• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you were a Gym Leader

Years
I've always had the idea of a dual-type gym, where all of my Pokemon are one of two types (or both) but not necessarily the same dual-type combo, if that makes sense...

So, I'd have an Ice/Fairy gym as those are my 2 favorite types. My team would likely consist of:
Sylveon (Fairy)
Dedenne (Electric/Fairy)
Glaceon (Ice)
Mamoswine (Ice/Ground)
and my ace Pokemon...

Alolan Ninetales (Ice/Fairy)

Unfortunately most of the team could probably be taken out fairly effortlessly by steel types, but I do still really like the idea of a dual type gym! I'd give out the Aurora Badge to winners and the TM for Ice Beam.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
I'd probably be a Dark type leader.

I'd most likely use Umbreon, Honchkrow, Houndoom, Weavile, Tyranitar, and Sableye.

simone1234

Don't underestimate the enemy/opponent.
Years
Gymleader: Dark

Gym inside: Darkness, trainers must think on how to find the Gym leader in complete darkness, but to do that they have to battle 7 trainers, they will appear when you bump against them, when the last trainer has been defeated you will find the Gym leader in an unexpected place.

Gym leader will ask first the trainer on how many pokemon he wants to use. If the trainer wants to use 3 pokemon, the Gym leader will also use 3 pokemon being these >

First: Bisharp with moves to counter type weakness.
Second: Houndoom similiar like Bisharp.

Third will be something unexpected.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jul 9, 2022
Legendary

I mean, they let Tobias in that thang with dang near a team full of them....

Dragon

Rewarding to train, because they start out semi-useless, but by the 2nd evolution you think "Ok, I got something here."

1) Hydreigon

2) Salamence

3) Garchomp

4) Kommo-o

5) Haxorus

6) of course I throw the OG out last, Dragonite.

Years
I would be Normal-Type Gym Leader. It would be about 4th Gym and first really challenging. I would use 2 teams. One for "fast" attackers and one for slowly bulk Pokémon.

My "fast" team would be:
_ambipom.gif
lopunny-mega.gif
cinccino.gif
stantler.gif

And slow team:
snorlax.gif
audino-mega.gif
slaking.gif
wigglytuff.gif

Ys

Wandering Spirit
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 1, 2024
Hmm perhaps ice, dark, or poison type.
For ice:
Dewgong, Cloyster, Lapras, Glaceon

For dark:
Umbreon, Mightyena, Zoroark, Houndoom

For poison:
Venusaur, Gengar, Crobat

StaticShock

Chaos Current
Years
Either a fighting type or an electric type. Both would be preferably last gym and around level 50

If Fighting :

- Mienshao
- Hawlucha
- Heracross
- Blaziken
- Gallade
- M-Lucario (main)

If Electric :

-Pikachu
-Emolga
-Galvantula
-Vikavolt
-Jolteon
-Luxray (main)

blue

gucci
Years
dark-type gym leader for sure.

weavile.png
scrafty.png
bisharp.png
drapion.png
mandibuzz.png
houndoom-mega.png

(weavile, scrafty, bisharp, drapion, mandibuzz, mega houndoom) all mid 50s being the final gym leader.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 25, 2019
i'd go for electric, though i'm not the best when it comes to monotyping.
trainercard-E4 Omega electric.png
as seen here.

the gym would be similar to wattson's gym. switches on the floor turn certain gates on and off.

*note: usually, i wouldn't monotype a team.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen yesterday
I would like to be Fire type gym leader, my team would be Infernape, Chandelure, Heatran, Torkoal, Victini and Charizard (with Y mega stone).

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 4, 2019
Lilith- Ghost type Gym Leader who is actually a Evil Team Leader who prefers Dark Types.
Gym Team;
1. Gengar
2. Sableye
3. Cofagrigus
4. Mimikyu
Team Leader Team;
1. Sableye
2. Absol
3. Zoroark
4. Pangoro
5. Mega Gyarados
6. Female Incineroar (her Ace)

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
Years
Probably, a dark type gym where i have fun watching people solving puzzles in the dark just to reach me haha

My pokemon choice would probably be : Gyarados (Mega), Honchkrow, Hydreigon, Bisharp, Shiftry, and Houndoom

Years
Electric!! Emolga, Ampharos, Raichu (Kanto), Jolteon, Lanturn, Luxray. <3 badge name though...I'd have to get back to you on that haha

budube

Hi I'm Cube
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
Poison-type of course. I'll give the Atomic Badge and it would be a Nuclear Plant or something. My team will be:
1) Salazzle
2) Garbodor
3) Toxicroak
4) Crobat
5) Venusaur (M)
6) Toxapex

Last edited:
Back