
14.1 Years
I'm surprised SM is nearly over already, this saga completely flew by. I'm sure the animation will change again next gen.

It's pretty funny how due to the shorter length of each sagas, Ash's travel companions literally tripled since the end of DP. It's like every time I turn around Ash has a new female companion and new friends now, whereas back in the old days it felt like Misty, May, Dawn and Brock were there forever. Or maybe it's that we're all older now so time passes quickly.

It's also kinda funny in retrospect when you stop to realize how short lived Misty's character in the anime really was. She was in more eps than the other girls, but when you realize she was only in the anime for 5 years and left when the franchise as a whole was still in its infancy (can you believe Pokemon as a whole was only 5 years old when she was written off?), it's pretty telling how she was only in like 25% of the animes total episodes now. It's really only the Johto fillers that gave Misty extra time in the show. I guess time flies.

Quiji

Love Bites

Female
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
320 posts
10.1 Years
I don't know whether to mourn the end of the Sun & Moon saga, or celebrate it. It's had some good moments and a ton of bad ones, but I think I'll actually miss the cast. One thing that I won't miss whatsoever is the animation though, which I pray will be changed in the Shield & Sword saga 'cause mama Quiji ain't putting up with bloated!James and bloated!Jessie for another saga.
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
285 posts
14.1 Years
I’m hoping after SM ends there are a few specials and one of them includes Bonnie/Clemont visiting Alola, similar to Cilan meeting them after XY, or Brock meeting Cilan after BW. They usually have characters from past series meet the ones in the next one directly after so it would be fitting.

Bonnie was the breakout character of XY and one of the most popular characters in the series in about a decade and Clemont was a great character and can bond with Sophocles being both electric users. Bonnie would enjoy the Alola girls.

Man it’s 3 years later and I still can’t get over how good Bonnie was. Her Japanese voice was adorable too. I hope we get to see her at least one more time before she inevitably fades into oblivion like all past characters.

TheBatPrince

Male
Azalea Town
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
72 posts
12 Days
AH in my opinion a Thread of 600+ Posts is a bit too much to keep track of.

However, if I had to shuck in an opinion; I'd say it all went downhill after Season 1. The Games before Crystal were all 11/10, it's just the Show wasn't as good after.

None of it really ever moved me emotionally. That's what Anime is all about. Being truly moved with riveting scenes.

Ash

Seen 15 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
13,428 posts
11.2 Years
I'm probably one of few who actually have the first series lower on their personal ranking list haha. OS certain has its comedy and nostalgic value but beyond a few notable scenes like bye bye butterfree I actually feel like some of the later generations have me going back and rewatching episodes moreso than the original series has me doing. And it's not an accessibility issue since I know where to find and watch the original series as well as the other previous series with it.

Dragon

lover of milotics

Age 26
Male
Viridian City
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 17 Hours Ago
10,460 posts
6.1 Years
Eh, First season is good for nostalgia, but not my favourite. Though, I'm kinda biased towards Pokemon Scent-sation (because Erika) and The episode with the Bellsprout(Janette, favourite minor character)!

IcyIce

Fictional Writer.

Male
Tennessee
Seen 12 Hours Ago
Posted 19 Hours Ago
4,937 posts
9.4 Years
You aren't the only one. I think Kanto/Johto are some of the weakest episodes of the saga, although there are some good points.

Whirl Cup Arc and Pokemon League in Johto were my favorite in the two sagas, however, Hoenn/Diamond and pearl beat them drastically. Even Unova I can say beats Kanto at least. Kalos is my favorite out of all and Alola... well I have missed mostly every episode because I haven't really cared for it. So it is probably about even with Kanto.

Alloute

Cat Burglar

Male
Washington
Seen 17 Hours Ago
Posted 17 Hours Ago
168 posts
10.4 Years
The Whirl Cup arc is severely overrated IMO. I liked it sure, but it gets praised as being one of the best moments of the Johto saga and I just didn't think it was that good. Misty being the star for the most part was cool, but that only lasted for what, 3 episodes? It wasn't enough.
大阪この猫は極度のかわいい、彼持っているすべての最もよい特徴を、彼である私の好みの猫!

IcyIce

Fictional Writer.

Male
Tennessee
Seen 12 Hours Ago
Posted 19 Hours Ago
4,937 posts
9.4 Years
The Whirl Cup arc is severely overrated IMO. I liked it sure, but it gets praised as being one of the best moments of the Johto saga and I just didn't think it was that good. Misty being the star for the most part was cool, but that only lasted for what, 3 episodes? It wasn't enough.
This is true, I don't think it was the best, but one thing I have always enjoyed in shows and animes, likely because of DBZ, I love tournaments. Anything that has a tournament in it I love, which is a major reason I liked Unova, because there were so many tournaments. This is also why I loved Beyblade, Battle B-Daman, DBZ, Ect.
Advertiser Content