• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphic✓] Press Start graphical glitch

Forever Alone

Back into rom hacking 8 years later!
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
I imported my background with the Press start button, it flashes in the correct colors but on the initial start of the screen there is a black bar instead of the press start that appears for a few milliseconds before displaying it correctly(this is in the same frame as the charizard being gray scaled). I'm using fire red 1.1, this is a very minor issue but not when you have ocd lol.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen today
I imported my background with the Press start button, it flashes in the correct colors but on the initial start of the screen there is a black bar instead of the press start that appears for a few milliseconds before displaying it correctly(this is in the same frame as the charizard being gray scaled). I'm using fire red 1.1, this is a very minor issue but not when you have ocd lol.

First, use Fire Red 1.0 (Squirrels) instead of 1.1. Nearly all research on FR on this (and other) website(s) is based on Fire Red 1.0.

Second, Jiangzhengwenjz helped me fix the same issue you're having right now in Orange Islands. He can probably help you too;)

Last edited:

Forever Alone

Back into rom hacking 8 years later!
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
First, use Fire Red 1.0 (Squirrels) instead of 1.1. Nearly all research on FR on this (and other) website(s) is based on Fire Red 1.0.

Second, Jiangzhengwenjz helped me fix the same issue you're having right now in Orange Islands. He can probably help you too;)

It fixed itself when i added the title background and sprite at once. Does everyone really use 1.0 for rom hacking?, need more info as i'm about to start properly

Back