Started by Sheep September 16th, 2019 8:51 AM
  • 24 replies

Sheep

Female
Online now
Posted 4 Minutes Ago
27,232 posts
13.1 Years
A lot of us are on a forum like this one because we're huge Pokémon fans; otherwise, we probably wouldn't have joined in the first place. However, would you say Pokémon is your favorite game series?

IV

Age 23
Male
Netherlandia
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Hours Ago
2,911 posts
253 Days
I would not say so. I got way too late into Pokemon for that to be a feasible thing.

Palamon

Has sent out Pikachu!

Age 22
Male
Milaturia.
Online now
Posted 1 Day Ago
5,171 posts
10.8 Years
Well, I guess, yeah. I've been into Pokemon 12 years, and no other gaming franchise (besides idol games) has really grabbed my attention as heavily as Pokemon has, so it's definitely my favorite.
Theme: Tsukasa Suou
Pair: Go

Reyzadren

Arid trainer

Male
Laverre
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
300 posts
5.4 Years
No, Pokemon is not my favourite game series. It would need to have no grinding to earn that spot :P
Soundcloud Profile: Ascension Drive

Castform

Age 25
Male
Weather Institute in Hoenn
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
21,565 posts
7.3 Years
For sure, yeah. I am actually not that much into gaming outside of Pokemon. I've dipped into some other nintendo franchises like Mario, Zelda, etc. but nothing has grabbed my attention like Pokemon has.

Sydian

ick...battle.

Age 27
Georgia
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
32,496 posts
11.7 Years
my favorite pokemon games are emerald and crystal, but they're not at the top of my fave game list. however, i would say that as a whole, pokemon is my favorite gaming series. i don't go a year without playing at least two of them, even if it's just replaying rse (cause that...happens a lot lol). and it's not even really out of obligation it's just like. i get in the mood for them so much or i want to raise a specific team of pokemon or whatever. it's been a part of my life since i was 6...that's over 20 years. it's so...wild to think about my life without pokemon. so yeah. definitely my favorite series of games and even when i'm feeling less inclined to play them, i still say that bc of how full my life has been of pokemon.
i'm awake.
twitter | ao3

Janp

Age 22
Male
Czech Republic
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 7 Hours Ago
3,505 posts
6.6 Years
If we count the whole franchise + community, then yes, but if we count only the gaming part, then big no. Pokémon has been with me my whole life and just by looking at Challenges, you can see that I play these games a lot, but I never had a "5 more minutes and then I'll turn it off" or "one more turn and then I'm going to the bed" moment while playing them. I'm not even sure if it would get to the top 5 to be honest.

colours

magical leaf

Female
the dream world
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 5 Hours Ago
5,495 posts
14.6 Years
One of my favourite games yes, but not my absolute favourite. The games are still something I enjoy pretty frequently and will always have a place in my heart, but there are other games that I've enjoyed about as much, if not a bit more.

Dawn

of the Final Day

Age 30
Non-binary
Away with the fairies
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
11,090 posts
5.1 Years
Pokemon used to be my favourite series, but no entries have ever been my favourite game. It stopped being my favourite series after Gen IV ended, and I've always had games I prefer to it on the various platforms it has been on.

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 12 Hours Ago
Posted 14 Hours Ago
9,127 posts
8.5 Years
This.. is a surprisingly tough question. I don’t think I can give a definitive answer, but Pokémon’s at least in the top 5.

Percy

Male
Asia
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
2,986 posts
5.2 Years
nah, its not. but it holds a special place in my all-time best game series. idk, pokemon has its charms but eh, I think there are better games

MargatroidCA

Seven-Coloured Puppeteer

Male
Sinnoh (but actually Canada)
Seen 9 Hours Ago
Posted 10 Hours Ago
75 posts
183 Days
I don't know about #1 favourite, but it's certainly up there. It's just hard to say because there are other games that I like just as much as I do Pokemon, if not even more. *shrug*
~ MAL ~

lilaë21

Roaming Sinnoh

Age 23
Non-binary
Liguria, Italy
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
117 posts
321 Days
It was my absolute favourite media franchise as a kid and also one of my favourite gaming ones once I started playing the games, but it hasn't been one of my absolute favourites (today I'd still have trouble picking a single favourite franchise anyway) since gen V. As for individual games, I did spend a lot of time back then on FireRed, Emerald, and especially Diamond, but none of the three are any close to my gaming top 10 (again I don't think I could ever give a particular order for them), perhaps the only Pokémon game that'd make the cut is HeartGold/SoulSilver.

Soaring Sid

Yoom-Tah!!

Age 17
Male
India
Seen 9 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
568 posts
100 Days
Indeed, Pokemon is my favorite game series, because this franchise has been the base of my childhood since i was 6 years old. It has deep-rooted itself. I don't know what more to say, but yes, no other gaming franchises have grabbed my attention to this extent. Wish you all a good day!

<~Trent (from this place) says the Slaking circus above leads you to a nuzlockle run.

Go

Take my hands now

Male
Kansas, USA
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 7 Hours Ago
10,996 posts
14.3 Years
Pokemon has always been my reason for buying all of my handheld consoles, so you could say it's my favorite game series!

I also will play Zelda, Persona, Kingdom Hearts, and Tales when I have the right consoles, but Pokemon is my biggest motivation - the others are just bonuses, oops.

A reincarnation of my childhood dreams
I don’t know what this emotion is
If this place is also inside a dream

you might know me as Drew | paired to Palamon

PkMnTrainerWilliam

Aspiring Professor's Aide

Male
Texas, United States
Seen 6 Days Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
54 posts
66 Days
Been training Pokemon since I was 7 years old, fully intend to continue training Pokemon until the day my body can no longer function. Heck, if I get around to seeking a life partner I'll probably introduce them to Pokemon.
/!\ Please send me a PM here or on Discord if you add me on any of the following. /!\
| 3Ds FC: 0619 - 5500 - 0519 | Switch FC: SW - 7362 - 2356 - 3326 |
| Main Team: |
| Pokemon GO FC: 5706 - 0357 - 1276 | Partner: | House Instinct : There Is No Shelter From the Storm |

Imperator161

Seen 49 Minutes Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
1,411 posts
11.2 Years
Pokémon is my favorite game franchise. I’m frustrated by the direction of the series and by my waning enthusiasm, but it’s played a huge role in my life for over twenty years. I don’t think I’ll ever experience the magic of my my first couple of games again (much like holidays lose their luster as we grow up), but it’ll likely always be important to me.

My favorite game series are probably:
1. Pokémon
2. The first two Paper Mario games
3. 3D collectathon Mario
4. Animal Crossing (tossup between this and 3)
5. 3D Zelda (distant fifth)
Diamond FC: 1504 2172 1147
White FC: 1721 2860 5156
3DS XL FC (X): 2466-2669-5197
Galar
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
159 posts
19 Days
It's not. I've played video games who are just better as a video game but it'll always hold a special place in my heart. It was my first big serie of video games and it distracted me from a not so great childhood.
Advertiser Content