• 232 replies

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional

Male
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 14 Hours Ago
1,787 posts
12.5 Years
im gonna assume you don't need a full team of 6? ive been considering a Ultimate Dark Run but some gens don't have enough for 6 of them
You do not. Otherwise, you'd need 6 Dragonite for a Kanto Mono-Dragon run.
3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-3902
IGN: Peter; (X, Y, OR, AS, S, M)
Friend Safari: (Fighting) Throh, Meditite, Breloom
Living Pokedex Complete: Y, C, R, LG, E, D, Pl, HG, B, B2, X, Y, OR, AS, M, UM, Sw
Big thanks especially to DestinedJagold, Xerneas_X, Elements1 and ~RNC~

PM me if you want to trade, or add my FC.

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.

Male
In the Flax Fields.
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
1,202 posts
8.8 Years
im gonna assume you don't need a full team of 6? ive been considering a Ultimate Dark Run but some gens don't have enough for 6 of them
If you an acquire 6 unique pokemon of the type then it's advised to do so but for games that don't have this included, you can use the ones available and any duplicates if you wish to

sunshinesonia

stressed possum

Non-binary
Seen December 10th, 2019
Posted November 14th, 2019
24 posts
335 Days
black 2 grass run update final
Spoiler:
so boyz,,,,,,, we did it. black 2 grass run is completed. it was a chore at times. mainly SKYLA. i might do a dark run bc i love dark types and also an excuse to use liepard. i dont think i wanna use roserade again tho, not that it was bad or anything, but just kinda,, not me. next time ill play on emulator (if thats allowed). thank yall for havin me

final team

Vanessa the Mild Serperior, LVL 56
- Leech Seed
- Return
- Leaf Blade
- Coil

Vivi the Careful Virizion, LVL 71
- Energy Ball
- Sacred Sword
- X-Scissor
- Swords Dance

Eliott the Lax Roserade, LVL 56
- Petal Dance
- Leech Seed
- Toxic Spikes
- Toxic

Matthew the Sassy Ferrothorn, LVL 56
- Power Whip
- Iron Defense
- Iron Head
- Ingrain

Spageddy the Timid Tangrowth, LVL 56
- Energy Ball
- Stun Spore
- Power Whip
- Rock Slide
Age 27
Canada Eh!
Seen January 18th, 2020
Posted December 19th, 2019
187 posts
10.9 Years
Forum User Name: Cardwell74
Game(s): Blue, Crystal, Alpha Sapphire, Platinum, ???, ???, ???
Pokémon Type: Normal
Single/Ultimate: Ultimate

Self Imposed Rule: Pokemon that are Normal/Flying are banned.

Going to start with Platinum

Update 1: Start to Solaceon Town
Spoiler:

Started with Piplup for no notable reason. First Pokemon I caught was Bidoof and I had to grind until it learned Rollout at level 13 before the rival fight outside Jubilife. She also learned Defense Curl along the way so the rival fight was easy. On the way to Oreburgh she evolved and learned Water Gun and swept the gym with it. The Windworks fight with Mars went easy with Defense Curl + Rollout

Next Pokemon I caught was a Buneary in Eterna Forrest. I grinded it up to level 23 so it would have Jump Kick for coverage. I fed it some bitter medecine to power up Frustration (it will take longer to evolve now but it made beating Gardenia much easier). Jupiter met the same fate as Mars. Also found an Up-Grade, which will be important later.

Grinded on the way down the bike road and through to Hearthome City. Fantina was... a whacky battle. Buneary's only move that can hit her stuff is Grass Knot, meaning Bibarel needed to be the attacker but it's only good move for the battle is rollout and she leads with a Duskull with will-o-wisp. Fortunately there are some Rawst berries on route 206. On the way to get the berries I caught a Clefairy with Sing for the gym battle. I gave a Rawst to Bibarel and after she missed 1 will-o-wisp while i used Defense Curl, the second one hit but my berry healed it and Rollout brought Duskull into heal range. The next turn she healed but Rollout hit again to KO Duskull. She sent out Mismagius who used Magical leaf bringing Bibarel down to half but Rollout KO'd it back. Out comes Haunter and Rollout misses, but at this point I have won for all intents and purposes. Outside of Sucker Punch, Haunter cannot damage normal types and the AI doesn't know what to do (even less than usual) . I switched to Clefairy and used Follow me a few times PP stall sucker punch, put it to sleep with Sing to safely switch Bibarel back in (avoiding Confuse Ray and Hypnosis) and Rollout KO'd it in on the second hit.

The rival fight after Fantina was also funny. I led with Bibarel and clicked Defense curl while Staravia used double team. Rollout hit but didn't KO and it double teamed again. Rollout hit again (somehow) to KO the bird but then it missed Grotle who Crit with Razor Leaf bringing Bibarel down to 2 hp. I then got 3 straight flinches with Headbutt to KO Grotle despite having TWO HP left. Buneary cleaned up Buizel and Rapidash.

Going to call it for the night after 2 extremely whacky battles back to back. Gotta love Pokemon.

Current Team
Bibarel lv 32
moves: Headbutt, Water Gun, Defense Curl, Rollout

Buneary lv 34
moves: Jump Kick, Quick Attack, Return, Grass Knot

Plus a little help from
Clefairy lv 17
moves: Sing, Follow Me, Double Slap, Defense Curl
(really unlikely to use this anymore)

Update 2: Solaceon Town to Victory Road
Spoiler:

Picked up where I left off and made my way to Veilstone and got my next teammate, Porygon (spent a little while soft-reseting for a good nature) and also traded him with the up-Grade to evolve right away. I did some shopping and bought some vitamins for Buneary, and used some rare candies to evolve her.

Next I headed to the game corner to gamble until I could buy the TM for Psychic to go along with the Thunder TM I bought for Porygon 2. I trained Porygon 2 on the way down to Pastoria.

Once there I spent time in the underground digging up shards to teach Lopunny Fire Punch. I also taught her dig with the TM I got on the way. Also dug up a Stone Plate which Bibarel got to power up Rollout

I headed back up to Veilstone and beat Maylene (spammed Psychic on everything but Lucario which died to Fire Punch) before flying back to Pastoria to beat Wake (spammed Thunder on everything but Quagsire who died to Grass Knot).

Headed up to Celestic where I got some Wise Glasses (was expecting Choice Specs but I guess they're somehwere else?) and beat Cyrus with Bibarel's Rollout. Also on the way got a Shadow Ball TM for Porygon2

Headed over to Canalave, beat the rival mostly with Rollout and then went to Iron Island to train with Riley before heading back and doing the gym. Most things died to Lopunny (Dig or Fire Punch)

After the stuff at the lakes I headed up to Snowpoint, got and Ice Beam TM for Porygon2 on the way and more Fire Punches from Lopunny swept Candace.

Headed to Veilstone to storm the metaphorical castle. Found the Dubious disc inside to finally evolve to Porygon Z. Beat Cyrus and Saturn.

Climbed the mountain, got through the annoy true double with the rival who's Munchlax is literally useless.

I mostly remembered my way through Distortion World from memory and beat Cyrus, mostly with Rollout and ran from Giritina.

Headed over to Sunyshore, Lopunny used Dig to KO most everything in the gym. Although at one point I got paralyzed but Thunder Bolt 3 times in a row, and static twice in a row (a 0.009% chance, for comparison finding a full odds shiny is 1/8192, which is about 0.012%)

Saved outside Victory Road for the night

Update 3: Victory Road to Hall of Fame

Spoiler:

Beat all the trainers in Victory Road and the Rival before the Pokemon League.

Did some shopping for X iteams and healing stuff. Didn't grind at all before going in (mistake)

Beat the Aaron with Bibarel, set up some x-attacks for Rollout. He spammed Double team with Yanmega while I set up, but Bibarel has Unaware.

Beat the Bertha by taking out Wishcash with Ice Beam before switching to Bibarel whose Waterfall put in work. Sandstorm is annoying. It is insane that GameFreak thought having the weather induced by abilities be permanent was balanced.

Beat Flint with Rollout. It KO'd Houndoom with a Crit, took 2 turns to KO Infernape who used Thunder Punch both times (thankfully Bibarel tanked them) then missed Rapidash because of Bounce, but after it hit Bounce the next turn it used Sunny Day and the rest got Ko'd by a new Rollout (It Crit Magmortar, which might have mattered but who knows)

Before Lucian I gave Porygon-Z the Spell Tag to power up Shadow Ball. Hit Mr.Mime with a Shadow Ball putting it in the red and it used Reflect. Next turn I used an X-Special while he healed. From there it was a sweep, Mr. Mime went down to 1 Shadow Ball, Gallade lived the first one but died to the second, Alakazam and Espeon were OHKO'd and Bronzong lived the first but went down to a crit the next turn.

Cynthia took a bunch of tries. Lucario's Aura Sphere could OHKO my entire team. The battle I won went like this
Spiritomb: Lead with Porygon-Z holding Wise Glasses and used Thunder, it paralyzed, fully paralyzed, KO'd next turn with Ice Beam
Lucario: Switched to Lopunny, who was faster, used Dig before getting KO'd by Aura Sphere. Porygon-Z came in and Ko'd with Thunder
Togekiss: It lived a Thunder in the yellow and KO'd Porygon with Aura Sphere. Sent out my Clefairy and used the turn to Max Revive Porygon-Z who came in a Ko'd with Psychic (would have used Ice Beam but only had one left)
Garchomp: OHKO'd with my last Ice Beam
Milotic: used an x-accuracy, it used surf and the i used an x-special and it used Mirrot Coat. I clicked Thunder and prayed it KO'd, which it did thankfully
Roserade: OHKO's by Psychic

https://imgur.com/a/7qxTL3N

Hall of Fame Team

Bibarel lv 59
Item: Stone Plate
Moves: Headbutt, Waterfall, Defense Curl, Rollout

Lopunny lv 55
Item: Silk Scarf
Moves: Drain Punch, Fire Punch, Dig, Return

Clefairy lv 17
Item: None
Moves: Sing, Double Slap, Defense Curl, Follow Me

Porygon-Z lv 62
Item: Wise Glasses
Moves: Psychic, Shadow Ball, Thunder, Ice Beam

Monotype Challenge Enthusiast
Pokemon Speedrun Fan
Shiny Hunter with 777 Unique Shinies Found
Hater of Mega Evolution

Generation Ranking (Favourite to least): 3 2 5 1 6 7 4

Friend Code: 3239-6778-0132

BlissyMKW

Rawr

Age 24
The Shadow Realm
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted November 21st, 2019
1,110 posts
9.5 Years
I think I remembered exactly why I don't like Sun and Moon. It takes an eternity to just get past Melemele because you get stopped every 10 seconds. But anyway, after getting to Akala, apparently not saving the game, and then ending up back at pre Hau 3, I finally got back to making progress on the run and got further than when I forgot to save. I'm on the road to the Grass trial on Akala Island, and oh boy, I cannot wait until this Wingull finally evolves. Wingull is actually terrible until it evolves. Also, whoever in the dev team figured it was a good idea to leave the Scald TM on Brooklet Hill has basically allowed me to partially break the game because Scald.

The Team

Opera Queen (Brionne) Lv. 24 @ Quick Claw
Nature: Lonely
Ability: Torrent
Moves: Aqua Jet, Scald, Baby-Doll Eyes, Disarming Voice

Mailbird (Wingull) Lv. 23 @ Nothing (Amulet Coin is being passed around to the lead for more money)
Nature: Calm
Ability: Hydration
Moves: Quick Attack, Scald, Supersonic, Air Cutter

Skeeter (Araquanid) Lv. 22 @ Amulet Coin
Nature: Gentle
Ability: Water Bubble
Moves: Infestation, Bite, Bug Bite, Scald

milcute

a sweet melody~

Non-binary
USA
Seen December 13th, 2019
Posted December 10th, 2019
32 posts
105 Days
X Fairy Monotype - Update #1

So, in addition to my self-imposed rule of only 4 Pokemon per game, I'm also opting to not use the same Pokemon twice. Since all of the Fairy types available in Omega Ruby are also available in X, it really restricted which Pokemon I could use on my team.

Events

Spoiler:
I chose Fennekin as my starter, and used him through the first few routes and Viola. Once I made it to Route 4, I caught Flabebe and immediately boxed Fennekin. I managed to beat all the trainers on Route 4 with Flabebe alone, but once I made it to Lumiose, it became apparent that I was going to have a hard time ahead of me, because I lost to Sycamore... And to his Bulbasaur, no less.

On Route 5, I had to break the rules a bit and pull Fennekin back out of the box, because those twins won't let you pass them unless you have two Pokemon in your party. I was able to beat Tierno with relative ease, but lost to Rising Star Hamish. I did the Parfum Palace segment, and then ran away from the wild Snorlax - I knew there was no way in hell my Flabebe would be able to beat it.

On Route 7, I caught Swirlix and beat Tierno and Trevor in the tag battle with Calem. While I was backtracking on Route 6 to beat the trainers in the tall grass, Flabebe evolved into Floette. I made it to Ambrette Town with no further incidents, but ran into trouble in Glittering Cave. I struggled with the Team Flare Grunts, and since Calem doesn't bother to heal you before the tag battle, we ended up losing spectacularly.

At long last, I made it to Cyllage Gym, and had to leave several times because my Pokemon kept fainting to various trainers. I somehow managed to beat Grant on my first try, though I think the O-Powers I used had something to do with it. I'll take it.

Current Team

Spoiler:
Fleur (Floette) ♀️ Lv. 25
Bold, Somewhat vain
Flower Veil
-Tackle
-Magical Leaf
-Fairy Wind
-Wish

Bonbon (Swirlix) ♀️ Lv. 24
Gentle, Highly persistent
Sweet Veil
-Fairy Wind
-Endeavor
-Fake Tears
-Round

X Fairy Monotype - Update #2

I'll just edit this post instead of making a new one. Saves space that way!

Events

Spoiler:
Shortly after beating Grant, I caught Snubbull on Route 10, and I hadn't even left the route before she evolved! And it's a good thing, too, because she was able to steamroll Korrina's Lucarios in Geosenge Town. I was really scared about that battle - Swirlix and Floette would've been useless against them - so yay for Granbull!

I caught Mr. Mime in Reflection Cave, and then continued to Shalour City, where I beat Korrina officially in her gym. Mr. Mime handled pretty much the entire gym himself, just spamming Psybeam. I beat Korrina YET AGAIN at the Tower of Mastery, immediately boxed her Lucario, and then continued onto Coumarine, where I defeated Ramos, once again mainly relying on Mr. Mime. I guess it can't be helped, considering he's the only dual-type on my team.

Current Team

Spoiler:
Fleur (Floette) ♀️ Lv. 36
Bold, Somewhat vain
Flower Veil
-Tackle
-Magical Leaf
-Fairy Wind
-Wish

Bonbon (Swirlix) ♀️ Lv. 36
Sweet Veil
-Draining Kiss
-Energy Ball
-Aromatherapy
-Round

Bijou (Granbull) ♀️ Lv. 38
Timid, Takes plenty of siestas
Intimidate
-Headbutt
-Payback
-Bulldoze
-Rock Smash

Pierrot (Mr. Mime) ♂ Lv. 37
Filter
-Psybeam
-Infestation
-Light Screen
-Reflect

X Fairy Monotype - Update #3

It's been a while since my last update, 'cause I took a break for a few days.

Events

Spoiler:
After defeating Ramos, I headed south to the Power Plant where I defeated Team Flare. It was unremarkable and rather boring. Upon arriving in Lumiose, I spent more time and money than I care to admit to get a haircut before battling Clemont. I relied on Granbull for Clemont's entire gym, as she's the only one who knows a Ground-type move.

After defeating Calem in yet another repetitive rival battle, I made my way to Laverre, where I defeated Valerie. Once again, I ended up relying a lot on Granbull. She and Mr. Mime are really the MVPs of my team. I would have evolved Swirlix and Floette, but since Swirlix knew an HM move, I couldn't trade her until I got it deleted. And it just didn't feel right evolving Floette without evolving Swirlix, too.

Anyway, after spending several days not even thinking about Pokemon, I went to the PokeBall Factory and defeated Team Flare. It was about as exciting as the Power Plant.

Current Team

Spoiler:
Fleur (Floette) ♀️ Lv. 46
Bold, Somewhat vain
Flower Veil
-Wish
-Aromatherapy
-Moonblast
-Magical Leaf

Bonbon (Swirlix) ♀️ Lv. 45
Sweet Veil
-Dazzling Gleam
-Energy Ball
-Thunderbolt
-Surf

Bijou (Granbull) ♀️ Lv. 47
Intimidate
-Play Rough
-Payback
-Bulldoze
-Rock Smash

Pierrot (Mr. Mime) ♂ Lv. 45
Filter
-Psychic
-Dazzling Gleam
-Thunderbolt
-Grass Knot

X Fairy Monotype - Update #4

Long time, no see!

Events

Spoiler:
The second I got to Dendemille Town, I made my Swirlix forget Surf and evolved her into Slurpuff. I also evolved Floette into Florges. :) After that, I defeated Team Flare in Frost Cavern, and continued onwards to Anistar City.

After another extended break, I finally got around to battling Calem (again) and defeating Olympia. Unsurprisingly, Granbull was the main player in this gym, to the point where I avoided as many trainers as I could to avoid any further overlevelling.

Once that was over with, I headed to Lumiose City to battle Team Flare at Lysandre's cafe. One of the scientists' Drapion gave me a little bit of trouble, but other than that, it was smooth sailing. After a brief intermission where I caught a Pokemon that can use Fly, I flew to Geosenge to face Team Flare for the final time.

I broke the challenge rules a little bit here... See, I forgot that Xerneas will be put in the front of your party if you have less than 6 Pokemon in your team. I ended up briefly using them during the battle with Lysandre as a result. At least they're a Fairy-type! The monotype part of the challenge has not been compromised at all. Once the climax was over, I sent Xerneas on a journey through Wonder Trade... Puck, if you're reading this, I hope you enjoy them!

Current Team

Spoiler:
Fleur (Florges) ♀️ Lv. 59
Bold, Somewhat vain
Flower Veil
-Wish
-Aromatherapy
-Moonblast
-Magical Leaf

Bonbon (Slurpuff) ♀️ Lv. 59
Sweet Veil
-Dazzling Gleam
-Flamethrower
-Thunderbolt
-Surf

Bijou (Granbull) ♀️ Lv. 61
Intimidate
-Play Rough
-Fire Fang
-Crunch
-Bulldoze

Pierrot (Mr. Mime) ♂ Lv. 60
Filter
-Psychic
-Dazzling Gleam
-Thunderbolt
-Focus Blast

X Fairy Monotype - Update #5 (FINAL)

One game down, three to go! Next stop: Hoenn.

Events

Spoiler:
With no further plot ahead of me except for beating the game, I headed to Couriway Town where I defeated Professor Sycamore... Considering I lost to him in the first battle, this felt very satisfying. I continued to Snowbelle, only stopping to battle Shauna, Tierno, and Trevor along the way. After a quick detour to Pokemon Village, I defeated Wulfric. Amazingly, I ended up using all of my Pokemon equally during his gym, instead of relying entirely on Granbull.

With 8 gym badges, I headed to Victory Road. A few of the trainers there were moderately difficult, but not terribly so. I beat Calem for the final time, and challenged the Pokemon League.

I decided to fight Wikstrom first, since I'm pretty terrified of Steel-types. Thankfully, he wasn't that difficult. Malva and Siebold were about the same level of difficulty as Wikstrom, and Drasna, unsurprisingly, was a complete pushover. At long last, it was time to battle Diantha... And she turned out to be easier than any of the Elite 4.

After being registered to the Hall of Fame, I defeated AZ at the ceremony in Lumiose, and then watched the credits roll. This is actually the first time I've ever completed a monotype challenge in Kalos, so I'm really proud of myself here.

Final Team

Spoiler:
Fleur (Florges) ♀️ Lv. 73
Bold, Somewhat vain
Flower Veil
-Moonblast
-Energy Ball
-Psychic
-Petal Dance

Bonbon (Slurpuff) ♀️ Lv. 72
Sweet Veil
-Dazzling Gleam
-Flamethrower
-Thunderbolt
-Surf

Bijou (Granbull) ♀️ Lv. 74
Intimidate
-Play Rough
-Brick Break
-Crunch
-Earthquake

Pierrot (Mr. Mime) ♂ Lv. 72
Filter
-Psyshock
-Dazzling Gleam
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast

Radboy

Age 17
Male
Texas
Seen 5 Days Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
58 posts
4.1 Years
Forum Username: Radboy
Game: Shield
Pokémon Type: Psychic
Single/Ultimate: Single

Just looking at it, it will be significantly harder than a Sword run due to having Allister instead of Bea.
"Success is a Journey, not a destination" - Arthur Ashe

My Not-So-Special Achievements:
Challenge Hall Of Fame
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
58 posts
6 Years
Ultimate Dragon monotype Platinum update

Man, been a while since I posted on this challenge. Time to fix that! Unfortunately, I seem to have lost my Platinum file so I'll have to start that part from scratch. On that note here's the first member of my new Platinum team:

Spoiler:

Diablos the Impish Gible Lv. 2
Sand Veil
- Tackle
- Return

I'll have to grind a bit before he'll be able to hold his own.
Current challenge(s):

Challenge type: Ultimate
Pokémon type: Dragon
Game(s): Fire Red, Soul Silver, Alpha Sapphire, Platinum, White, Y, Ultra Moon
Current progress: Fire Red 8/8, Soul Silver 16/16, Alpha Sapphire 0/8, Platinum 8/8, White 8/8, Y 1/8, Ultra Moon 0/4
Seen December 24th, 2019
Posted December 7th, 2019
2 posts
81 Days
Forum Username: CrazySquare
Game: FireRed
Pokémon Type: Ice

After way too much effort I managed to get a Smoochum as a starter, because Jynx is the only non-legendary ice type who isn't water/ice type...
It was probably a bad idea for me to use only Ice types since I've never played this particular game before...
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
58 posts
6 Years

Current progress
Spoiler:

All right, managed to get this run started again. Not much to say so far since Diablos basically oneshots everything with Dragon Rage at this point in the game. The only thing that has survived it this far is Roark's Cranidos. Next up: back to Jubilife and towards Floarama town.

Current team
Spoiler:

Diablos the Impish Gible Lv. 14 @ Nothing
Sand Veil
- Dragon Rage
- Tackle
- Return
- Sandstorm
Current challenge(s):

Current progress: Fire Red 8/8, Soul Silver 16/16, Alpha Sapphire 0/8, Platinum 8/8, White 8/8, Y 1/8, Ultra Moon 0/4
Male
Australia
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted January 1st, 2020
9 posts
78 Days
Forum User Name: SiegeGoatRevenge
Game(s): Pokemon Blue
Pokémon Type: Water

Decided to hack in a few pokemon, make the game a little more interesting for myself instead of just grinding through with Squirtle all the way through, this is most likely be my final team. All Pokemon starting at level 5.

Spoiler:
Squirtle

Seel

Shellder

Horsea
Male
Australia
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted January 1st, 2020
9 posts
78 Days
Update, Pokemon Blue Water Challenge

Progress
Spoiler:
Just completed the Electric Gym, battle was a pain but with everything I had, including my HM slave, I was able to just about beat that Raichu. I also caught a Magikarp and grinded it to Gyarados, as I finally felt using the Digltt cave would give me some decent easy exp.

Current Team
Spoiler:
Level 21: Gyarados
- Splash
- Tackle
- Bite

Level 20: Shellder
- Tackle
- Withdraw
- Water Gun
- Supersonic

Level 19: Seel
- Headbutt
- Bind
- Body Slam

Level 23: Wartortle
- Tackle
- Tail Whip
- Bubble
- Water Gun

Level 22: Horsea
- Bubble
- Bubblebeam
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
58 posts
6 Years

Current progress
Spoiler:

- Beat Team Galactic at Valley Windworks. Had a pretty smooth Mars fight with Purrloin missing Fake Out thanks to Sandstorm + Sand Veil.

- Made it through Eterna Forest with Cheryl got a Soothe Bell as thanks. Gave it to Diablos to make Return more powerful in the long run.

- Diablos evolved into Gabite.

- Beat Gardenia. Had a couple of close calls with Cherrim missing with Leech Seed and Roserade nearly taking out Diablos with Grass Knot, but I persevered in the end.

- Defeated Team Galactic in their hideout. Jupiter didn't really pose any problems despite her Skuntank poisoning Diablos.

Current team
Spoiler:

Diablos the Impish Gabite Lv. 27 @ Soothe Bell
Sand Veil
- Dragon Rage
- Sand Tomb
- Return
- Sandstorm
Current challenge(s):

Male
Australia
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted January 1st, 2020
9 posts
78 Days
Update, Pokemon Blue Water Challenge

Current Progress
Spoiler:
Thankfully, I happened to start to read a walkthrough just through Celadon City, so I got my Eveee and immediately evolved it to Vaporeon. I also evolved my Shellder into Cloyster. Finished through Erika, with was pretty easy with Seel now knowing Ice Beam.

Done Team Rocket at both Celadon and Lavender Town. After this, I immediately went to Fuschia City to pick up Surf for all my pokemon, as this would greatly help me. During this time, I evolved my Wartortle into Blastoise, Seel into Dewgong and Horsea into Seadra, to finish off all my evolutions.

Finished off Team Rocket at Silph Co, and then did both Sabrina and Koga back to back, without too much difficulty. I have gone to Seaform Islands, caught Articuno and landed at Cinnabar Island which is where I head off for tonight.

Current Team
Spoiler:

Blastoise Level 39
- Earthquake
- Mega Punch
- Submission
- Surf

Dewgong Level 36
- Aurora Beam
- Horn Drill
- Surf
- Ice Beam

Seadra Level 36
- Water Gun
- Bubblebeam
- Smokescreen
- Surf

Gyarados Level 36
- Thunderbolt
- Strength
- Surf
- Dragon Rage

Vaporeon Level 36
- Double Edge
- Quick Attack
- Surf
- Sand Attack

Cloyster Level 36
- Supersonic
- Clamp
- Surf
- Tri Attack
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
58 posts
6 Years

Current progress
Spoiler:

A bunch of things happened since last time. The most important of these are that I taught Diablos Earthquake and beat two more gyms. Next, I'll be heading towards Pastoria City to beat the gym there.

Current team
Spoiler:

Diablos the Impish Gabite Lv. 41 @ Cleanse Tag
Sand Veil
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Return
- Shadow Claw
Current challenge(s):

Male
Australia
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted January 1st, 2020
9 posts
78 Days
Final Update, Pokemon Blue Water Challenge

Complete Progress
Spoiler:
Honestly, the game was really easy after the 6th gym, Blaine is of course a Fire gym and Giovanni is a Ground Gym so my team was very well suited for those. Dewgong made the Power Plant easy, Blue after the 8th gym was a little difficult but I got through it ok. Victory Road and Moltres was also well suited for my team and it was off to the Elite 4.

I honestly thought I might have had to grind for a bit to finish off the Elite 4 but I tried it anyway if just to get some EXP. Well, thanks to my Gyarados having a wide range of moves, Blastoise now been taught Earthquake and Dewgong being a strong Ice Pokemon, other than Lance and Blue knocking out a couple of my Pokemon it was pretty smooth sailing from there.

Final Team
Spoiler:

Blastoise Level 42
- Earthquake
- Fissure
- Submission
- Surf

Dewgong Level 43
- Aurora Beam
- Horn Drill
- Surf
- Ice Beam

Seadra Level 40
- Water Gun
- Bubblebeam
- Smokescreen
- Surf

Gyarados Level 46
- Thunderbolt
- Strength
- Surf
- Dragon Rage

Vaporeon Level 40
- Double Edge
- Quick Attack
- Surf
- Sand Attack

Cloyster Level 40
- Blizzard
- Clamp
- Surf
- Tri Attack

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.

Male
In the Flax Fields.
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
1,202 posts
8.8 Years
Just putting up an FYI. Everyone is obviously busy around christmas, therefore the next update probably won't be until the new year/after christmas. This isn't set in stone I might do a quick update of the OP whenever I get some free time.

milcute

a sweet melody~

Non-binary
USA
Seen December 13th, 2019
Posted December 10th, 2019
32 posts
105 Days
Omega Ruby Fairy Monotype - Update #1

New game, new post! Let's do this!

Events

Spoiler:
I selected Treecko as my starter, and used it to defeat the wild Poochyena and Brenden. As soon as I made it to Route 103, I caught Ralts. I'd like to say that I boxed Treecko immediately, but I still used it for three more battles; once to help Ralts grow to level 4 and learn Confusion, once during the battle with the Team Magma Grunt in Petalburg Woods, as Confusion can't damage Poochyena, and once during the double battle with the twins that's completely impassable without two Pokemon on your team. So really, I boxed Treecko as soon as I made it to Rustboro City.

Anyway, after backtracking and beating all the trainers I could with Ralts, I decided to take on Roxanne. It actually wasn't too hard at all. I was worried that Rock Tomb would spell doom for Ralts, but I guess the X Defense worked.

After defeating Roxanne, I headed to Rusturf Tunnel where I defeated the Team Magma Grunt and obtained the Devon parts. I spoke to President Stone and then made my way to Dewford. By this point, my Ralts had quite a few levels under his belt, so I decided to just challenge Brawley immediately. He was a lot easier to beat than Roxanne - actually, none of his Pokemon even manage to land a single hit. :)

Current Team

Spoiler:
Grace (Ralts) ♂ Lv. 15
Lonely, Likes to relax
Trace
-Confusion
-Echoed Voice
-Disarming Voice
-Double Team
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
58 posts
6 Years

Current progress
Spoiler:

A couple of things have happened since last time. The most important one is that I've got my second (and last) party member! I've started the process of getting him up to Diablos level. As a Swablu he was pretty much a sitting duck for the most part, but as an Altaria he has already impressed me with his sheer bulk. I also beat Cyrus in Celestia Town and obtained HM03 Surf.

Current team
Spoiler:

Diablos the Impish Gabite Lv. 46 @ Dragon Fang
Sand Veil
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Return
- Shadow Claw

Forrest the Docile Altaria Lv. 40 @ Exp Share
Natural Cure
- Aerial Ace
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Breath
- Sing
Current challenge(s):

Age 27
Canada Eh!
Seen January 18th, 2020
Posted December 19th, 2019
187 posts
10.9 Years
Time to continue my Normal Ultimate Monotype Challenge
Blue -> Crystal -> Alpha Sapphire -> Platinum -> ?? -> ?? -> ??

Going to go through Blue next

Update #1 Start to Thunder Badge
Spoiler:

-Chose Squirtle as my starter but ditched it for a lv 5 Rattata.
-Grinded my Rat in the forrest until lv 14 and it learned Hyper Fang.
-Beat Brock thanks to Hyper Fang (and spamming Tail Whip when Onix used Bide)
-Taught Rat the Water Gun TM and it evolved on the way through Mt. Moon
-Caught a Clefairy in Mt. Moon, grinded it until it learned Sing, taught it Mega Punch and evolved it with a Moon Stone
-Beat the Rival and Nugget bridge trainers easily (both my guys were level 20+ at this point)
-Got the SS Ticket and Escape Roped back to Cerulean (which works in RB but not Y)
-Beat Misty by using Sing then switching to Raticate and using Tail Whip until they woke up and Ko'ing with Hyper Fang
-Taught Raticate Dig and Bubble Beam
-Picked up the Body Slam TM for later
-Beat Surge with Dig (got the Cans where it is the top left can both times)
-Taught Clefable Thunderbolt

Current Team
Raticate lv 26
Moves: Hyper Fang, Dig, Bubble Beam, Quick Attack

Clefable lv 24
Moves: Mega Punch, Thunderbolt, Sing, Pound
Monotype Challenge Enthusiast
Pokemon Speedrun Fan
Shiny Hunter with 777 Unique Shinies Found
Hater of Mega Evolution

Generation Ranking (Favourite to least): 3 2 5 1 6 7 4

Friend Code: 3239-6778-0132
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
58 posts
6 Years

Current progress
Spoiler:

Since last time I went to Canalave City to beat the gym there. Between Forrest's Flamethrower and Diablos Earthquake it wasn't much of an issue. After that I bumped into Team Galactic at Lake Valor and Lake Verity before heading towards Snowpoint City. The trek there was a bit slow due to the snow, but eventually I got there. Now, Snowpoint City gym was one that I had been concerned about since the beginning due to both of my party members having a 4x weakness to ice. Fortunately, while Forrest did go down Diablos managed to pull through thanks to his impressive Defence.

After obtaining the badge I infiltrated Team Galactic's headquarters in Veilstone City. They didn't put up much of a fight. After that I stocked up on super repels and headed to Mt. Coronet. Like Snowpoint City, the trip to the peak took a while, but eventually I got there. The Distortion world was also a bit confusing. Had a bit of a nail biter against Cyrus due to Forrest going down to Gyarados and Diablos almost succumbing to Crobat's poison. I managed to pull through though and escape the Distortion world after using my Master Ball on Giratina (don't worry, he'll never leave the PC).

Current team
Spoiler:

Diablos the Impish Garchomp Lv. 58 @ Dragon Fang
Sand Veil
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Crunch

Forrest the Docile Altaria Lv. 58 @ Wise Glasses
Natural Cure
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Aerial Ace
Current challenge(s):

Advertiser Content