• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[WIP] RCD Game Engine

What to add to the engine next

• Game Mechinics (Platforming,RPG,Raceing)

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • 3D Graphics

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • More Sound Compatablity

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • More Advance 2D Drawing (Arcs and Fonts)

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

PinkCatDragon

The 17 year old programer. Now byte off
Years
Began work on the event engine.
The event engine will have a simple mode and an advance mode.
in simple mode commands 000-060 are hidden.
in advance mode. people can make use of mono assemblys around the place and create types useing command 000-060 witch are rewrites to reflection. advance mode scripts also can use the add as plugin event. in witch it can be invoked as a command for the users of simple mode.

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
Years
Just wanted to let you know I'm still watching this project! Really looking forward to a full release!

Also, have you considering updating the first post? Looks like it hasn't been touched in a while.

EDIT: Whoa, 500th post! xD Finally getting up there!

PinkCatDragon

Years
Just wanted to let you know I'm still watching this project! Really looking forward to a full release!

Also, have you considering updating the first post? Looks like it hasn't been touched in a while.

EDIT: Whoa, 500th post! xD Finally getting up there!
Updateing the front post with screens might be idea.
Offtopic: 500th post thats more than me!

Bliss

Years
Updateing the front post with screens might be idea.
Offtopic: 500th post thats more than me!
Ah, I was only referring to the changelog, but screen shots would be a great addition as well!

Off-topic: Well then, you'd better catch up! x3

EDIT: Any update on the MIDI support yet?

Bliss

Years
MIDI will load but its too slow to actally use. because the way its done. dam you openal wav player!
I see.

What's next on the agenda? Also, what do you suppose the learning curve will be like as compared to other game engines, such as RPG Maker VX Ace, or 3DGame Maker? I found both of those to have a little bit more than I could handle and the lack of a tutorial really only emphasized my displeasure. (though I have grown accustomed to using Ace in recent weeks)

Bliss

Years
How should i do the event engine. RPG XP style, GameMaker Studio Style or Somethink else
Personally, I'm only familiar with RPG Maker VX Ace's event engine, but I have to believe it's similar to XP in most ways, so I'd suggest that one. But I'll have a look around and see if anything out there is more user friendly first.

Will report my findings later.

EDIT: Not a fan of GameMaker Studio (From YoYoGames) so I'll stick to my suggestion to keep it RPG Maker style.

Last edited:

PinkCatDragon

Years
Personally, I'm only familiar with RPG Maker VX Ace's event engine, but I have to believe it's similar to XP in most ways, so I'd suggest that one. But I'll have a look around and see if anything out there is more user friendly first.

Will report my findings later.

EDIT: Not a fan of GameMaker Studio (From YoYoGames) so I'll stick to my suggestion to keep it RPG Maker style.

the gui will be a based on rpg xp. but contain SOME Programmatic elements

For example condital brachs will jump command

Exmaple 1
1. Draw Box
2. Draw Text
3. Condital if not selected jump to 5
4. Highlight box
5. End
Exmple 2
1. Draw Box
2. Draw Text
3. Condital if selected jump to 5
4. goto 6
5. Highlight box
6. end
Exmple 3
1. Draw Box
2. Draw Text
3. Condital if selected jump to 4 else jump to 5
4. Highlight box
5. End
all work pretty much the same

Last edited:

Bliss

Years
I don't fully understand, but I think I get the gist of it. Thank you for explaining it!

I'll learn how to use this engine the same way I learned RM - by trial and error! xD Might find a few bugs that way too, with any luck.

PinkCatDragon

Years
Sorry ive been gone a while. i got some free time to work on the main GUI again so ill be doing so. Expect Updates soon.

Things ive changed are i have rebuilt so as to customize for mac,linux and windows builds
Plans
Event Engine is INI based but compiled to c#.
Will Produce Mac and Windows Binaries and mono Bins for linux
Runtime Packages in one directory
Deployable objects added to project.
One File Projects instead of directorys.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Sep 5, 2015
Is this still being worked on?
I would love to see any updates as I am trying to make a game and I may use this to make it.

PinkCatDragon

Years
I shall soon be releaseing a new code engine. this one includes opengl as the backend for drawing. It still uses SDL for loading and Video screen.
However. there will be a SDL like drawing system provided for those who are panicing about haveing to a load of gl code. Ill also be includeing a set of RCD core and RCD server

Back