• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script: [Essentials v17] Following Pokemon v 1.4.1

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 26, 2020
The script is great and I can use it without any problens even, but, the Pokémon does not seem to be moving on the map, seems to be dragged, would that be a mistake?

Years
I'm having this error when i open my game. What i must do to fix this?
pokemo10.png

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 26, 2023
The script is great and I can use it without any problens even, but, the Pokémon does not seem to be moving on the map, seems to be dragged, would that be a mistake?

You downloaded the sprites? I think it occurs because you dont have the sprites

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 26, 2020
You downloaded the sprites? I think it occurs because you dont have the sprites

Yes, I have all the sprites, but the Pokémon not appear to be moving, wanted to know if this is normal because I thought he should move as the character, but does not seem be walking, and yes, sliding on the map.

Pokébook1

Marene
Years
I got this Error, I put everything as you mentioned in the right places. :

Spoiler:

Now I deleted all Scripts from PokémonFollowing and I can't open the Pause Menu and I got this Error every time I go outside:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Ryz

Years
Has anyone gotten this bug with calling the follower update scripts?

---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials
Exception: RuntimeError

Exception: NoMethodError

Message: Section003:123:in `effect?'undefined method `>' for nil:NilClass

***Full script:

$PokemonTemp.dependentEvents.refresh_sprite

Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'

RPG__Sprite:434:in `effect?'

RPG__Sprite:433:in `each'

RPG__Sprite:433:in `effect?'

AnimationSprite:31:in `update'

AnimationSprite:88:in `follower_update'

AnimationSprite:87:in `each'

AnimationSprite:87:in `follower_update'

Follower Pokemon:1669:in `update'

Scene_Map:51:in `updateSpritesets'

Interpreter:276:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1606:in `command_355'

Interpreter:494:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:193:in `update'

Interpreter:106:in `loop'

Interpreter:198:in `update'

Scene_Map:103:in `follow_update'

Scene_Map:101:in `loop'

Scene_Map:114:in `follow_update'

Follower Pokemon:1517:in `update'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\Ryan\Saved Games/Pokemon Essentials/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK

If I replace the animations datafile it fixes it with the one you provided. Once. I try again then it does it again.

Also: I having the same problem as another guy, the Pokemon being dragged. Only happens after I transfer.
Which I'm assume could be fixed by calling one of those scripts. Both crash the game with the same error message.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 7, 2016
Hello! I'm having trouble with follower sprites not being animated in the circumstance of a bridge passing over water tiles underneath. The sprites seem to teleport onto the game_player for every bridge tile over water.

Years
I am also waiting for a fix for walking over bridges from right to left and over puddles, but that doesn't bother me as much as the footprints script... I would love to figure out how to make it so the invisible following pokemon doesn't have footprints.

I also had a SystemStackError when trying to enter the Cycling Road, but I did find a work around. All I did was make the $game_switches[Toggle_Following_Switch]=false before going on the Road and true when going back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Well I think I have a fix for walking over bridges.... But not Puddles yet...
Just place it under the code for Fix for followers having animations (grass, etc) when toggled off in Script
Code:
def pbGetTerrainTag(event=nil,countWater=false)
  ret=follow_pbGetTerrainTag(event,countWater)
  if event && event!=$game_player
    for devent in $PokemonGlobal.dependentEvents
      if event.id==devent[1] && !$game_switches[Toggle_Following_Switch]
        ret = PBTerrain.isWater?(tag) 
        break
      end
    end
  end
  return ret
end

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 4, 2023
Hi!

I tried to change the files directory to be a subfolder inside of Graphics/Characters. However, I realized that there is a comment in the scripts explicitly saying not to do so (and indeed it doesn't work if one tries). Why not? It would make the Characters folder much tidier if there weren't 1400 OW images on it.
Is it possible to toggle the script a little bit to get the files in, say, Graphics/Characters/OWs ?
Thank you very much!

J

Years
I know it works like that mine is
#Don't change
FOLLOWER_FILE_PATH = "Graphics/Characters/"
#The subfolder where your follower sprites are located
#Has to be within Graphics/Characters
FOLLOWER_FILE_DIR = "FollowerSprites/"

So all my images are in Graphics/Characters/FollowerSprites/
the last "/" is needed.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 11, 2021
Hey, I tried to toggle the regular walking to be on considering the sprites I have of certain Pokemon consist of full animations like NPC's, but it's still on the two-frame walking. How do I fix that?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 11, 2021
Unfortunately, the last row goes completely unused currently. It's only using two of the frames while walking. Three if you count the standing still frame. What I'm trying to get is for all four frames to be used, just like the player character/normal NPC's.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 4, 2023
Hi!
I noticed two bugs.

1) If your pokémon evolves by the use of a rare candy, the sprite doesn't update, you still see the pre-evolution following you.
2) If you have an egg in front of your party, the pokémon who is not yet born already follows you.

Cheers,

J

Last edited:
Years
You can set up an Event to handle things like this:
FollowingPokemonEvent-1.jpg
FollowingPokemonEvent-2.jpg
FollowingPokemonEvent-3.jpg

My code idea didn't work... But I am trying to help
But I know you can add
pbWait(1)
$PokemonTemp.dependentEvents.refresh_sprite
to the ItemHandlers::UseOnPokemon.add(:RARECANDY,proc{|item,pokemon,scene| in PItem_ItemEffects

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 4, 2023
Hi! Thank you very much for the help!
However, there is a little problem that remains in the npc solution. Even if he doesn't allow you to toggle the following if the first pokémon is an egg, you can do it with another pokémon and then switch the egg to the first position and it will follow you anyways, before birth!

Nice solution for the rarecandy! It just comes with a little anoyance of having the "release pokemon" animation displayed everytime you use a rarecandy, even if no evolution occurs.

Little by little I'm sure we can sort this out.
Thank you!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 11, 2021
Just to clarify the problem I'm having right now using Dialga here as an example. Basically, I'm trying to get the animation to look like this.
Spoiler:

But instead, it looks like this:
Spoiler:

I've tried to modify the code to where it's on a walking basis instead of a stepping basis, but nothing I do seems to help, and it's frustrating me.

Back