• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Some random interesting stuff

Sean Flame

*#@()@(!#¥{
Years
Just wanted to talk about some random interesting stuff I caught in those bits.

First off, as a Pok?mon fan for 10+ years, the idea of pokemon fusion has always enthralled me and seeing that Solgaleo/Lunala-Necrozma thingy literally made my heart beat faster than The Flash for a jiffy.
3dfe1a07bdece580d9f3bd37a07a9efc_84479.jpg
d7113ddf41769fcd12f50356a50aa276_84480.png

Next, we have the 'new pokemon never seen' quote by Junichi Masuda, which I, contrary to what some think, believe are simply the pokemon from previous gens, unavailable in SM.

I'd also like to point out to a lot of people on YouTube/Twitter/The pokecommunity itself, these are not the sequels like B2W2 were for BW. As clearly said, Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon will be the alternate versions of the characters in Sun/Moon. Idk what the changes will be though. Maybe they'll add some more mega evos to the Alola pokemon? Maybe a mega mimikyu? And Damn! Did I squeal like a fan girl on seeing those zombiechu's (actual) eyes shine!
6dc0a0f71799e3a2699fed028bdeac3a_84481.png

One more important thing I bet most people missed. It looks like, these alternate versions have some close connections to HGSS. Get it? You probably guessed it right. At one point in the trailer, we do actually see an overworld wingull sprite following the player! I really do wish it is what it seems to be.
59fdc8e59fb123b7c7643bcb7165ec87_84482.png

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
Well, overworld sprites are not really that uncommon. We've had a pick-me-up game with Pyukumuku already.

And, disappointment if new pokemon never seen is just a more expansive alolan dex. :( Sun and Moon already had an expansive dex. Introducing more new Pokemon is better. I don't want no dang pidgey again.

Sean Flame

*#@()@(!#¥{
Years
Well, overworld sprites are not really that uncommon. We've had a pick-me-up game with Pyukumuku already.

That's not what I was talking about. You see, seeing that wingull sprite flying around the player reminds me of the HGSS mechanics of the first pokemon in your party following you outside of its pokeball. Now that's something completely different from the pick-me-up with pyukumuku, isn't it?

jombii

Years
That's not what I was talking about. You see, seeing that wingull sprite flying around the player reminds me of the HGSS mechanics of the first pokemon in your party following you outside of its pokeball. Now that's something completely different from the pick-me-up with pyukumuku, isn't it?

I might have missed that part from the video. I will rewatch it and see if I can see anything of note after work. :)

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
Ooo nice pick-up on the overworld sprite following the trainer. I'd definitely love to see that happen since it was one of my favourite parts of HGSS :D

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Oh! That was a nice pick up. With how many fans want following Pokemon back, they might finally listen! I suppose we'll have to wait and see if it comes in future announcements.

Years
I do seem to recall that data mine where sprites of all walking Pokemon were shown. Perhaps they'll be put into use in these games? :0

jombii

Years
I hope it's real though.

Pokemon following you around was awesome in 2d. what more in 3d?

Years
While we do have those leaked walking and running models of the Pokemon, I still feel a walking Pokemon feature will likely never happen again due to space limitations and the fact there's now over 800 Pokemon. I know the 3DS has defied me with its capabilities but I can't just see it happening considering how huge some Pokemon are.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
yeah ^
I'd love following Pokemon but it's just not particularly feasible to implement anymore and the fact that they now need every single Pok?mon as an overworld 3D model, with multiple movement animations, etc. I'm happy to be pleasantly surprised, but I doubt it.

blue

gucci
Years
The fact that it is Wingull overhead in a similar fashion to that we've seen before, it seems more likely that it is just an aesthetic feature more than anything. I wouldn't write it off just yet though, after all we did have those following sprites leaked not long after Sun & Moon were released soooo who knows? I mean it would be a waste not to use them. If not now then definitely on the Switch.

Sean Flame

*#@()@(!#¥{
Years
While we do have those leaked walking and running models of the Pokemon, I still feel a walking Pokemon feature will likely never happen again due to space limitations and the fact there's now over 800 Pokemon. I know the 3DS has defied me with its capabilities but I can't just see it happening considering how huge some Pokemon are.

Maybe there's a size limit (?)

Back