• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

regional forms

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
in the alola region, a handful of kanto pokemon got total makeovers as regional variants -- pokemon we've known since the beginning, but with forms native only to alola. would you like for this to become a trend in the future with new generations, or even with remakes? if so, got a wishlist of forms you would like to see?

Years
Honestly? I'd prefer it to be an Alola only thing.

I really do feel like generational gimmicks eventually pouring out into other regions is eventually going to turn into a hot mess. Imagine in the Gen 8 region that not only are there new cross-gen evolutions (Gen IV), Mega Evolutions (Gen VI), we also have new regional variants as well (obv from Gen VII). It just seems a lot to keep up with and I'd rather have Alola keep what makes it unique and not really lose that, for lack of a better way of putting it.

It's a huge bummer for me because personally I would've loved for Game Freak to really go all out with regional variants and make more of them to make Alola feel more of a diverse kind of ecosystem with some Kanto influence, at least that way it wouldn't be awkward with it having the tiny amount of regional forms that it has currently.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
fair point. it is a lot to keep up with when you consider how many things have been added throughout each generation. that being said, i don't foresee them adding more. but i gotta come out and say i'd like to see johto oricorio with a dance style and design based on the kimono girls. idk what type it would be, but hey.

Years
i'd like to see them in future games, but only if it doesn't come at the cost of new Pokémon. New Pokémon are the most important part of a generation to me and I don't consider things like megas or forms to be sufficient in that regard. give us a good mix of both, and i'll gladly take it. :thumbsup:

Back